• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Muscle memory is killing me with the button layout. Still, it's customizable in the final version, so I'm good with it.

More importantly, moving and attacking with the circle stick doesn't cause any real issues except for uptilts, but I had problems with those even on the GC controller.

Hard to tell how I'll adjust a lot cause I suck with all the demo characters anyway, but Mega Man is feeling the best to me. Love his movement and he has a lot of neat options and toys to play with.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Man, Villager is nuts. His recovery potential with side B and up B are crazy, but his running A and side smash are so fucking good with edge guarding, making the potted plant fall off at an angle, or just dropping the bowling ball. And the tree if you can get it can be a great kill move.

Really liking him a lot more than I expected. I'm also not disliking the controls as much as I expected, and it looks great on the original 3DS.

ffdgh

You guys complaining about the controls are insane to me, but then again, I did play through all of Kid Icarus: Uprising without having to use the stand and don't understand the complaints about the controls for that game either ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Uprising is fine. I'm too used to GCN lol.

How are you fairing classic controller users?

Durden77

It's his entrance animation, and one of his winning poses. They just changed it in his taunts.

In that video in both the intro and the winning animations he had his new weird little snicker. I haven't heard the original laugh at all yet.

I love Mega man. I knew I was gonna enjoy playing him, but man, I REALLY enjoy playin him. He's so much fun.

Some of these items are hysterical. The Galage ship and the beetle are two of the funniest ways to kill people.

Corgi

Banned
yeah having a hard time getting tilt attacks down with the circle pad :S

Really been digging megaman so far. trying to figure out use case scenarios for side b though.

Zomba13

I'm really liking Mega Man. Dunno how good he'll be tier wise but I'm having fun with him.
Worst thing is Guard on R and Throw item on L. I like it the other way.

Looks good and runs well too. Looking forward to the full game and can't wait for the Wii U version.

munchie64

News you've probably already heard a million times from a guy who never expected to play Smash before release:
The game looks so good and plays so smooth. It's amazing.

Oh my word, this game. This freaking game. It moves and feels so good. I'm absolutely in love with Mega Man. Took me two matches to feel comfortable with him.

Berordn

For those that got in the demo, is there a play limit on it?

timed? or how many times you can start it up?

If you get the "special" demo, there's no play limits, but you're restritcted to two-minute time matches on Battlefield and Battlefield Ω with Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man with only four color choices.

PKrockin

You guys complaining about the controls are insane to me, but then again, I did play through all of Kid Icarus: Uprising without having to use the stand and don't understand the complaints about the controls for that game either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't get it either. It's not any different from playing any other 3DS action game.

I am having so much damn fun with Link. Once I got used to the shoulder button functions being switched it was all smooth sailing. I was iffy on his new dash attack at first but it actually is an improvement. That upsmash being able to kill now and the dair spike are pretty cool too.

chadboban

The control pad isn't optimal. I'm sure people can get used to it, but I'm not willing to when there's the wii u version right there.

I have no problem holding the system, never had any issues with that. Only the Vita makes my hands cramp.

That's reasonable. Will be getting both versions myself though. Portable smash is too good for me to pass up on.

Unlimited for this version, 30 for the normal demo.
I do not know. I think this will be like Pokemon and all are unlimited. I think this is the demo that will be posted on the 19th.

Anyways, I was iffy on controls at first but like them now. Hope to customize X and Y to something worthwhile.

Edit: Also happy this is not Brawl 2.0. I would cry if it was as slow as Brawl.

NotLiquid

Mega Man is starting to click for me. Still feel like most of his killer moves are a bit too punishable but I'm enjoying him a lot more now. Getting adjusted to him is pretty different from other Smash characters.

watershed

Banned
The circle pad is going to take a lot of getting used to but everything other problem I have with the controls can be fixed thru customization. I'm loving the speed of the game. Sakurai got it right this time!

Kinsei

Banned
Is the metal blade the first projectile in the series that can go straight up and straight down? I know you can bend Pit's arrows, but I believe that they still go forward no matter what you do.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is the metal blade the first projectile in the series that can go straight up and straight down? I know you can bend Pit's arrows, but I believe that they still got forward no matter what you do.
Can't Pit fire his bow straight into the air? I don't remember, it's been a long time.

emb

I finally got ahold of the demo.

So far Mario and Pikachu feel pretty natural to me. The other three, not so much. I'm still very much trying to adjust to the controls though, so maybe once I'm past that I can start getting a better feel for everyone.

Coketruck

The Galaga ship, Skyward Sword Beetle and Gust Bellows are awesomely troll ways to kill someone. Villager, Link and Mega Man are great. Love this game.

Portalbox

So, serious question here.

How popular were the characters that got cut in the competitive scene? Were they just not used at all? I miss Wolf already.

Berordn

So, serious question here.

How popular were the characters that got cut in the competitive scene? Were they just not used at all? I miss Wolf already.

Ice Climbers are the only really notable one on that front.

The others are varying degrees of "okay" but none of them reached the peaks that Ice Climbers did.

Elija2

You know, this game actually makes a good 60fps vs. 30fps sight test. You can really tell that the assist trophies are running at a lower framerate if you focus on them.

Also, will the Smash coins that you earn in the demo transfer over to the full game? The demo created a save file so I have a feeling it's storing something.

PsychBat!

Banned
Mario and link actually feel great compared to brawl. And the combo's <3
Mario feels weird, but guess I played too much Brawl Mario that I got accustomed to how he plays. New Mario > Brawl Mario though. I am loving Mega Man, I just got used to him so fast.

Wondering, anyone who has the game, does the case mention anything about the new 3ds, or is the game code or whatever any different from other 3ds games? I seem to remember DSi-enhanced games having a different code, but I may be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom