• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

EhoaVash

Looking at the overall stages in the 3ds version...its quiet disappointing

Not many new stages but lots of reused ones.hope the Wii u version isn't in the same situation :(

..the lesser franchise got the boot..with Mario Zelda and Pokemon having 2 to 3/new stages

ffdgh

Megaman is fun to use but good grief it's hard to get ko's when most of his attacks(foward smash) can be caped or blocked by link's shield lol.

Dr.Hadji

I think it's more that Villager and Mega Man (who is a zoning character I assume) don't have good kill moves. I'm playing Mario and Link and killing way earlier than I did in Brawl. It probably varies a lot by character.

Same. In fact I'm killing better with Mario than in Melee as well. Plus off guarding is really sweet with the plumber.

so one of the challenges is getting a 40 hit combo in training

is there some really obvious way to do this that i'm missing because it sounds like they've got the wrong game

Gartooth

For those with the full game, what is your impression of Little Mac? He looks really fun to play on the ground but I can see his shit tier air game being annoying.

Megaman is fun to use but good grief it's hard to get ko's when most of his attacks(foward smash) can be caped or blocked by link's shield lol.
Megaman seems to have three real ways to KO:
1) Forward Smash - hard to hit with since it is a projectile.

2) Hard Punch - knock someone off a ledge and throw this down at them. Not a meteor smash, but I have never had the AI survive, either.

3) Up Tilt - hard to do this input with the circle pad, it seems. Probably his best KO move.

Now I need Megaman combos.

Masked Man

I said wow
Pittoo is insanely strong and has great DI.

EWmof.gif
Pit Clone
p0QHO.gif

I think Villager is the most fun to play as for me right now in the demo. Plus, planting the tree means you can use Down + B to hack at people with the axe for a lot of damage while ignoring the tree.

Hatchtag

Banned
Insane Sakurai level detail: On the Gameboy stage, when your battery is low, the battery on the Gameboy screen will have arrows pointing downwards, telling you to look at your battery.
EDIT: Never mind, there were just items coincidentally right behind the gameboy battery, with arrows pointing to them. What the hell.

Villager's sounds are just so great. The full inventory "wump wump" sound when you fail your n-special. His quick turn sound being the same as it is in Animal Crossing. Stuff like that is just great attention to detail.

It seems more and more to me the name of the game this time was trying to make characters are true to their games as possible (except in some cases). Game and Watch being all jittery in his animations for example. When he runs, he looks like run animations from a Game and Watch, instead of just a simplified run.

Speaking of Game and Watch, I didn't expect him to get a visual make over at all. He looks great! More accurate to Game and Watch graphics.

guek

Banned
Ganon's new kick-ass alt; not sure what it's a reference to, but it, the white one from Brawl, and the blue skinned ones are the only ones that change his head.
0zt7y2U.jpg

Trying to unlock all his customs. Giving him a piece of equipment to be faster made him so much better. So far, have both his custom Bs and one custom down B unlocked.
Custom B 1: The sword thing.
Custom B 2: A magic thing. Basically in in between of his default and his down B 1. In between damage, in between range, in between speed. Seems to have a bit of a magic effect to it though.
Custom Down B 1: More range on the ground, more straight down in the air. Has more start up and deals less damage.
Also, Ganonciding is now really hard to do. When you capture someone midair, Ganon goes straight down with them.

Damn, ganon sure doesn't skip leg day

I'd like to think that once the metagame evens out, their decision to make the game simultaneously faster but also more "survivable" will be the right choice. I think it will make for exciting matches with cool comeback moments without necessarily being handhold-y

Off-stage gameplay is the most exciting and explosive parts of any match - this game encourages them to happen more than any other

It honestly reminds me a lot of American football. There are a lot of checks and balances that rein back a dominant team and attempts to force parity, making games long and blowouts hard. But it also allows for engaging back-and-forths from start to finish - including 4th quarter heroics - and generally bad teams lose and good teams win

Drago

Well in better news I finally unlocked Flat Zone 2 hooray

Getting to Challenge Board 2 did it. Dunno what the unlock requirement is exactly but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom