• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, we don't know if being just a trophy rules someone out as DLC.
I was just pointing out the broken logic.
"No Ridley trophy = all four characters being in"

Snake is more than likely DLC.
That's the true discussion we should have every day.

I'm still holding out hope for Ice Climbers. I know they've kind of been officially confirmed dead, but I don't think they should be completely counted out.
I wish Nintendo would break the parity rule, at the very least for DLC. I would put ideals aside to pay for Ice Climbers on Wii U.

Neoxon

I was just pointing out the broken logic.
"No Ridley trophy = all four characters being in"

I'm still holding out hope for Ice Climbers. I know they've kind of been officially confirmed dead, but I don't think they should be completely counted out.
I wish Nintendo would break the parity rule, at the very least for DLC. I would put ideals aside to pay for Ice Climbers on Wii U.
What's wrong with paid character DLC? Plus I don't think Sakurai will break the parity rule, as we know that custom moves transfer between versions.

What's wrong with paid character DLC? Plus I don't think Sakurai will break the parity rule, as we know that custom moves transfer between versions.

I was talking in terms of Ice Climbers specifically, as we know they worked in the Wii U version. Cutting content to be sold later is my issue here, but I would put that aside to complete the roster.

Neoxon

I was talking in terms of Ice Climbers specifically, as we know they worked in the Wii U version. Cutting content to be sold later is my issue here, but I would put that aside to complete the roster.
But yeah, Sakurai made a big deal about the roster for both games being the game when promoting them. I can see characters on the Wii U version that can be transferred to the 3DS or DLC for both versions, but at this point, I don't think characters that are only on the Wii U & can't be transferred will happen. :-(

Neiteio

Thanks for the album. I got what's most important ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kJUUa0N.jpg

SgVAf1S.jpg
These look like they were poorly cut from their source material -- you can see an uneven black outline all around her. Is anyone here skilled enough in Photoshop to fix that outline so it's not there?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Metal Face as DLC?

Seems...unlikely, I mean, he's huge, and even in Smash they let you know he's huge. Not that I wouldn't want to play as a huge mecha.

But yeah, Sakurai made a big deal about the roster for both games being the game when promoting the game. I can see characters on the Wii U version that can be transferred to the 3DS or DLC for both versions, but at this point, I don't think characters that are only on the Wii U & can't be transferred will happen. :-(

I don't think it's likely at all, but that's why I said I wish it would happen.
I honestly don't think DLC characters will happen at all, or at least paid ones. But that's not something I'm confident about.

If, somehow, they said something along the lines of "we kept our promise, base rosters are the same, now Wii U owners can pay extra for Ice Climbers DLC," I would absolutely go for it.

Metal Face as DLC?

Seems...unlikely, I mean, he's huge, and even in Smash they let you know he's huge. Not that I wouldn't want to play as a huge mecha.

How big is Metal Face?

Now that I think about it, seeing characters like Ridley, Metal Face, or Chorus Kids in competitive play would be interesting.

Watch Da Birdie

How big is Metal Face?

Now that I think about it, seeing characters like Ridley, Metal Face, or Chorus Kids in competitive play would be interesting.

Metal Face is an enormous mecha. You can tell how big he is at the end of Shulks' trailer. He dwarfs Ridley easily, but then again his body-shape is a bit easier to shrink imo.

Without going into too much spoiler territory, I don't think he'd really fit into Smash, flavor wise. If we ever got a Xenoblade DLC character, I'd rather it be on the playable characters, like Melia. She'd have a really fun play style I imagine like she does in Xenoblade.

Watch Da Birdie

Point is, I'd kill for a Mecha Character. Mega and Samus I guess are sort of close...

It's why one of my most requested characters for Smash 4 was Genesect. He would've been amazing, and was fairly prominent right before Smash 4 began the roster picks back in 2012 with a central role in a movie and through a giveaway.

Sadly, XY coming out so soon ruined that, as was his Movie being more about Mewtwo in the end (and even Mewtwo seemingly was passed over...well, maybe), and I doubt he'll ever rise to prominence again.

Atleast he's a PokeBall, though. That's nice.

Mariolee

Tell you what. If someone can provide me with a screenshot of a giant black Falco next to a blue Toon Link, and it looks good when adjusted to 100x120 pixels, I will use it as my avatar in case the Tower of Smash leak ends up being true.

How long will I keep it? I think one week for every post I've made calling the leak fake should be good enough. I'm only counting ones where I explicitly said the leak was fake, or that there was no reason to believe it.
So that's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 weeks total, or eighty-four days. Might as well bump it up to thirteen weeks to make it a full ninety-one days (or three months) so here: the leak is fake.
My punishment would last from November 21 - February 20 (assuming that this is the actual release date for the Wii U version).

But if it does end up being wrong, I'll already have used up all of my cockiness about it being wrong. If I make some sort of snarky remark gloating about me being right after it's been deconfirmed, I'll have to use that same avatar for the ninety-one days anyway.

Sound good?

Anything I talk about regarding the leak that's not related to this post will be added to the total amount of time by two weeks.
Feel free to take some artistic licensing with the 3DS screencap, as long as it includes blue Toon Link and a giant black Falco.

Lol no. What a lame avatar bet. How about I MAKE you an avatar if you lose, and whatever it is you have to wear it for those twelve weeks. If I'm wrong about Tower of Smash you can change my avatar to whatever you want as well in addition to any losses in the avatar betting going on in the Korra thread.

Lol no. What a lame avatar bet. How about I MAKE you an avatar if you lose, and whatever it is you have to wear it for those twelve weeks. If I'm wrong about Tower of Smash you can change my avatar to whatever you want as well in addition to any losses in the avatar betting going on in the Korra thread.

Are you actually going to bet on this?
Sure, I'll take it. Three months/thirteen weeks for the both of us if we lose?

Mariolee

Oh shit, I think I made another Tower of Smash avatar bet before too when Game & Wario waa announced. I can't hold all these avatar bets.

Yeah. Should be fun.

Alright then. It's a deal.

What are your conditions for winning/losing?

I'll consider it a loss for me if one of the following conditions are met:
-Tower of Smash is confirmed as an actual game mode
-All fifty five stages are confirmed
-All five characters are confirmed as transfer characters

Assuming this guy did have some kind of information (or early information at the very least), one of those should be right.
I only need one to be right to lose.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah yes, the moment a new Smash Bros comes out we must start work on the dream rosters for the next Smash Bros games!

Veeboy

Off topic, but how is Korra? I stopped watching after season 1 just because I didn't have time. I'm considering picking them up on Itunes now though.
Done. Put me in, coach.
Claus & Lucas? The optimism is strong in this one.
I like it.
Hey, do you have Photoshop? Can you do me a solid and clean up the edges in those Zero Suit renders I posted above?

Those things are really bothering you, huh?

Hey, do you have Photoshop? Can you do me a solid and clean up the edges in those Zero Suit renders I posted above?
I'm not that good with Photoshop (the image I did didn't take much effort) and removing the blue from those renders looks finicky as shit. Sorry.

Claus? Not Porky?

Other than that, it's poifect.
I had actually considered Pokey (with the Heavily Armed mech instead of Mother 3's) but bringing Lucas back with Claus in tow would probably make people happier.

Maybe DLC or something.

Neiteio

It is the one of the most telegraphed "spoilers" in video game history, but fine I guess.
Please edit it out. It may not be as obvious as you think. Mainly because
that character first appears only briefly in the prologue, so you don't think much of him at the time.

I never noticed that Sonic's bracelets were actually different models rather than recolors, neat. I know the Crystal Ring, the ones based on Silver's bracelets (that aren't paired with the Silver color for some reason) and the purple one that looks like a Chaos Emerald, but are any of the others based on anything?

Disappointing, to say the least.
We still have no good substitute for the codec calls, not even with Doc Louis or the Kid Icarus cast.

Snake's codecs were, in total, approximately 30 minutes worth of audio. I wouldn't throw out the possibility of their equivalent being exclusive to the Wii U version as a space-saving measure for the 3DS version.

jnWake

Pac-Man's alts are terrible. I mean, it does look kind of funny to have Pac-Man wear protective gear for fighting (or cooking gloves...) but I wonder if they are easy to tell apart in battle.

watershed

Banned
Really interesting to hear these pros comment on how the competitive game is evolving. So far Smash4 sounds a lot better in competition than a lot of the naysayers were saying pre-release.

Zubz

Banned
I never noticed that Sonic's bracelets were actually different models rather than recolors, neat. I know the Crystal Ring, the ones based on Silver's bracelets (that aren't paired with the Silver color for some reason) and the purple one that looks like a Chaos Emerald, but are any of the others based on anything?

Snake's codecs were, in total, approximately 30 minutes worth of audio. I wouldn't throw out the possibility of their equivalent being exclusive to the Wii U version as a space-saving measure for the 3DS version.

None are coming to mind, but I'm pretty sure that none of them are based on the Bounce Bracelet, so there's one opportunity gone.

And yeah; with how big the 3DS version is on a system being pushed to its limits, the Codecs are a worthy sacrifice if they're back in the Wii U version. Sadly, I don't know if Doc Louis'll get anything there, but it's looking like at least Fire Emblem will; Matt Mercer mentioned doing clips of Chrom getting pissy that he wasn't playable. Granted, he referred to a "story mode," too, but it sounded like it was something more than just the stinger at the end of Captain Falcon & Friends' trailer. I'm hoping for Kid Icarus to get some too, though; Uprising had an interesting cast of characters, some barely getting expanded upon. Hell, Magnus has multi-sentence voice clips despite being an AT, so it might make sense if both of them got something. I can see Coliseum, Orbital Gate, and Palutena's Temple having those taunts.

The real question is: what happens to the original Codecs in regards to newcomers if Snake/Shadow Moses Island come back? Do the newcomers have codecs, too? Does Snake just get Static? Does Colonel tell him that their info's outdated and that having an outdated level doesn't make him any less of a person? I know that requires 2 pieces of DLC to become reality, but they're ones a lot of people want!

Yeah, Viridi and Chrom's presence in trailers to read one new line each (ok, well, and some stuff for Robin's FS in the case of the latter, but they could've just grabbed clips from the original game like they did with the Xenoblade characters) seems a bit suspect to me. It'd certainly be strange if their VAs were brought to the recording booth for that alone, though I don't want to get burned by being too optimistic.

edit: Admittedly, I just remembered that Viridi's Japanese VA is also Kirby and Ness's, but still. Her inclusion in the trailer was a bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom