• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat Cap amiibo

amiibo016.jpg

I can't stop looking at this amiibo. IT'S SO GOOD

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It is nice to have confirmation that indeed the left-over Smash Run music is used in the Wii U version as stage music. Although I am curious does this mean we will finally get a Tetris stage? *prays to lord Sakurai*
Well technically we already knew this as the Music Test update told us they chucked over some Wii U songs to pad out the Smash Run music selection.

Tetris Type A is likely a hint that Luigi's Mansion from Brawl is making a return.

Son Of D

Is Brawl Final Destination (music) confirmed yet? It's my favorite Final D song.

I won't be surprised if it's an option for Wii U's Final Destination. Or a re-arrangement of it at least.

Also hoping for the Smash 64 Master Hand theme to appear in some fashion.

emb

Still I see the bundle being available at other retailers and if not they should still at least be having both the controllers and adapters solo.
I don't think it'll be too tough to find, or at least I'm hoping. I definitely want the bundle though, and I want it on day 1. That might not prove to work out.

look at noa referring to good egg galaxy by its japanese name and the lame skyward sword theme taking up precious space

The Metroid Title Screen sounds pretty cool.

Oooh, I really like Battle 1 from Gaiden! Although, we're all more familiar with it being the Arena theme from Sacred Stones. It's a perfect fit for Coliseum, couldn't see them doing this level without it!

I recall Masked Man mentioning it was announced as an arrangement during the Press Start Concert in Japan, although I can't remember the name of the arranger...?

*initiates Masked Man signal*

Lunar15

look at noa referring to good egg galaxy by its japanese name and the lame skyward sword theme taking up precious space

The Metroid Title Screen sounds pretty cool.

I recall Masked Man mentioning it was announced as an arrangement during the Press Start Concert in Japan, although I can't remember the name of the arranger...?

Shit I need to know about this.

Also, I'm 2 for 2 when it comes to predicting music for the Coliseum stage.

EDIT: Oh come on you can't hate the music of SS too. That's just irrational.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Looks like the Smash Wii U + GC Controller and Adapter bundle is exclusive to EB Games. (In Canada at least.)

Shit I need to know about this.

Also, I'm 2 for 2 when it comes to predicting music for the Coliseum stage.

Just found the post: Michiru Yamane. Only thing I've ever heard from her was Elebits, which...I don't think she'll be channeling for this arrangement lmao

I'm personally pulling for Conquest/Divine Decree. I'd like to see a Black Knight arrangement or something too.

EDIT: Oh come on you can't hate the music of SS too. That's just irrational.

if they balance it out with that awesome flying theme or one of the boss themes all will be forgiven

It was Michiru Yamane arranging the track if I recall, it's going to have those Vania vibes now and it'll be great.

Oh, you just did your research, well this is awkward.

Lunar15

Just found the post: Michiru Yamane. Only thing I've ever heard from her was Elebits, which...I don't think she'll be channeling for this arrangement lmao

I'm personally pulling for Conquest/Divine Decree. I'd like to see a Black Knight arrangement or something too.

I'll cry if Coliseum doesn't get any FE:A songs. Also, yeah, I'd like for one of the Radiant songs to get a remix. It seems we just tend to get the original song and that's it.

Also, yeah she does a lot of the stuff for Castlevania, particularly Symphony of the Night. I'm ALL for that. I foresee harpsichords!

Holy shit Gear Getaway is on the WiiU disc.

If we get a new factory-based DK level on WiiU I would probably die from happiness :D
Either Jungle Japes is shared between games or the song is shared between different levels.
I really hope is the latter because I want an original level

Drago

Either Jungle Japes is shared between games or the song is shared between different levels.
I really hope is the later because I want an original level
I want an original level that doesn't take place in a jungle-like setting! Factory is one of my favorite stage themes from the DKC games so I'd be super thrilled to get a Smash stage based on them. Gear Getaway getting a rearrangement and being on the WiiU disc gives me hope that such a thing is happening.

Holy shit Gear Getaway is on the WiiU disc.

If we get a new factory-based DK level on WiiU I would probably die from happiness :D
Handy Hazards or Switcheroo could lead to some interesting stage set ups, or completely unplayable, hmmm.

I'll cry if Coliseum doesn't get any FE:A songs. Also, yeah, I'd like for one of the Radiant songs to get a remix. It seems we just tend to get the original song and that's it.

Also, yeah she does a lot of the stuff for Castlevania. I'm ALL for that.

I'm all for Bearer of Hope when it comes to Radiant Dawn.

I was bored and looked at the CD offer.
Red is the 3DS version and Blue is the Wii U version.
Blue disc has The Great Cave Offensive as a song listed.
So yeah Sakurai show us more pictures of the Great Cave Offensive level!
Wow, that's pretty damn neat.
Wait a second!
Is that... Gear Getaway listed for the Wii U version? Donkey Kong Country Returns stage confirm?

Any returning songs listed? I would much rather Brawl's Pikmin 2 world map theme was in than than the new one. Or we could have both.
How will the Wii U soundtrack fit inside one disc? Brawl's one was huge.
It won't, just the "best of" I think.

Anybody get the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition thing from Mario's 25th anniversary? Man, that music selection sucked. Ten normal songs, and ten sound effects. Nothing original either.
Overall, a completely half-assed anniversary for the largest figure in gaming. And people complain about Metroid's anniversary being ignored...
Kirby's Dream Collection kicks ass though.

Kinsei

Banned
Wow, that's pretty damn neat.
Wait a second!
Is that... Gear Getaway listed for the Wii U version? Donkey Kong Country Returns stage confirm?

Gear Getaway is in the 3DS version as well. Although it is very likely that we're getting a Returns or Tropical Freeze stage, the song doesn't prove anything.

Drago

Gear Getaway is in the 3DS version as well. Although it is very likely that we're getting a Returns or Tropical Freeze stage, the song doesn't prove anything.
It being on the WiiU disc and not the 3DS one is probably very strong evidence towards there being a new WiiU stage that uses that song as it's main theme though. Expected but it makes me happy either way. :)

if those cds don't have both of the mother songs in the 3ds version......things will be hurt.......

Magicant has gotta be on the 3DS CD. It's gotta be. It's too amazing not to be! :(

Factory level? How about Foggy Fumes? Mr. Game & Watch is already waiting there.
I need a silhouette level.
Well I noted it because they specifically listed it among the Wii U tracks. Why would they take a 3DS stage song and advertise it with the Wii U songs if it wasn't part of a stage?

Magicant has gotta be on the 3DS CD. It's gotta be. It's too amazing not to be! :(

I know, man. It's my lullaby every night now. :(

Really hoping for a better arrangement of Revenge of Metaknight.
For some reason, the one in Brawl sounded... Off.

I've never been able to make peace with that arrangement.

On one hand...as a standalone arrangement, it's a really fun jazzy take on the medley, but I could never stand it as representating such a badass looking level and for being the song's introductory arrangement into the series. It's funny because Sakurai even mentioned the same thing on the Dojo.

After going with the "serious touch" of the Halberd for the Kirby stage, I’m now thinking that maybe this overly peppy song is a little incongruous...

JCX

The lack of a console bundle is disturbing.

For real Nintendo?

Are console bundles that give a brand new game for free common? Seems dumb on Nintendo's part to give away Smash 4 for free to people who were going to buy a Wii U for it anyway. Always thought those types of bundles were made to either sell special edition consoles or gives the game's sales a second wind.

-PXG-

Are console bundles that give a brand new game for free common? Seems dumb on Nintendo's part to give away Smash 4 for free to people who were going to buy a Wii U for it anyway. Always thought those types of bundles were made to either sell special edition consoles or gives the game's sales a second wind.

Titanfall, Mario Kart 8, Destiny, FIFA 15, Sunset Overdrive, Advanced Warfare are all games that had/ have day one console bundles THIS year alone. That's just from the top of my head too.

Edit

Oh, you said for free? Well, that I would have to look into. I'm just saying they need to do some kind of bundle. They have done it before for other Wii U games. Smash seems like a no brained.

Vylash

Free? You just get a 10-20 dollar discount and maybe a special console or something, it's not free

Timeaisis

I was bored and looked at the CD offer.
Red is the 3DS version and Blue is the Wii U version.
Blue disc has The Great Cave Offensive as a song listed.
So yeah Sakurai show us more pictures of the Great Cave Offensive level!

Wow, I cannot believe no one noticed that before! Haha. It was there all along!

georly

So if i magically got smash a couple days early... and then got a wizard to conjure up livestreaming for it... would anyone watch?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Any new arrangements of the original Super Mario Bros. theme or Legend of Zelda theme? The world certainly needs more of those.

/s
Hey, at least they didn't force Koji Kondo to arrange the Super Mario Bros theme again. Hopefully they've let him do something he wishes to do if they've got him on board.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hello I am BGBW a very well known and respected member in the SmashGAF community and a member of the Real Men Use Items team. I am responsible for being right about everything and had a guess at the whole final roster for Super Smash Brothers.

I have new info here.

* The announcer will scream Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U on the title screen. I met the voice actor in a bar and buttered him up with drinks and he told me this. Apparently he holds the U for 2 minutes.
* 60 characters were planned for DLC but they were thrown in the bin after Sakurai noticed none of them were from Kid Icarus.
* All the custom stages that were shared over the Brawl Distribution Service will be returning as DLC.
* Yellow Devil proved so popular with development staff he has been added to every stage in the Wii U version, including all the Omega forms of stages as well. He will also appear during the fights against Master Hand and Crazy Hand.
I trust you, senpai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom