• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they were, that's still not really earning the leak any points.
Yeah, but it doesn't really hurt it right? I dunno, seems pretty silly to say this definitely deconfirms the leak when it could easily be a Wily situation. Unless the leak said they were exactly the same or something?

Out of curiosity, is anyone else bothered by the way I write?
I'm just trying to keep the discussion more lighthearted - Smash Bros. should be about fun, right? I'm not baiting anyone for a response, so I don't consider my posts "trolling."
I mean if certain things bother you guys, I'm willing to stop or dial them back.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't understand how this disproves the leak. What if Magicant and F-Zero are "similar but different" just like the Dr. Wily stage?

The leak is obviously a stretch, but again, I don't see how this disproves anything.

Fair point but I can't really see them changing F-Zero unless they would have to get rid of sprites.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else bothered by the way I write?
I'm just trying to keep the discussion more lighthearted - Smash Bros. should be about fun, right? I'm not baiting anyone for a response, so I don't consider my posts "trolling."
I mean if certain things bother you guys, I'm willing to stop or dial them back.
I'm probably not the best person to ask, but I've never had any problem.

It's pretty fickle about the size 100x120 so that'll ruin the transparency if it's under or over. PM me the image you want and I can help out.
Thanks for the help. Looks great!

I also meant Star Fox as the gang and not the game. Confusing I know.

I hope F-Zero and Mother aren't represented by retro stages in the Wii U version - that would be a real shame.
Me too, but this is Sakurai...

Reminds me of when Gematsu hadn't been debunked. People took that leak like gospel. It was a bit much. I'll never take a text leak to that point.

What surprised me was all the anger about Robin/Lucina being announced instead of Chrom. It was like they were upset that Gematsu wasn't 100% accurate.
"Oh no, this text leak I put all my faith into wasn't completely right - how could you Sakurai?"

RomanceDawn

I don't think the text dump proves or disproves anything. What ever is going on in the Wii U version you can bet there will be some major differences and similarities when it releases. It's still not done yet and by the time the 3DS version went gold anything could have happened.

Not that I believe the Tower of Smash leak, I'm usually indifferent towards the leaks until something really significant happens. Spain Killer and Vanroose from Smash Boards are just about the only leaks I pretty much felt were real right off the bat. Oh and Gematsu as well.

I wonder if Metal Face and Ridley were intended to be 3DS bosses as well but ultimately got scraped. After the Shulk trailer it's almost a certainty Metal Face will be a hazard for the Wii U. Though by some strange occurrence he could be playable, super dedidly duper unlikely but Sakurai always gon Sakurai.

Oh and I still fully expect the Chorus kids when we get our inevitable character DLC.

I'm surprised by the open discussion of the Gematsu leak - everyone seems fine with what others believe.

Last time I saw someone express doubt about Gematsu, it was met with some intense backlash.

Thorakai

That's not how accuracy works. And we were talking about the second Gematsu leak.

I'm pretty sure that's not it works, also the insistence on combining the two is mind-boggling.

It wasn't a serious comment, but I thought the belief was that the Gematsu leak probably got his information early in development before cuts/technical limitations/artistic vision decisions from development came into play.

I'm expecting another Conquest pic tonight.
Two weeks ago, we got the introduction to the system. Last week, we got the results of the first trial. I bet tonight's will be Conquest as well.

I feel a bit weird for saying that, though, since I know two examples is not a pattern (and frequently said that when people expected Ike to be replaced by Chrom).

True, Robin replacing Chrom would have been in place already.
Just goes to show that leaks are not reliable (besides the ESRB one).

Even that wasn't 100% accurate. No Miis on the CSS and the Tharja trophy was still there.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm expecting another Conquest pic tonight.
Two weeks ago, we got the introduction to the system. Last week, we got the results of the first trial. I bet tonight's will be Conquest as well.

I feel a bit weird for saying that, though, since I know two examples is not a pattern (and frequently said that when people expected Ike to be replaced by Chrom).

Even that wasn't 100% accurate. No Miis on the CSS and the Tharja trophy was still there.

Tharja is more likely to be cut out of the game, along with person who made the video didn't even make any mii character so yeah.

It was accurate until they had to cut the contents, and there is one blank spot between two fire emblem trophies which people presumed that it used to be a slot for Tharja trophy.

Tharja is more likely to be cut out of the game, along with person who made the video didn't even make any mii character so yeah.

It was accurate until they had to cut the contents, and there is one blank spot between two fire emblem trophies which people presumed that it used to be a slot for Tharja trophy.

Oh, do the Mii fighters not appear until you've actually created one? I guess that explains it - he was only given access to footage.

Why do you think the Tharja trophy was cut? I know NOA has had some issues with her, but why would she be cut in the Japanese version?

"Here are the results for Conquest mode for players in Japan that are playing the Japanese 3DS version. Their next challenge is to battle each other with fighters they've trained up and fighters made of metal!!"
So I'm guessing the "fighters made of metal" are going to be tomorrow's screenshot.
Mega Man vs. ... Samus? I doubt he'd use R.O.B. this early.
Metal Mario vs. Pink Gold Peach revealed as DLC.

"Here are the results for Conquest mode for players in Japan that are playing the Japanese 3DS version. Their next challenge is to battle each other with fighters they've trained up and fighters made of metal!!"
So I'm guessing the "fighters made of metal" are going to be tomorrow's screenshot.
Metal Mario vs. Pink Gold Peach revealed as DLC.

It's WFT& Little Mac vs. Megaman& Samus. 70% vs. 30%

Metal Mario vs. Pink Gold Peach revealed as DLC alts.

believe

Ryce

Out of curiosity, if a DLC shop was to be patched in as the text dump suggests, then where exactly would it fit? There isn't any room for it in the Online menu with Conquest and Share accounted for.

It's WFT& Little Mac vs. Megaman& Samus. 70% vs. 30%
Didn't even catch the "fighters they've trained up" bit, but that's probably the two you mentioned.
I think Pink Gold Peach was actually in development as a character, but issues in the 3DS version on the Golden Plains stage where she would get both a metal box and 100 coins caused the cartridge to melt, so they cut her out. 3DS version sucks.
The Tower of Smash leak was debunked as soon as the Gamer stage was revealed. I don't know why people gave credence to this leak in the first place.
Hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom