• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

tumblr_nbtjfzVMpf1tqfsczo1_500.jpg

dead

http://thesketchesofmoondays.tumblr...m-not-sure-why-people-are-asking-for-lucas-we

That looks fairly good, aside from the weirdly tall Saturn - I already have Porky, Duster and Kumatora, but I'll be sure to get that Flint as well.

Did anyone unlock this trophy yet?

;_;

tumblr_n9l1mzoDLs1swqiquo1_500.gif

At least they're still together, wherever they are.

Masked Man

I said wow
What do you mean by great DI?

And how do his properties differ from Pit? I've heard that his Up B has more vertical reach, and his Side B is stronger but slower. His arrows supposedly travel faster as well.

Directional Influence, i.e. the ability to resist getting launched in a given direction. It's more of a technique, I suppose, in that it requires the player to hold the control stick in the direction opposite the one in which he/she is being launched, but Pittoo was getting slammed at high percentages but he was barely flinching.

Arrows feel slower and more powerful to me. Up B travels a further distance overall. Side B is slightly delayed(?), but I'm still trying to figure out the properties. Definitely stronger, though!

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Man, spiking with Mega Man's Hard Knuckle is the most satisfying thing ever, especially if you get the sweet spot right from its maximum distance. It might be more satisfying than Ganondorf's!

Did anyone unlock this trophy yet?

What does its description say?

PK Gaming

Directional Influence, i.e. the ability to resist getting launched in a given direction. It's more of a technique, I suppose, in that it requires the player to hold the control stick in the direction opposite the one in which he/she is being launched, but Pittoo was getting slammed at high percentages but he was barely flinching.

Arrows feel slower and more powerful to me. Up B travels a further distance overall. Side B is slightly delayed(?), but I'm still trying to figure out the properties. Definitely stronger, though!

I think the term you're looking for is weight, since DI is constant for every character. It's good that he does more damage, at the very least. I forgot to ask though; does he have the same down B? (Does he use different orbitars?)

Fireblend

Banned
I've heard some people mention Ness has been nerfed.

I just want to make it known that I will proceed to ignore such close-minded individuals and will main Ness and play them online and beat them with him, no matter how actually bad he is. My love for Ness knows no bounds, not even logic or rational thought.

Nah, they've said the public demo will have a 30-use limit here:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/fdIU6QLvLVCAfxYMuOo5OPT30dqbSit5
Why Nintendo, you treat Platinum members so well. Honesly, this is better than the actual platinum rewards lol.

So whos everyones favorite character in the demo to play as? Mine are:

1: Link
Toon Link/Young Link/Link has always been one of my main mains. Prefer Toon Link but Link is so much better than in Brawl wow.

2: Mario
Wat. I never liked playing as Mario all that much but digging it here. Fludd still sucks but I just avoid it.

3: Villager
Might be my favorite after more use. Really cool moveset and feels so new after memorizing all the Brawl movesets lol.

4: Mega Man
Had to learn not to use specials.p for the most part. Kinda hard (like his games and stage lol) but enjoy playing as him.

5: Pikachu
Just never could get into Pikachu all that much and that hasn't changed. But I can atleast somewhat get into any koveset and still like playing as Pikachu.

After this high, I need to quit playing the demo. Its gonna irk me that my playtime and stats don't get carried over D:

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Once again, apologies if this was already posted.

All Final Smashes can be seen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZAfIjDNv8Q
So there's basically still six types of Final Smashes:

Trap (Link, Captain Falcon, Villager)
Transformer (Bowser, Lucario, Lil Mac)
Flying (Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Sonic)
Directional Projectile (Mario, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer)
Area Projectile (Donkey Kong, Peach, Rosalina)
Screen Altering (Olimar, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus)

Golnei

It's basically describing the premise of the game Ice Climber. No reference to them having been in Smash Bros at all, unlike Pokemon Trainer's trophy.

It makes sense, considering Mewtwo in Brawl and Wolf in 4. Whereas a part of Pokemon Trainer's gone ahead to become a full character in this game.

Why Nintendo, you treat Platinum members so well. Honesly, this is better than the actual platinum rewards lol.

So whos everyones favorite character in the demo to play as? Mine are:

1: Link
Toon Link/Young Link/Link has always been one of my main mains. Prefer Toon Link but Link is so much better than in Brawl wow.

2: Mario
Wat. I never liked playing as Mario all that much but digging it here. Fludd still sucks but I just avoid it.

3: Villager
Might be my favorite after more use. Really cool moveset and feels so new after memorizing all the Brawl movesets lol.

4: Mega Man
Had to learn not to use specials.p for the most part. Kinda hard (like his games and stage lol) but enjoy playing as him.

5: Pikachu
Just never could get into Pikachu all that much and that hasn't changed. But I can atleast somewhat get into any koveset and still like playing as Pikachu.

After this high, I need to quit playing the demo. Its gonna irk me that my playtime and stats don't get carried over D:

Reports from Japan indicate that we do get our coins, though.

Anth0ny

Duck Hunt Dog impressions:

I love this character.

He actually reminds me a lot of Mario with how he plays. I think he's a good character for a beginner. His tilts, jab and dash attack are all quick, clear, easy to understand and easy to combo into. His up air is a multi hit peck attack from the bird. His down air is a meteor smash. Very simple stuff. Also, as expected from a dog, his run speed is very fast, second to probably only Sonic in the entire game (I could be wrong here. Point is, he's fast!)

The complexity comes in with his smash attacks and special moves. With the exception of his up special and down special, a red target appears on the screen... and Duck Hunt Dog basically summons a Zapper toting Duck Hunt player to shoot his opponents in Smash Bros.

His forward smash generates three decently powerful shots directly in front of him. The range of the attack increases as the move is charged more. If you hit with the closest shot, your opponent will bounce into the second and third shot. It's not the fastest or most powerful forward smash in the game, but it's not horrible.

In a similar fashion, his up smash generates three shots directly above the dog's head. The range is pretty small here, and like his forward smash, the move isn't very powerful.

And then there's his down smash. Same idea. Three shots. One in front, then one behind, then a second in front, equaling three shots total.

These three smash attacks generally kill at about 100%, maybe a bit lower for the lighter characters.

His neutral B is incredibly unique. Pressing the button once sends a... Hogan's Alley branded soup can flying out of DHD. It is not an item that you can pick up. Instead, you press B again, and the "player" shoots the can, sending it forward. You can shoot the can up to 8 times, which means you can send it almost the entire way across Final Destination. Upon making contact with you opponent, it explodes! Unfortunately, it doesn't really do much damage, nor does it have much knockback. Bummer considering how unique it is, and how difficult it is to actually connect with it. It's not even as powerful as one of Snake's cooked grenades from Brawl, even though the two moves are somewhat similar.

His down B generates a sprite directly from Hogan's Alley, another NES game that made use of the NES Zapper. The character faces the player for a moment, then turns and fires in the direction that DHD is facing. This move is so slow that it actually took me a while to hit a level 1 CPU, who would keep jumping over it. It does 7% and has almost zero knockback.

Forward B has DHD throwing a frisbee from his mouth at the opponent. This piece of crap attack only does two percent of damage. But wait, there's more! If you hit b, the player shoots the frisbee three times, dealing MASSIVE damage to the opponent. And when I say massive, I mean not much damage at all. Like 9% and no hit back. Amazing that all of these precision-based moves are so damn bad. Sheik's needles do more damage than these moves!

Up B is basically Tails carrying Sonic in Sonic 2, except it's the duck carrying the dog. It goes pretty far and is easy to control.

Duck Hunt Dog has an alternate costume that looks very similar to Banjo and Kazooie. I choose to believe that BK was going to be playable in Melee, but was scrapped, and now part of his moveset has been transferred to Smash 4's Duck Hunt Dog :)

Overall, DHD's special moves kinda suck, but he is quick enough with his tilts and aerials that I think he is still a decent character, at least for day one. I'm having a lot of fun with him!

web01

Can anyone who has the game please tell me if it is possible to remap any buttons.
My R button on 3ds is fucked so would be nice if I could remap it to X or Y.

PK Gaming

I've heard some people mention Ness has been nerfed.

I just want to make it known that I will proceed to ignore such close-minded individuals and will main Ness and play them online and beat them with him, no matter how actually bad he is. My love for Ness knows no bounds, not even logic or rational thought.

Your shining Hope...

Ahhh.. such a magnificient... beautiful sight!

Komaeda_%2816%29.png

I hope you crush all of your opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom