• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Boogiepop

Okay, so it looks like I only have one trophy left, and it's "Fighting Mii Team". Can anyone confirm for me that it's just a normal trophy that will pop up in the store/trophy rush/wherever? I'm assuming I just need to keep plugging away at that and it'll turn up eventually, and I'm willing to do that, but I want to make sure it'll pop eventually before I continue any further grinding.

Mr_Joe

Okay, so it looks like I only have one trophy left, and it's "Fighting Mii Team". Can anyone confirm for me that it's just a normal trophy that will pop up in the store/trophy rush/wherever? I'm assuming I just need to keep plugging away at that and it'll turn up eventually, and I'm willing to do that, but I want to make sure it'll pop eventually before I continue any further grinding.

Yeah, I got that one just through random play.

Question: if I'm going to replace my 3DS, should I get a 3DS XL (Super Smash Bros Edition of course) or just wait for the New 3DS (I don't know when the expected release in NA is). Also, how much of a pain is it to transfer account information and such?

Question: if I'm going to replace my 3DS, should I get a 3DS XL (Super Smash Bros Edition of course) or just wait for the New 3DS (I don't know when the expected release in NA is). Also, how much of a pain is it to transfer account information and such?

personally I'd just get a New 3DS when it comes out but I'm sure there will be hella opportunities to grab up a 3DS XL around then on the cheap. and it's not really a pain at all, there's a system function for it in the settings and it's automated.

Not much of a pain to do the transfer. Depending on how much content you have, it may take some time though. And I'm waiting for the imminent New 3DS announcement for America.

I need dat second analog. :p

personally I'd just get a New 3DS when it comes out but I'm sure there will be hella opportunities to grab up a 3DS XL around then on the cheap. and it's not really a pain at all, there's a system function for it in the settings and it's automated.

Not much of a pain to do the transfer. Depending on how much content you have, it may take some time though. And I'm waiting for the imminent New 3DS announcement for America.

I need dat second analog. :p

Thanks guys! I'll probably wait and see if the new 3DS is coming any time soon for the US before I decide.

braves01

Banned
I put in some more time with Smash Run just now, and I gotta say it's starting to grow on me--except I still think the Run final is garbage. All the customization options and unlocks you get are what really make it compelling for me.

Secondly, any consensus on which challenge squares are best dealt with using the hammers, especially on boards 2/3?

I put in some more time with Smash Run just now, and I gotta say it's starting to grow on me--except I still think the Run final is garbage. All the customization options and unlocks you get are what really make it compelling for me.

Secondly, any consensus on which challenge squares are best dealt with using the hammers, especially on boards 2/3?
I used them for most of the Smash-only stuff because I won't ever play local multiplayer, but the "unlock all equipment/custom moves/outfits" one is probably a good choice.

ec0ec0

HELP ME GAF... PLEASE!!

I dont know what i did but, now, theres extremely high gravity when i play smash run (In smash run only, with equipment on or off). Characters move slow now, and their jump is short. Its a mess, i am stupid.

Serrato

HELP ME GAF... PLEASE!!

I dont know what i did but, now, theres extremely high gravity when i play smash run (In smash run only, with equipment on or off). Characters move slow now, and their jump is short. Its a mess, i am stupid.

Did you equip big defensive items? They reduce speed.

ec0ec0

Did you equip big defensive items? They reduce speed.

I know, i have never used defensive items AND the problem happens when i play with equipment off too

edit: When i try the character (with equipment on or off), on the set-up screen, the physhics are ok. Once i enter actual smash run, gravity increases.

edit (again): Also, if i try the characters (with equipment on or off), on any other mode, the physics are ok.

I know, i have never used defensive items AND the problem happens when i play with equipment off too

edit: When i try the character (with equipment on or off), on the set-up screen, he pyshics are ok. Once i enter actual smash run, gravity increases.

It always feels sluggish for me when first starting out. I think they intentionally gimp jumping and run speed at first to make the jumping/speed upgrades more significant and manageable.

ec0ec0

First i was using sheik at almost 200 speed to get all the chests. Then i tried someone without equipment. Without equipment, it was extremely obvious that the gravity was off...

thanks GAF. Mystery solved.

edit: to clarify why i was confused. I had played some (only some) smash run before, but always with equipment (speed or attack items only, f*ck defense). This was the first time that i started without equipment.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I consider myself a pretty good player. I win about two-thirds of all For Glory matches, and most times I lose, I got pretty close to winning.

But, fuck me, I ran into a player yesterday that absolutely put the fear in me. He had a Link that would make Melee pros blush. He did stuff I had never seen before, cancelling out of moves like he was made of water, comboing into the dash attack, laying bombs on the ground like Samus... it was insane.

The craziest part? He was that good WITH EVERY CHARACTER HE PICKED. I fought him four times, and he beat me with four different characters in such a way that I almost wanted to call my mom for a hug.

Fucking hell. I forgot the guy's name, btw.

tl;dr: I thought I was the shit but then I got schooled harder than a young Catholic boy attending mass.

georly

I consider myself a pretty good player. I win about two-thirds of all For Glory matches, and most times I lose, I got pretty close to winning.

But, fuck me, I ran into a player yesterday that absolutely put the fear in me. He had a Link that would make Melee pros blush. He did stuff I had never seen before, cancelling out of moves like he was made of water, comboing into the dash attack, laying bombs on the ground like Samus... it was insane.

The craziest part? He was that good WITH EVERY CHARACTER HE PICKED. I fought him four times, and he beat me with four different characters in such a way that I almost wanted to call my mom for a hug.

tl;dr: I thought I was the shit but then I got schooled harder than a young Catholic boy attending mass.

I'd love to watch his link to study :/

Spainkiller

I'd love to watch his link to study :/

Wish I had saved the replay. Is that even possible with online matches?

Anyway, I remember getting one of his stocks in the second match. I didn't taunt because I was too afraid to piss him off.

Shit, man. It was glorious.

The realization that there are many levels of play higher than mine, did depress me for a bit, especially as I'm considered one of the better players in my own circle of friends.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah cool
3093-7162-3807

Might be a little laggy though. Today's not my best day. We'll see.

Cool, added you.

Edit: Heh, you were right. That was more than a bit laggy, though it got a bit better a few times.

Edit 2: Yeah... think this'll be my last one, heh. Connection's unfortunate.

What's your username in the game?

jorgejjvr

Did you play For Glory with anyone named Jesse a little bit ago? If so, that was me! I saw the name Jorge and that he was playing Little Mac and thought it might've been you.
No, I appear there as jorgejjvr but you can still play against my Mac if you want :p

FluxWaveZ

Man the lag is bad >_>

Yeah, some parts of that last match were like a slide show, heh. I hope the lag wasn't due to my end, because I've been having some trouble today in For Glory with a bunch of unusually laggy matches.

GGs regardless, though. Maybe we'll be able to play another time where we'll actually be able to perform at our full potential.

Yeah, some parts of that last match were like a slide show, heh. I hope the lag wasn't due to my end, because I've been having some trouble today in For Glory with a bunch of unusually laggy matches.

GGs regardless, though. Maybe we'll be able to play another time where we'll actually be able to perform at our full potential.
For Glory has been laggy on my end too today. Weird.

Yeah, looking forward to that. GGs

Boogiepop

Anyone else got Panel 3 in full? Any suggestions for Smash powers and Headgear/Custom Moves?
Hammer would be my suggestion. That's what I did, haha! I STILL don't have all the Smash Powers, hats, or custom moves myself (got at least 10-15 characters done at 270 though, and 37 hats).

And I finished off my trophy collection, without driving myself insane! Hooray! Here's hoping at least some of this stuff (ideally unlocked Characters, equipment/custom moves/outfits/headgear, and shared trophies would be great) can be synched with the WiiU version. Otherwise I'm not so sure I'd be up for throwing myself back at collecting again so soon.

Also, a thought I'm sure has been raised: obviously the gaps on the menu look suspicious, so dlc has definitely been speculated on. However, I also can't but notice Isaac didn't reappear as an assist trophy, despite all the stuff that was reused/reappeared. So I'm definitely hopeful for him as a dlc fighter! (He was probably my most wanted that didn't make it in.)

Spainkiller

Just a headsup: apparently you can do the "bump people into other people and KO them that way" StreetSmash challenges IN ITS TRAINING MODE.

If I had known that before, I could've saved one hammer and precious hours (did the "finish Smash Run with all characters in first place" challenge by myself, for instance).

Top Bottom