• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
and nothing else

The prophet has spoken!

The sound helps telegraph Mom's appearance in the original game and is a big part of what makes the game suspenseful. They could back off the music, as you say, maybe having the violins gradually overpower the music (while the music fades out), so you know to start hiding. But I do hope they have a "sounds of night" track that is just like Game & Wario, where you just hear the crickets chirping outside and the occasional creaking of people moving about.

It could be the default track, but there better be options to change it.

Neiteio

If -- and this is a big "if" -- that Tower of Smash rumor is correct, and WarioWare returns as a retro stage for WiiU (rumor said it's in both versions), then they could just put all of the WW music on that stage, while Gamer gets the "sounds of night" track conducive to its suspense-building.

If -- and this is a big "if" -- that Tower of Smash rumor is correct, and WarioWare returns as a retro stage for WiiU (rumor say it's in both versions), then they could just put all of the WW music on that stage, while Gamer gets the "sounds of night" track conducive to its suspense-building.

How are they going to handle the Wind Waker music when there are two stages based on that game?

tbh i think certain warioware songs could actually work, in a twisted sort of way. like, maybe a more hushed version of tomorrow hill. especially the part with the children singing.

i expect the music to sorta fade out or pick up static as 5-volt approaches so i don't think it'll be a concern tbh

also i like brawl's version of mike's song

I'm going to out-smartass you and point out that WW is an abbreviation for WarioWare because TWW is the proper abbreviation for The Wind Waker :p

No, that wasn't me trying to be a smartass. I was just wondering how they were going to sort of the Wind Waker songs if they put all of the Wario songs on WarioWare.
Just another reason why that Tower of Smash leak isn't worth trusting.

If -- and this is a big "if" -- that Tower of Smash rumor is correct, and WarioWare returns as a retro stage for WiiU (rumor said it's in both versions), then they could just put all of the WW music on that stage, while Gamer gets the "sounds of night" track conducive to its suspense-building.
I'd be completely OK with this because it means we'd be getting the best stage in the series in both versions.

Neiteio

I'd be completely OK with this because it means we'd be getting the best stage in the series in both versions.
I wouldn't mind WarioWare being in both games, especially since we have a new stage in the form of Gamer.

I am pumped to play Gamer with friends. It looks INTENSE. And Smash is such a big deal, maybe this will lead to Mom (5-Volt) getting her own game.

5-Volt mom-'em-up by PlatinumGames, pls

Zubz

Banned
Maybe the music could dial back a bit when the violins start playing. Or maybe the players have to be really aware of what's going on in the background.

Honestly, this is what I was expecting. Maybe throw in the violins, too, but at a unobtrusive volume for the song.

And again, Tower of Smash leak or not, both versions may very well have WarioWare; Sakurai wasn't very specific when he said they'd have different Past Stages. I took that to mean their line-ups won't match 100%.

Out of curiosity, why don't people like Mike's Song?

It was great in Touched!, but both English and Japanese covers had terrible singers as opposed to the robotic one that was meant to be Mike the Karaoke Robot himself, and the song became a generic doo-wop/lounge-ish tune as opposed to the funkier original. It basically just sounded obnoxious, to the point the original would've been a better choice, terrible quality and all.

Anth0ny

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT A MINUTE

61bu2tyjrrl._sl1000_d2kzb.jpg

SINCE WHEN WAS THIS A THING

THIS IS THE PERFECT THING

Zubz

Banned
It wouldn't fit the Gamer stage at all but I need the Dribble and Spitz theme from the original WarioWare in this game

Personally, I'm a fan of the super-serious Haru-Natsu-Aki-Fuyu.

This, Wario de Mambo and Jimmy's Aerobics/Body Rock should be ESSENTIALS
EDIT: And the above song

Damn, WarioWare has good music. Can't we just get them all? Maybe give Wario a Wario Land stage, but loan it a song or two to cram them all in there...

goddamn it why is there still no warioware game on 3ds :(

I know; even the DSi got one!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT A MINUTE

SINCE WHEN WAS THIS A THING

THIS IS THE PERFECT THING
Gotta love Turbo controllers.
My friend's still pissed off about all his Mario Party 5 high scores being broken by a Turbo controller. He's never going to fix those.
Damn, WarioWare has good music. Can't we just get them all? Maybe give Wario a Wario Land stage, but loan it a song or two to cram them all in there...

I know; even the DSi got one!

Something something Sakurai hates Wario Land.

Drago

So does this plug into the GameCube adapter, or does it plug into a Wiimote?
It plugs into the Wiimote ala Classic Controller.

I'll probably pick one up just so I can use it for some Wii/N64 VC games on WiiU if the GC adapter isn't backwards compatible for vWii usage.

Hatchtag

Banned
Looking through more files.

So yeah. Doc Louis and ReDead were planned to be assist trophies or so. I wonder if they were planning to have ReDead as Goldeen of Assist Trophies.

Surprised there aren't any leftover Isaac or Ray MK III files.
God dammit do I want Ray MK III. Almost starting to feel like there's a chance.

Drago

hmm, how good is it for that though?
I prefer the GC controller to the Classic Controller so it would be a step up in basically any game that supports the CC for me, haha

GC controller is awesome for N64 games on VC (not so awesome for any other system though IMO, since they're all dpad based and the GC dpad is ass)

Anth0ny

Knowing Nintendo, the Gamecube adapter will be compatible with Smash 4 and only Smash 4.

I'd love to grab that GC controller and play it with any CC compatible game. HORI has a history of quality Nintendo controllers, including:

5810005117_a7a5a877acizus2.jpg

hori-vs-snes-158jww.jpg

I've used both of the above controllers, and they feel extremely solid. If you told me they were first party, I'd believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom