• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exotoro

BayonettaSA.png

me and a friend made this and i thought it was funny

tumblr_nclu4zhC5i1tpnoc4o1_1280.png

I'm assuming this has been posted ages ago, right? In any case, I want this to be true only because of the Tower of Smash idea and character exclusive Break the Targets, with Megaman having disappearing blocks in his.

I really don't think we need that "Paper Mario Smash" when we already have classic mode. And unique BtT is too good to be true.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Considering how stingy Nintendo has been with the Wii U demo at conventions I suspect if they ever release a demo on the eShop it will be so limited you can only choose Mario and only fight for one minute on Battlefield without even the Omega version as an option.

Being stuck on one stage to only be a nuisance is less preferable than a clone, yes.

Oh god yes! No one wants to control their favorite character in such an unfulfilling way.

Charidley would be 20 jillion times greater than boss Ridley. I'd take Dark Pit as we know him than some stage hazard that interferes like the yellow devil on only a single stage. Controllable or not.
Interesting, I didn't think people would like to see one of their favorite characters turned into a clone.
How would you guys feel about Ridley being a Marth clone?
Considering how stingy Nintendo has been with the Wii U demo at conventions I suspect if they ever release a demo on the eShop it will be so limited you can only choose Mario and only fight for one minute on Battlefield without even the Omega version as an option.

Nah, I doubt it. That's too much control.
I bet we're going to have it where you download the demo and you can only watch footage of the game. That's a bit too bad though - how about some CG scenes in the mix, just to spice things up. Actually, why bother letting you download the demo - just put it online for everyone to see!
I hope Ridley is a Falcon clone if he ever becomes playable.

Of all the Final Smashes to copy, Falcon's is definitely the best. Dark Pit should've used the Lightning Chariot instead of the Dark Pit staff (which was never a kill-all weapon to begin with).

Most of the advanced tools though, at least from our perspective, use opposable thumbs and work with an upright posture. Yeah it's meant to suit us, but so far they are advanced than most of the other tools. While some species have better features, they are specialized only in that department versus versatility.
I think the key term here is "our perspective" - humans are a bit biased. We like think our lifestyle is better than that of any other creatures, neglecting the fact that many groups have gone nearly unchanged for millions of years. There's no need for crocodiles to develop advanced tools (sticks are good enough for them) or an upright posture, for example.

But yeah we're getting out of hand on anthropomorphic animals in space :p
Not to mention the bird piloting the spaceship uses feathers as fingers, and the ultimate villain is the floating head and hands of a giant primate.
At least with a series like Zelda we know the world was created by gods, so it's not like anything stupid happens with evolution there, right? ... oh shit.

While I hate the asari and quarian, I like the turian and krogan. And there are other races too. They're at least a bit more... out there.

It's really not possible to base alien life on anything other than the life we have on earth, so clearly they're going to be inspired by something. But why only humans?
A human with blue skin and some tentacles for hair is not creative - we've seen stuff like this in cheesy science fiction films for the past few decades. The Asari would just require a wig and a lot of makeup - when you're making a game, a medium where you're not bound to human actors, there's no reason to limit yourself like that.
At the very least, the Krogans wouldn't be easy to replicate with a rubber suit.

Here's an example of what I like to see with creature designs.
The MUTO in the most recent Godzilla film are really cool in that it's really hard to pinpoint exactly what they are. They share traits with arthropods and tetrapods, along with several other characteristics, so they don't fit into any particular branch. It's quite creative.

You don't even get to fight an opponent this time.

Interesting, I didn't think people would like to see one of their favorite characters turned into a clone.
How would you guys feel about Ridley being a Marth clone?

It's more like a 'If I had to choose' situation. Of course his own moveset is preferable but being stuck on one stage to only serve as a nuisance to the real fighting between 4 fighters, I find, is actually a worse fate than a clone. That goes for all characters. But I guess it helps that I don't treat clones like they're the bane of Smash's existence.

The whole concept of Boss characters is largely unappealing and seems even more throwaway than Special Brawl.

It's more like a 'If I had to choose' situation. Of course his own moveset is preferable but being stuck on one stage to only serve as a nuisance to the real fighting between 4 fighters, I find, is actually a worse fate than a clone. That goes for all characters. But I guess it helps that I don't treat clones like they're the bane of Smash's existence.

The whole concept of Boss characters is largely unappealing and seems even more throwaway than Special Brawl.

oh
those are some fighting words right there

Captain Toad is probably the title most likely to get kicked into 2015 considering it already is for Europe.
Yeah, but I hope not. Everyone is going to be caught in Smash hype that it would be best to release it before Smash in the US.

Edit: Also NeoGAF hates transparent PNG apparently because my avatar should have no background.
FML

Yeah, but I hope not. Everyone is going to be caught in Smash hype that it would be best to release it before Smash in the US.

Edit: Also NeoGAF hates transparent PNG apparently because my avatar should have no background.
FML
Are you running through a bunch of avatars too?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That 11/29 leak is the most believable leak so far. Nothing about it goes against any given facts.

I think the key term here is "our perspective" - humans are a bit biased. We like think our lifestyle is better than that of any other creatures, neglecting the fact that many groups have gone nearly unchanged for millions of years. There's no need for crocodiles to develop advanced tools (sticks are good enough for them) or an upright posture, for example.

Yeah I agree on that. Just sharing my thoughts.

Like I said though, Falco looks like that coz anthropomorphic :p

It's really not possible to base alien life on anything other than the life we have on earth, so clearly they're going to be inspired by something. But why only humans?
A human with blue skin and some tentacles for hair is not creative - we've seen stuff like this in cheesy science fiction films for the past few decades. The Asari would just require a wig and a lot of makeup - when you're making a game, a medium where you're not bound to human actors, there's no reason to limit yourself like that.
At the very least, the Krogans wouldn't be easy to replicate with a rubber suit.

I think it's more to do with the generic "gotta have that sexy alien" idea.

Platy

You mean 11/21 right?

I'm just waiting for them to inevitably announce November 21 as the release date. It makes sense - it's shared with the Pokemanz, and several retailers have already listed that as the release date.

Also it allows me to make some kind of "draw one smash character a day" as a waiting for the wiiu version after the 3ds release

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
RIP Tower of Smash Leak so people can stop believing in this "Too good to be true" leak.

Someone dug through datamines and found stage list.

Race00Race to the Finish
MiniRoom00
Race01Race to the Finish
MiniRoom01
MiniRoom02
NewMario2New Mario Stage
newmario2New Mario Stage
Wily2Wily's Castle
wily2Wily's Castle
MiniRoom03
MiniRoom05
Pupupuland_VCKirby Dream Land
DxCorneriaCorneria
dx_corneriaCorneria
Plasma
plasma
PunchOut2_cPunch Out Run!
Bomb_c Smash Bomb?
bomb_c Smash Bomb?
BattleField_cBattlefield
battlefield_cBattlefield
End_c
end_c
XenoBlade_cGaur Plains
xenoblade_cGaur Plains
Title_c
title_c
OnlineTraining_clobby
online_training_clobby
Rush_c Trophy Rush?
rush_c Trophy Rush?
battle_field_k_cBattlefield
Battlefieldk_cBattlefield
Playable_roll_c Credits?
playable_roll_c Credits?
Homerun_cHomerun Contest
homerun_cHomerun Contest
allstar_cAll Star
PunchOut_cPunch Out!
punchout_cPunch Out!
PrePlay_c
pre_play_c
FzeroSfcF-Zero Super Famicon
fzerosfcF-Zero Super Famicon
RainbowRoadRainbow Road
rainbowroadRainbow Road
MainFieldField Smash?
main_fieldField Smash?
3DLand3D Land Stage
3dland3D Land Stage
IslandTortimer's Island
islandTortimer's Island
PupupulandKirby Dream Land
pupupulandKirby Dream Land
melee
NoboreClimb to the Top!
noboreClimb to the Top!
PacMazePacMaze
pacmazePacMaze
UprisingBomb Reset Forest
uprisingBomb Reset Forest
field_smash
TomodachiTomodachi Collection
tomodachiTomodachi Collection
XGreenhillGreenhill
x_greenhillGreenhill
miniroom
PrismPokemon stage
prismPokemon stage
ColloseumN's Castle
colloseumN's Castle
DxGardenJungle Japes
dx_gardenJungle Japes
TrainSpirit Tracks
trainSpirit Tracks
XMadeinMade in Wario
x_madeinMade in Wario
XPikminPikmin Stage
x_pikminPikmin Stage
XCrayonYoshi Island?
x_crayonYoshi Island?
GerudoGerudo Valley
gerudoGerudo Valley
other
PaperPaper Mario
paperPaper Mario
DxZebesZebes
dx_zebesZebes
NintenDogsLiving Room
nintendogsLiving Room
StreetPassStreetPass
streetpassStreetPass
PictchatPictochat 2
pictchatPictochat 2
BalloonFightBalloon Fight
balloon_fightBalloon Fight
MagicantMagicant
magicantMagicant
XMarioPastSuperMario 1-1
x_mariopastSuperMario 1-1
XGwFlatzone 2
x_gwFlatzone 2

I'm going to quote PushDustin. He posted this at smash boards.

Stage file list. DX is Melee, X is Brawl.

The stage list further hurts Tower of Smash leak, as they said Magicant and F-Zero are shared between the versions. It seems that the stages that are shared have a _c after their file names. I don't think they would copy from 3DS to Wii U, as it would be more difficult to scale the graphics up.

Before you say Dr.Wily stage don't have C. They shared a lot of similar but they are not exactly same layout with floating platforms.

RIP Tower of Smash Leak so people can stop believing in this "Too good to be true" leak.

Before you say Dr.Wily stage don't have C. They shared a lot of similar but they are not exactly same layout with floating platforms.

RIP leak that never should have been taken seriously to begin with

What if Magicant and F-Zero are similar but don't have exactly the same layout?

Ugh. I knew Magicant would be 3DS exclusive. As long as we get to music though, it's alright, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom