• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRB changing "Luigi = female Garchomp" on my Pokemon team to "Rosalina = female Garchomp." Totally forgot about her and she certainly fits way more since they look alike. :)

Forkball

I know the "Ridley is too big" thing is a joke... but literally he is just too fucking big. All the mockups I've seen of him are a joke. I mean they're well done, but no matter how hard people try, Ridley's wonky proportions are difficult to scale down effectively when compared to the other fighters. The only way Ridley will ever be playable is if in a future Metroid game they completely redesign him to be more stocky or more humanoid.

Also about the earlier AT talk, Redead could easily work as an AT. He is an enemy in Smash Run. An annoying one too, as his attack has no animation and it dazes you so you can't move.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At this point I'd rather just wait it out for characters. Having models =/= make them playable.

Also people really do overestimate Ridley's popularity.

I guess that's why out of all the organisms on the planet, the humanoid build is used by exactly one extant species.

Two things.

a) Actually yeah, that's why monkeys and apes (which we are part of) are advanced and are able to use tools (part of which is due to opposable thumbs as well). The other species didn't warrant to evolve as much as our upright humanoid posture.

b) Fictional speculation, it's not meant to be serious :p

Dad came back from Japan today and brought back one of those pamphlets for Smash 3DS from the stores. Pretty cool too bad I can't read it lol.

He got to meet the Bandai Namco President to discuss a project, should have had him ask if Mewtwo or Ridley is playable in Smash.
Probably doesn't know the answer to it lol but would have be hilarious for him to ask.

I know the "Ridley is too big" thing is a joke... but literally he is just too fucking big. All the mockups I've seen of him are a joke. I mean they're well done, but no matter how hard people try, Ridley's wonky proportions are difficult to scale down effectively when compared to the other fighters. The only way Ridley will ever be playable is if in a future Metroid game they completely redesign him to be more stocky or more humanoid.

Also about the earlier AT talk, Redead could easily work as an AT. He is an enemy in Smash Run. An annoying one too, as his attack has no animation and it dazes you so you can't move.

Did someone say smaller Ridley redesign?
XM3P0qM.jpg

As for the Assist Trophy thing - Metroids, Lakitu, and Cuccoos are all enemies in Smash Run, so it makes sense for enemies in Smash Run to become Assist Trophies.

Pompadour

I don't see how being gigantic would stop a character from being playable. Tell that to Gold Lightan in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom or Hugo in SF4 (whose head can obscure the lifebars).

The only real problem with having a large, proportional Ridley is his head would go through one of the floating platforms if he was standing on the main platform of Battlefield. That's really the only upper limit to size in Smash and limit is broken any time someone gets a mushroom or if they have a Final Smash that makes their character huge.

Dad came back from Japan today and brought back one of those pamphlets for Smash 3DS from the stores. Pretty cool too bad I can't read it lol.

He got to meet the Bandai Namco President to discuss a project, should have had him ask if Mewtwo or Ridley is playable in Smash.
Probably doesn't know the answer to it lol but would have be hilarious for him to ask.
lmao like you would get an answer anyway :p

Two things.

a) Actually yeah, that's why monkeys and apes (which we are part of) are advanced and are able to use tools (part of which is due to opposable thumbs as well). The other species didn't warrant to evolve as much as our upright humanoid posture.

b) Fictional speculation, it's not meant to be serious :p

Otters, crows, and dolphins all use tools without having the same body type that primates do. What works for them works for them.
Evolution does not have any set goal in mind. It's not like the ultimate end result of evolution is sentience, and humans are the "winners."
There's no reason to assume that other animals would all adopt the same kind of upright posture that humans have just because it works for us.

Because they're both relatively skinny, like how Talonflame is Bowser because they both can breathe fire. :D

With this team I decided to make fun of people who use shitty excuses to give their mons anime names.
lol

Wouldn't naming the trainer Rosalina be a better fit :p

Would people rage if Ridley turns out to be a Charizard clone?

I'm pretty sure if Ridley ever made it in, no one wanting him would be happy with whatever way they implemented him. Everyone's expectations and hype are so high for him there is no way they would be satisfied. He would be brawl ganondorf tier or a charizard clone and then everyone would forget about him

I'm pretty sure if Ridley ever made it in, no one wanting him would be happy with whatever way they implemented him. Everyone's expectations and hype are so high for him there is no way they would be satisfied. He would be brawl ganondorf tier or a charizard clone and then everyone would forget about him
People haven't forgotten about Ganondorf's unoriginal moveset.

Ganondorf should be in the next F-Zero game by the way, just like how Fox's dad was.
Fox's dad is an awful parent. Who names their child Fox when they are a literal fox?

I would be satisfied.

"This roster is B+ tier at best. Better add another clone."

Ganondorf should be in the next F-Zero game by the way, just like how Fox's dad was.
Fox's dad is an awful parent. Who names their child Fox when they are a literal fox?

Why do you think Ridley is my requirement to raise the rating? Presumptuous, just like all of your silly posts.

The roster gets a B+ from me for cutting multiple characters while adding very little of interest to me. Add back the cut characters, especially Ice Climbers, and I would give it an A. Ridley isn't a deciding factor.

Now I will be extremely Unsatisfied with the next f-zero (if they ever make one) if Ganondorf is not a racer.

Why do you think Ridley is my requirement to raise the rating? Presumptuous, just like all of your silly posts.

The roster gets a B+ from me for cutting multiple characters while adding very little of interest to me. Add back the cut characters, especially Ice Climbers, and I would give it an A. Ridley isn't a deciding factor.

No, I was just pointing out how you seem so dissatisfied with the roster but Ridley as a clone you would be okay with.

Sorry about all the newcomers you aren't interested in. Maybe next time Smash Bros. should cater around all of your wants.

No, I was just pointing out how you seem so dissatisfied with the roster but Ridley as a clone you would be okay with.

Sorry about all the newcomers you aren't interested in. Maybe next time Smash Bros. should cater around all of your wants.
Get this: my personal rating of the roster will reflect things I want.

I think most people want the cut characters back, regardless. I don't see how adding a new character, even if a clone, could be worse than not having a new character. That seems like a benefit to me, even if it is minor.

Keep pretending you make sense when you post. One day it might come true. At least, I hope it will, since you seem to occupy a fourth of the posts on some of these pages.

Don't worry, you won't be unsatisfied
because there won't be another one

"We don't know how to continue the series any more, so we decided to take one of the gimmicks and give it to Mario Kart 8. Maybe F-Zero fans will be happy with the upcoming Mute City DLC."

Get this: my personal rating of the roster will reflect things I want.

I think most people want the cut characters back, regardless. I don't see how adding a new character, even if a clone, could be worse than not having a new character. That seems like a benefit to me, even if it is minor.

Keep pretending you make sense when you post. One day it might come true. At least, I hope it will, since you seem to occupy a fourth of the posts on some of these pages.

That's cool. I'd want the cut veterans back, especially the Ice Climbers. Maybe you don't have to be such of a grouch all the time though.

Seems like you're the only one with the problem understanding my posts.

The only clones I think people "hated" are Dark Pit and maybe Pichu. And Ganondorf, not as a character, but because of he's a clone when he shouldn't be. Many clones people like (Lucina, Falco, Roy), most other clones are indifferent (Doc, Young/Toon Link)
There's plenty of haters for Lucina, as well as Falco/Wolf (who aren't nearly as clone-like).

"We don't know how to continue the series any more, so we decided to take one of the gimmicks and give it to Mario Kart 8. Maybe F-Zero fans will be happy with the upcoming Mute City DLC."

That's cool. I'd want the cut veterans back, especially the Ice Climbers. Maybe you don't have to be such of a grouch all the time though.

Seems like you're the only one with the problem understanding my posts.
I understand them. That is how I know how silly they are.

Wolf isn't even a clone, people hating him isn't relevant. Falco was a 100% clone in his first appearance, it wasn't until Brawl that he became more unique, but he was insanely popular and liked in Melee.
You don't need to actually be a clone to be hated as long as people stupidly believe you are for whatever reason, just check out Lucario.

I try to post things with a sense of humor, which is why a lot of the stuff I write is completely not serious. It's fun. You should try it some time.
The term for posting insincerely with no intention of being genuine in one's reason is generally "trolling". You may find it fun, but that isn't my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom