• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

The demo is so good. SO GOOD. It's a testament to how downright FUN this series is, when I'm endlessly entertained by just 5 character and a single stage (plus its FD variation).

I don't get people who said Mega Man had a high learning curve, or that he was possibly bad...HE ROCKS! (Insert bad joke based off his Japanese name here). He's absolutely amazing and I wasn't even that hyped about him, but now I love him so bad, soooo baaaad he's so freaking great, everyone in the demo controls like a dream, my man Link can finally pose a threat it just feels all around AWESOME!

The coins you earn in the demo carry to the final version? 'Cause I'm gonna be a billionaire by the time that happens!

Xeroblade

The ones you unlock are random. So, like, you could be playing Toon Link in Classic Mode but you get Sonic's Side B custom move as a reward in one of the matches. There's no set unlock requirement to get the custom moves like for stages and characters (except I think some custom moves are locked behind challenges?) Thus, it makes it not really possible get all 600+ custom moves in the game in a single day, particularly because you can also get duplicates (as in getting a custom move you already got).

Interesting, sounds like it will be time consuming, I hope its worth it. I also wonder how this will work with tournament play, if it makes it that far.

-Horizon-

This game looks amazing in 2D and 3D! Might be the first game I keep in 3D.
until I move the 3DS a litte and it breaks the 3D effect lol

Tenck

Right...that's what I'm playing. Not the demo. I only have local multiplayer coming up. Also single player is offering Vs. CPU only. Game version is 1.01 so the patch has been applied, correct? Where are all the play modes?

EShop version or retail? EShop version comes with patch I believe.retail doesn't.

WonderzL

Banned
So guys... Do you know a site or something that has the best n00b-friendly tutorial on Smash? I've played it a lot before, but very casually (I'm a handheld guy, so only @ friend's houses). I want to know what I'm doing and all that. Thanks in advance!

Kinsei

Banned
What icon? O_O

The icon to the right of the smash icon. If it's not there you probably need to download the patch.

zlCfzSblzN89_8hsXZ

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
EShop version or retail? EShop version comes with patch I believe.retail doesn't.

eShop version.

Again, all I have available in single player is a standard battle royale against the CPU. In multi I have all three options, but the game doesn't seem to be finding matches (if it's automatic) and I'm seeing "local" at the bottom if I start my own game.

it's really difficult to get used o new controls after years and years of GC pad for smash

I could imagine. We've been using the GameCube controller for practically every Smash Bros. title. Considering that I'm sure quite a few people currently play Smash 64 on a Wii with, of course, a GameCube controller. Lmao.

Rayis

Does anyone at least know what Jigg's are?

I know of 3 that someone mentioned in a SmashBoards thread

Sing 2 is a Sing that causes damage instead of making people go to sleep (or maybe it does both, the person didn't specify

Sing 3 is a Sing with reflecting capabilities like Fox's Reflector, this one is apparently very slow

Rest 2 is a weird Rest in which Jigglypuff jumps before falling asleep, the strength in this one is as bad as Brawl's but this could be used as a Jigglypuff third jump.

Violet_0

Banned
Wait DHD is strong? I don't really see that so can you explain why you think he's strong?

I've watched Zero playing against an excellent DHD player for about a dozen or more matches with Villager and Metaknight and most of the time DHD bestet him. DHD is great at creating kill zones with all sorts of projectiles and explosives and basically has Snake recovery

SuperSah

Banned
I played the demo for three hours.

That's how incredible this game is. It runs like a dream and are the graphics are the best I've seen on 3DS.

Roll on the full title.

Lyte Edge

So, interesting. I had the patch downloaded on the eShop already, but did a software check and now it's redownloading. Hopefully that fixes things.

Codeblue

I played the demo for three hours.

That's how incredible this game is. It runs like a dream and are the graphics are the best I've seen on 3DS.

Roll on the full title.

No kidding. A friend was kind enough to share a code with me, and I was blown away.

Even with only five characters, we played for hours. Game felt a lot faster than what I was expecting based on video. Can't wait for October 3rd.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He can keep you away from him with his moves.all while you're chipping away at them.

That's good to know since Duck Hunt is one of my most wanted character and I'm planning to main him. Even he suck or not.

I've watched Zero playing against an excellent DHD player for about a dozen or more matches with Villager and Metaknight and most of the time DHD bestet him. DHD is great at creating kill zones with all sorts of projectiles and explosives and basically has Snake recovery

That's fantastic! Hopefully he would remain to be good character when people are getting better with the game. Usually people's opinions about characters would change when people get better with the game. :)

Not

Banned
I know of 3 that someone mentioned in a SmashBoards thread

Sing 2 is a Sing that causes damage instead of making people go to sleep (or maybe it does both, the person didn't specify

Sing 3 is a Sing with reflecting capabilities like Fox's Reflector, this one is apparently very slow

Rest 2 is a weird Rest in which Jigglypuff jumps before falling asleep, the strength in this one is as bad as Brawl's but this could be used as a Jigglypuff third jump.

Awesome. So awesome. My hype for this game be rising. Especially now that Melee Rest is back.

That's good to know since Duck Hunt is one of my most wanted character and I'm planning to main him. Even he suck or not.

Yeah. He looks REALLY good from what I've seen from VGBootCamp's stream. He can zone so well with the can. That, and his tilts and aerials are all pretty good. Totally maining Beagle Doge.

Lyte Edge

OK, redownloading the patch worked. Now everything is there.

Basically before the patch all I had available on the main menu was what's available in Dairantou (Smash) mode and the options.

Corgi

Banned
In the final game can you remap the controls? These default demo controls suck.

I want a more gcn layout. Aka shift all the buttons counter clockwise.

Stoze

This has probably been asked a million times, but can you take items off in the demo? I thought I saw people playing without items in the japanese demo, but I could be mistaken.

bomma_man

Having to work on two games is difficult. I'd assume DK will get a new stage on Wii U. Metroid already has one.

I'm also willing to bet Earthbound and F-Zero will have old stages on the Wii U.

As someone that primarily likes smash for its fan service, I wish they just made one fully featured game instead of two barren ones. ugh.

I shouldn't have downloaded this demo....now the wait for the full game is gonna be unbearable :(

It still amazes me how good this runs...some good damn wizardry this is

Kinsei

Banned
This has probably been asked a million times, but can you take items off in the demo? I thought I saw people playing without items in the japanese demo, but I could be mistaken.

Press X to activate omega mode. It disables items in the demo.

Played a few matches as the various characters available in the demo. I was really into Melee, but only played Brawl a couple times, as the game's dual layer disk or whatever it was wouldn't work on my Wii. Was the floaty movement seen as a good addition to the series? It's taking awhile to get used to, and before I realized it was intentional, I thought my 3DS was having problems running the game or something.

Everything we see in this demo is what we get, right? There's no unlockables? I think this just made the wait for release less bearable.

Play the omega form of the stage (x button when selecting it). It disables the itens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom