• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't let Peach having all luxury she want. (Don't blame me because I found this picture by googling Princess Peach in Jail)
Seems like a search that would net some weird results.
I have. It's a bunch of blocks stacked up from the void below in a rectangular formation (meaning it's one of the FDs without an underside).
Is there a major difference between Final Destination forms with an underside and those without? I don't think going under Final Destination was too common.

Zubz

Banned
More like Heath understands who the superior princess is. Rosalina 4 lyfe.

Do we really want this to turn into another Princess argument?

Besides, we all know deep down that Daisy's the best Princess. None of y'all just want to admit it. Also, Rosalina's more Goddess than Princess.

Is there a major difference between Final Destination forms with an underside and those without? I don't think going under Final Destination was too common.
Well, it seemed to happen often enough for people to complain about how Brawl's FD's underside didn't properly funnel you out to the edge whereas Melee's did, so

Besides, we all know deep down that Daisy's the best Princess. None of y'all just want to admit it. Also, Rosalina's more Goddess than Princess.
She might be. I don't know where she stands on the "royalty scale" - Goddess (like Palutena), a Queen, or a Princess (like Peach, Zelda, Lucina,
and female Robin
).
Her role at the end of Super Mario Galaxy seems to indicate god-status.

EDIT: Can Samus be considered a princess? GameInformer put her on a list of the most kickass princesses, and explained that she was the last survivor of the Chozo, so she's kind of royalty.
So Bowser and Ganondorf are both Kings, but what about Marth? I've seen him referred to as a Prince and a King. Bowser Jr.
and male Robin
are also Princes.
#SakuraiBias for royalty.
Where does Villager stand if we go by New Leaf lore? He's Mayor, but he wasn't elected. Dictator?

Well, it seemed to happen often enough for people to complain about how Brawl's FD's underside didn't properly funnel you out to the edge whereas Melee's did, so
Why is that? To me, it's always just been a flat patch of land.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
bgCFFut.gif

Why is that? To me, it's always just been a flat patch of land.
I presume it's because competitive players like to jump off said flat patch of land to make sure the opponent they just knocked off the flat patch of land stays off the flat patch of land, and as such are more likely to need to recover up to the edge from down below it.

Personally, I'm nowhere near confident enough in my ability to land attacks out there and still recover to regularly attempt this, so it'd never bothered me personally, but hey, you'd asked.

She might be. I don't know where she stands on the "royalty scale" - Goddess (like Palutena), a Queen, or a Princess (like Peach, Zelda, Lucina,
and female Robin
).

EDIT: Can Samus be considered a princess? GameInformer put her on a list of the most kickass princesses, and explained that she was the last survivor of the Chozo, so she's kind of royalty.

Sounds like Nintendo labels the majority of their female characters as some sort of royalty. They should dig outside that realm, honestly.

I'm curious to see what kind of Omega Forms the Pilot Wings stage, the Pac Land stage, and the Great Fox stage will have. Wii U Omega Forms seem to be a bit more creative than the 3DS version, but I don't know if that's going to be completely consistent. I'm hoping you still fight on a plane in the Pilot Wings stage instead of a floating platform - but floating platform is exactly what I expect for the Great Fox stage.

Sounds like Nintendo labels the majority of their female characters as some sort of royalty. They should dig outside that realm, honestly.

Well let's see... we have Isabelle, Samus... Wii Fit Trainer... I'm out.

I'm curious to see what kind of Omega Forms the Pilot Wings stage, the Pac Land stage, and the Great Fox stage will have. Wii U Omega Forms seem to be a bit more creative than the 3DS version, but I don't know if that's going to be completely consistent. I'm hoping you still fight on a plane in the Pilot Wings stage instead of a floating platform - but floating platform is exactly what I expect for the Great Fox stage.

Uhhh.... Toadette, Pauline (???) Dixie Kong. And all the other creepy female Kong characters, I guess.

solomon

yooo damn Leffen has been blasting smash 4 for a good hour now. This melee community vs the rest of the smash communities (pm, Brawl and smash4) is crazy. Lets be real though at the end of the day Evo gets the ok on what smash gets in from Nintendo, we all know they are going to push smash 4.

Edit: Honestly smash 4 looks fine, its fun to play and for the most part good to watch. As shofu and his crew keep saying a lot of people just have BNF syndrome with the game on 3ds and once the wii u one comes out I think were gunna be fine.

yooo damn Leffen has been blasting smash 4 for a good hour now. This melee community vs the rest of the smash communities (pm, Brawl and smash4) is crazy. Lets be real though at the end of the day Evo gets the ok on what smash gets in from Nintendo, we all know they are going to push smash 4.

Leffen would blast anything, he probably rants about Melee every time he loses :p

You can't blame Heath for the subliminal messages Neorice sneaks into his sprites.

D1 had something to say about this Melee vs. Smash 4 community infighting

Zubz

Banned
Well, I was trying to find Princess being in a jail cell in Nintendo Power Comic but no available tho.

Oh man, I loved that comic! Nintendo should rerelease that baby someday. That, and the Zelda, Star Fox, and Metroid ones.

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

They might just be generic platforms with those areas in the backgrounds. Like a floating Heli-Pad, a giant log like from the cliff area of Pac-Land, and another completely generic platform ala Corneria.

And non-Princesses? On top of the ever-debated Dixie and the female Mewtwo from the new movies, we have Mona, Captain Syrup, Ashley, Dark Samus, a ton of Fire Emblem minions, Nikki (RIP)... We'd have a lot more if Nintendo still owned Rare, though.

Nintendo should seriously use Mona (and the rest of the Warioware cast) more, really.

Thank you. It still irks me that there's mopeds in Mario Kart and Mona still hasn't shown up with her scooter. Jimmy T. and her should be both there and here in Smash (Jimmy at least cameos in the WarioWare stage, though). Same with Wario Land; where's Captain Syrup these days?

Yo... What does Shulk say in his reveal trailer right before his name is displayed diagonally? Is he speaking in English? This public computer I'm on isn't outputting sound. :|

Yo... What does Shulk say in his reveal trailer right before his name is displayed diagonally? Is he speaking in English? This public computer I'm on isn't outputting sound. :|
Jumping Bowser: "BACK SLASH!"
Posing for his title card: "I'm really feeling it!"
Holding up the Monado after fending off Link/Marth: "Now it's Shulk Time!"
Slashing Monado after choosing Art: "This is the Monado's power!"

And a whole bunch of clips in-game but whatever

I'd love to have the WarioWare cast expanded upon, but I'd never dream of them being playable in Smash.

Can we please have more than four WarioWare trophies though? lol

Haha he just went from this is the worse smash game to I'm just doing heavy criticism and will still play the game, the Nintendo Ninjas are at his house.

his twitter

wooooooooooooooooow

Veeboy

I'm willing to accept Daisy as the superior Mario princess under those conditions.
and female Robin
).

So Bowser and Ganondorf are both Kings, but what about Marth? I've seen him referred to as a Prince and a King. Bowser Jr.
and male Robin
are also Princes.
#SakuraiBias for royalty.
Where does Villager stand if we go by New Leaf lore? He's Mayor, but he wasn't elected. Dictator?.

Unless we're extending the princess debate to other Nintendo realms in which case Lucina is best official Princess.
Samus is best character princess or otherwise.

Uhhh.... Toadette, Pauline (???) Dixie Kong. And all the other creepy female Kong characters, I guess.
Dixie ain't creepy.

Now, Candy on the other hand...
Thank you. It still irks me that there's mopeds in Mario Kart and Mona still hasn't shown up with her scooter. Jimmy T. and her should be both there and here in Smash (Jimmy at least cameos in the WarioWare stage, though). Same with Wario Land; where's Captain Syrup these days?
I just wish Nintendo would open up Mario Kart to include the Mario RPG spinoffs and other spinoffs. Queen Bean, Fawful, E-Gadd, and so many more are just waiting for their chance to be put on blast by a poorly timed blue shell.

I'd love to have the WarioWare cast expanded upon, but I'd never dream of them being playable in Smash.

Can we please have more than four WarioWare trophies though? lol

I could see there being more in the Wii U version. It depends on how they handle 5Volt's trophy - is she going to be a 3D model, or a 2D trophy like Paper Mario? If it is the latter, they could easily bring in every character from Game & Wario.

Fiktion

Banned
dude, where in the flying duck is this ignorance?

mk8 has also some dlc. what is wrong with you?

Read the post he was responding to. It's pretty ignorant.

Mario Kart 8 does not have DLC locked on the disk. I doubt very much that Hyrule Warriors does either. Smash also does not, we know because we've already dumped the ROM.

I never thought of Samus as a princess based on her relationship with the Chozo. Interesting idea.

Does it really matter if the DLC is on the disc or not? The only real difference is a few gigs you'd have to end up downloading.
I only feel DLC is legit when it is completed after the main game is finished. It makes a difference to me.

That said, this game has me held down like MvC3 did, and I will buy whatever they throw out there content-wise.

Fiktion

Banned
Does it really matter if the DLC is on the disc or not? The only real difference is a few gigs you'd have to end up downloading.

The difference is whether they cut out chunks of the main game to lock behind a pay wall, or whether the content was developed after release, on a budget that would not exist without DLC sales.

It matters to a lot of people, including me. I'm glad that Nintendo has so far stuck to "good" DLC.

so I listened to this at least fifteen times this morning and while looking for the link I'm listening to it again.

the wait for smash 4 has driven me to madness

OCkYSnp.gif

I see. Hopefully you wouldn't rage-quit when you had to face those dogs online. At least, you already have a punching bag to beat up now.

Missed this last night, nah I don't rage quit at least not during the middle of a match. I probably won't use duck hunt as a punching bag more of a suicide fodder for unlocking all the characters quickly

Richie

Outside of those, who else? There's dozens of female characters in the Fire Emblem series who have no royalty attached to them whatsoever, there's Ashley Robbins from Another Code, there's the female Warioware cast, Captain Syrup, Jodie Summers, Jill from Drill Drozer, Dixie Kong, Paula from Earthbound...Too many to mention.

Read the post he was responding to. It's pretty ignorant.

Mario Kart 8 does not have DLC locked on the disk. I doubt very much that Hyrule Warriors does either. Smash also does not, we know because we've already dumped the ROM.
You realize that the guy you replied to and the guy from the original post are one and the same, right?

Anyway, the upcoming DLC for Hyrule Warriors probably isn't on the disc. The only DLC we know is on the disc is the alternate costumes for Link/Zelda/Ganondorf.
I only feel DLC is legit when it is completed after the main game is finished. It makes a difference to me.
The difference is whether they cut out chunks of the main game to lock behind a pay wall, or whether the content was developed after release, on a budget that would not exist without DLC sales.
Exactly. I like DLC when the developers have finished their job and thought "we can do more." That's what happened with Pikmin 3 and probably Mario Kart 8 as well.
It's frustrating when content was created alongside the main game but was intentionally sectioned off to be sold at launch.

Hey Nintendo, easy money (DLC idea):
Make Isabelle a playable clone of Villager.
Isabelle is hugely popular and already headlining MK8 DLC. People will pay to play as her in Smash.
That doesn't really fit Isabelle though, she seems like such a stickler for the rules. Cheering on the sidelines and helping people out is perfect for her.

Villager on the other hand, is one shady guy (or at least my Villager is). I can't tell you how many Bells I've made in the illegal exotic animal and fossil trade.

Fiktion

Banned
Hey Nintendo, easy money (DLC idea):

Make Isabelle a playable clone of Villager.

Make Digby an Assist Trophy clone of Isabelle's Assist Trophy.

When Isabelle is in play, the Isabelle AT does not appear. Digby does instead.

Isabelle is hugely popular and already headlining MK8 DLC. People will pay to play as her in Smash.

I would rather have Miu from Fatal Frame V.

FFV_Image_19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom