• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

I love that this game remembers the last alt color you used.

I will never not use black yoshi <3
I think I will in time, but it drives me crazy right now, even in the demo. It's hard wired into me to switch to my color instantly when I pick a character.

Mariolee

The game just came out yesterday and people are already beasting with Palutena's Down Air.

I would also like to know if there's single card play.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Holy shit. Playing a level 9 link in the demo. Two fairy bottles out and we're both over 100. He uses one and tosses the other off the stage. God tier AI

Levin Sword is Robin's default smash attack. After 6-7 uses, it breaks, and smash attacks are replaced with the Bronze Sword (less damage and WAY less knockback). It regenerates after 9 seconds, and it's strictly better than the Bronze Sword, so you should use it constantly.

It can also be used in the air.
Oh wow, that doesn't sound bad at all. Man, between Robin and Greninja, they've made two characters that really suite my play style. Cannot fucking wait for this game.

Teknoman

In general, if the hazards make the stage more about fighting the stage rather than fighting the opponent they are banned/not legal. Unfortunately, most of the new 3DS stages are pretty much like that so there's going to be a limited stage selection in tournaments.

For example, in Brawl, a stage like Halberd was legal but something like Big Blue wasn't. In Smash 4 3DS, a ton of the stages are either walk-offs, scrolling stages, or have too much going on that gets in the way. So most likely the guaranteed legal stages in this version will wind up being BF, FD, and YI:B. Some of the borderline ones are looking like Arena Ferox, Brinstar, and Prism Tower. So at the very least we might be looking at a 6 stage list, depending on how characters play on those last 3 stages. Who knows, we could find something with a character that makes Brinstar bannable or something.

That's another way to make a stage illegal. If a character can abuse something on it, it will get the stage banned. Things like DDD's chaingrab in Brawl got walk-offs banned (besides the tactic to blastzone camp on them being abundant lol) and wall infinites gets any stages with walls banned.

Could they just choose the Omega version of the stage, or would that just alter it to be a flat plane, and not take out the hazards?

Also i'm learning alot of about chasing people off with aerials from this stream.

Moonlight

Banned
Could they just choose the Omega version of the stage, or would that just alter it to be a flat plane, and not take out the hazards?

Also i'm learning alot of about chasing people off with aerials from this stream.
It'd just turn it into a flat plane like FD. Not desirable.

Gazoinks

Aw man, missed Robin, hope someone archives it. Palutena and ZSS both look awesome, though. So many people I want to try out this time around. @_@

emb

They could choose Omega mode, but that's not really different enough from just picking FD to matter.

Anteo

The omega version is a flat plane. The competitive players want more variety on stages so they can get counterpicks and more varied gameplay.
They just need to figure this game out allow more stages and start taking out one by one but it takes time to figure that out.

MicH

I'm a little disappointed that the battle mix of Gaur Plains in Shulk's reveal trailer isn't in the 3DS version. It better be in the Wii U one! You Will Know Our Names is freaking amazing, though. This entire soundtrack is god-like

Revven

They could use the FD variants, yeah, but so far there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between them other than some have walls for the main stage (that could be useful for characters with walljumps) and some don't. There's no known blastzone variance and look more like FD-skins than anything else (disappointingly).

But yeah they could, those aren't off the table. But they wouldn't really add anything to the stage list because of the lack of differences.

MisterHero

Are there no more Self-Destructs? An enemy gets a point whenever I fall off the stage without getting hit.

Is it a changeable rule in the full version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom