• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Anyone else consider the idea that the supposed second screen of stages implied with the arrow icon could be for the wiiu stages?

Like, what if connecting would get you the stages from the wiiu version, would that cause people to be butthurt or excited?

Id love to see magicant in hd!

Muzy72

Banned
Out of curiosity, if a DLC shop was to be patched in as the text dump suggests, then where exactly would it fit? There isn't any room for it in the Online menu with Conquest and Share accounted for.
Maybe next to Wii U and StreetPass on the main menu.

Tamagon, Mario and Yoshi, and Samus Unmasked were removed from the PAL version (and only accessible in NA by hacking).
edit: durnit intelliheath

image.php

I'm honestly expecting to see Port Town Aero Dive return as the Wii U F-Zero stage.
Yeah, that seems about right, which is just depressingly terrible. The fact that Sakurai thinks that skimping on stage representation in both versions is okay is really troubling. All that talk of the two games being complete, standalone Smash Bros. packages worthy of being termed "Smash 4 and Smash 5" was a heaping pile of bullshit. Poor form, Sakurai.

I still find it insane that he was willing to create a new Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem stage for both versions but not for Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, etc. The franchise balance in this Smash Bros. iteration has been completely borked.

Yeah, that seems about right, which is just depressingly terrible. The fact that Sakurai thinks that skimping on stage representation in both versions is okay is really troubling. All that talk of the two games being complete, standalone Smash Bros. packages worthy of being termed "Smash 4 and Smash 5" was a heaping pile of bullshit. Poor form, Sakurai.

I still find it insane that he was willing to create a new Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem stage for both versions but not for Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, etc. The franchise balance in this Smash Bros. iteration has been completely borked.

Can you really think of any Donkey Kong or Star Fox games on the 3DS to borrow assets from?

Zubz

Banned
Here's Samus drawn by Alex Ahad (Skullgirls).

IMG_110086595400166.jpg

Nice! I like the man's work. Incidentally, I'm still hoping Skullgirls hits the Wii U at some point; it's only fighting game competition is the vanilla version of Injustice with only half the DLC, the ultimate edition of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Street Fighter 2 on the Virtual Console, Smash, and, maybe some day, Pokken. I may have only gotten the PC Version because it was free, but I'd triple dip for Lab Zero; they deserve the money many bigger devs have, in my opinion.

BayonettaSA.png

me and a friend made this and i thought it was funny

The thing is, though, that could totally be the "Challenger Approaching" line for Bayonetta.

... That's also the reason she's never gonna be in this game, not even as a 3rd Party trophy ala Rayman... *Sniff*
Although the game already has 5 butts just as prevalent, and that's without Snake.

RIP Tower of Smash Leak so people can stop believing in this "Too good to be true" leak.

Someone dug through datamines and found stage list.

I'm going to quote PushDustin. He posted this at smash boards.

Before you say Dr.Wily stage don't have C. They shared a lot of similar but they are not exactly same layout with floating platforms.

I'm mostly upset at the loss of HD Magicant here.

Can you really think of any Donkey Kong or Star Fox games on the 3DS to borrow assets from?

I'm still really surprised neither of those games got stages. I know Sunset Shore'd be hard to make, but even just a new generic jungle level in the Returns style and/or Sector X would've sufficed (I'd've said MacBeth, but it hasn't had a chance since we saw the Phantom Choo-Choo stage at E3 2013).

I meant him being playable, but well said.

On the subject, here are the first ten search results for "Ridley shadow" on Google images.

Can you think of anything Smash-related that has undergone this much analysis?

It wouldn't even be too surprising to see this in the mix.

I'm still really surprised neither of those games got stages. I know Sunset Shore'd be hard to make, but even just a new generic jungle level in the Returns style and/or Sector X would've sufficed (I'd've said MacBeth, but it hasn't had a chance since we saw the Phantom Choo-Choo stage at E3 2013).

Phantom Choo-Choo?

On the subject, here are the first ten search results for "Ridley shadow" on Google images.

Can you think of anything Smash-related that has undergone this much analysis?

It wouldn't even be too surprising to see this in the mix.

It's akin to kids convincing themselves they saw the boogeyman shuffling around in the closet.

It's akin to kids convincing themselves they saw the boogeyman shuffling around in the closet.

Are you telling me you don't know the truth? My dad works for Nintendo, and he sent me this exclusive Wii U screenshot.

I have some evidence for the Ridley table.

Ridley → Ridley Scott → Alien → Aliens → Area 51 → The Government → The Illuminati → Pyramid → Triangle → Triforce → The Legend of Zelda → Nintendo → Super Smash Bros. → Masahiro Sakurai

I'm not sure exactly where this leads, but it's pretty obvious that we're only scratching the surface.

Veeboy

Although the game already has 5 butts just as prevalent, and that's without Snake.

Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, ???, ???, ???
I need to be up to date on my Smash butts

Yeah, the stage selection on the 3ds is doing its part to make sure I keep good on my decision not to buy the 3ds version. I think the only new stage I really like is Magicant. I hope the stage selection on the 3ds isn't indicative of how the Wii U stage selection will turn out. It doesn't look like it so far, but I'm still a bit worried.

Yeah, the stage selection on the 3ds is doing its part to make sure I keep good on my decision not to buy the 3ds version. I think the only new stage I really like is Magicant. I hope the stage selection on the 3ds isn't indicative of how the Wii U stage selection will turn out. It doesn't look like it so far, but I'm still a bit worried.

WFT, Peach, ???
idk lol

I got it guys - I've found conclusive proof that Ridley is in Smash Bros.
Here's a step by step guide of how I figured it out.

First, I looked on the website, and found a clear hint by Sakurai. One of the characters is named "Link" - what is this a "link" to? I did some digging, and I'm pretty sure it's Ridley.
Now let's enhance the image, and focus on what this "link" character is holding.
Let's enhance that some more.
It appears that there's some kind of flying creature on his shield. What could it be?
Wait a second here - is that Ridley?
The connection seems undeniable.
There's more though - what's right above the drawing of Ridley? After careful examination, I believe it looks like this:
Wait! What does that remind you of?
That's right, the Illuminati is involved.
Now let's take the number of sides in the symbol above Ridley (nine total) and divide it by the number of triangles (three) and we get a number.
3. What does that remind you of?
BOOM! THERE YOU GO! Ridley is playable, my careful analysis of the "Link" character proves that he's in.

Why else would he grab Pikachu?

Zubz

Banned
Phantom Choo-Choo?

You know, the sequel to Spirit Boats!

I dunno, the stage listing's mostly disappointing, but it's got that actual Pac-Maze, Mute City, and Rainbow Road. Still hoping there's DLC that allows for some stages to also become shared between-versions, but I highly doubt it will to make these games feel separate. Although admittedly, despite getting both, I just want all the stages that could work on the Wii U to be moved there; I'm fine if the 3DS doesn't get that many Wii U stages in return...

And I'm really beginning to fear that the Wii U version'll pull a 3DS version and give certain stages Brawl leftovers and call it a day. I mean, really? Not even Melee/64 leftovers if they weren't already recycled once in Brawl?

WFT, Peach, ???
idk lol

Oh, forgot about Peach. That's 6, then!
To keep this from getting out of control, I was counting Male and Female WFT's separately, as well as Wario. He's not as defined, but he's got it, so he's flaunting it.

Why else would he grab Pikachu?

Poor Etika. No matter how big of a stretch that was, he's not getting a break anytime soon. I mean, he cried when he saw a GAF-spawned fake of Ridley on a Challenger Approaching screen.
Granted, he also delayed his Demo stream (Mind you, he was one of the first 3 to do so) because he believed someone when they said there was some sort "Lanky Kong" cheat in it, and he legitimately stopped playing to look online for it. Either he's putting on a front, or he brings it upon himself.

Zubz

Banned
Holy crap, really? That's some extreme reaction for wanting a character in.

e669fc32d5.jpg

I mean, Ridley was my most wanted newcomer, too, but geez... At least I got my 5th Place Medal in Little Mac.

Hmm... I suppose that could work. I made a quick Photoshop mockup:

aIc5sMj.png

Nice! ...Although you're not using the eShop Bag in your mock-up... Are you hiding something? Someone call BGBW.

Hatchtag

Banned
Hmm... I suppose that could work. I made a quick Photoshop mockup:

aIc5sMj.png

Anyone want to try mocking up what this will end up being?
UI97NIE.jpg

Obviously Smash, Wi-fi, and Games & More will keep their spots, and 3DS connectivity is shown. That leaves a place where Smash Run was, a shape to the right of the 3DS connectivity (does the Wii U have any streetpass-like features?), a space to the left of it (The Check List? But that could also very well fit under the magnifying glass), and possibly some sort of oval in the upper left (I'm guessing something to do with controllers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom