• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wow, I can't believe the Wii U Version's really coming out only a month and a half away...I mean, yeah, we've heard the November 21st date so many times, but to see it finally confirmed feels...weird.

I wonder when we're gonna have a legit information leak, with pictures? Since it's coming out in the US first, I bet we'll have the actual game leak quicker than the 3DS Version did. I'm calling the 17th at the latest we'll have someone with an early copy.

Although I guess the only BIG thing really left, assuming the 3DS-Wii U connection is false, is the Stages...but still, I fucking wanna see Great Cave Offensive.

Son Of D

It'll be interesting to see what PotD we get after the NA release, since we'll have 2 weeks between NA and EU/JPN release so I wonder if it'll be showing Wii U exclusive secrets or just random pictures of Villager pocketing PK Thunder.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I saw a good point mentioned the other day...

Out of all the "Veteran" Trophies in 3DS, only Pokemon Trainer mentions their prior Smash history. Everyone else oddly ignores it. And naturally, the Pokemon Trainer's the only one I can't see returning via DLC, since Charizard is his own. Squirtle and Ivysaur don't mention them being in Smash, naturally, so they'll probably be back as separate DLC possibly, but I found it interesting.

Just saw the CN CD update.

Really happy that I don't have to buy it quite at launch to get it. Money is limited and between wanting the amiibos, (just for collecting, don't care for what they do ingame all that much lol) wanting a couple other games, and MK8 DLC its nice that I can wait on it till January.

Can't believe Wave 2 of amiibos launch so soon! :O Need to priortize which ones I want more,was going to get Mario, Link, Samus, and Yoshi as my top 4 picks, but I like Luigi more than Mario so I guess I'll drop Mario for the moment. I want to catch em all over the course of a few years, but need to get my favorite characters first. Might pass on Link and wait on Toon Link. Wanna hold out for a female Villager but I don't think thats likely at this point.

I guess its good news that the Waves will launch more quickly. I'd thought they would spread them out every 3-6 months heh. Just hope they don't go out've sock on amazon within a couple years as I try to collect them all. But with so many characters + amiibos for other games, they can't possibly keep all of them in stock. Gotta choose carefully...

Drago

Do any of you guys think all 48 of the Smash Bros amiibos will still be available about 6 months - a year after launch?

I'll probably top off at maybe 25 amiibos or so, if I even go that high (there are quite a few I definitely want), and I figure if I got one amiibo a week (or one every two weeks) then I'd probably be able to get everything I want without breaking the bank all at once. Kinda worried some of these characters will only be around for a really short time though (especially unknown characters like Shulk).

Really cannot see 48 different amiibos being stocked at a time, especially when you factor in things like Skylanders, Disney Infinity and even amiibos for other Nintendo games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Do any of you guys think all 48 of the Smash Bros amiibos will still be available about 6 months - a year after launch?

I'll probably top off at maybe 25 amiibos or so, if I even go that high (there are quite a few I definitely want), and I figure if I got one amiibo a week (or one every two weeks) then I'd probably be able to get everything I want without breaking the bank all at once. Kinda worried some of these characters will only be around for a really short time though (especially unknown characters like Shulk).

Really cannot see 48 different amiibos being stocked at a time, especially when you factor in things like Skylanders, Disney Infinity and even amiibos for other Nintendo games.

I could see that we might get a wave per month at steady pace.

Kjellson

How many trophies do you think the Wii U version have? The 3DS one has about 600 so I'll think we have at least 1000 trophies to collect!

amiibos are oddly inconsistent.

Sometimes we have stuff like this:
eJWSPHQ.png

And then we have stuff like this:

Hoping Olimar and Toon Link are more like the latter.

Speaking of amiibo, I have two questions:
Will we get amiibos for Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac Man?
And what will we get for a Robin amiibo? Robin's listing on the website shows the male/female versions together.

Also: I'm really glad I never bought a Wii U Pro controller.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
amiibos are oddly inconsistent.

Sometimes we have stuff like this:

And then we have stuff like this:

Hoping Olimar and Toon Link are more like the latter.

Speaking of amiibo, I have two questions:
Will we get amiibos for Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac Man?
And what will we get for a Robin amiibo? Robin's listing on the website shows the male/female versions together.

Also: I'm really glad I never bought a Wii U Pro controller.

Images don't work. Assuming the first one is Marth though because that one is so bad looking.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Finally I am unbant!

Sorry for bein a dick, everybody, internet really brings that shit out in me. The vacation was actually quite revalatory for me, time and time again I would find myself incensed over some trivial crap in some thread and, impotent, leave without posting, finding my irritation immediately dispersed. Just... not posting is a hell of a thing.

I sure missed my subscribed threads and "last read post" links though.

Anyway, Smash Bros! Uh it's pretty neat huh. Somehow I've had immaculately lag-free matches with friends online, and horribly laggy ones at work using local wireless. I blame the wireless congestion in the office. Hopefully.

I wonder if I'm gonna lose all my hype for the Wu one by the time it comes out, burnt out on this 3bm one. I suppose only time will tell! Gonna be hyper-bummed if there are no really significantly different game modes at least.

Finally I am unbant!

Sorry for bein a dick, everybody, internet really brings that shit out in me. The vacation was actually quite revalatory for me, time and time again I would find myself incensed over some trivial crap in some thread and, impotent, and leave without posting, finding my irritation immediately dispersed. Just... not posting is a hell of a thing.

Anyway, Smash Bros! Uh it's pretty neat huh. Somehow I've had immaculately lag-free matches with friends online, and horribly laggy ones at work using local wireless. I blame the wireless congestion in the office. Hopefully.

I wonder if I'm gonna lose all my hype for the Wu one by the time it comes out, burnt out on this 3bm one. I suppose only time will tell! Gonna be hyper-bummed if there are no really significantly different game modes at least.

I have also found my past bans to be therapeutic. :)

solomon

Man November is looking like a wallet killer for me and I was set but college/life just hit me with the mix ups , luckily my cousin said he will split everything with me.

Violet_0

Banned
Villlager and DHD gotta be some of the worst designed SSB characters ever. DHD is nearly unapproachable all the while he's spamming projectiles, Villager can recover from every point on the screen, spams gyroid, his smash attacks can combo, seem to have almost no lag and hit like he was Bowser

It's great to have a release date already. Too bad ir's 4 days before my exams ;_;

By the by, I just noticed that, with Great Cave Offensive level confirmed, ALL Kirby stages in Smash Bros history have been based on Sakurai-directed Kirby games:

Green Greens stages - Kirby's Dream Land (aside from posterior games)
Fountain of Dreams- Kirby's Adventure
Halberd - Kirby Superstar
DreamLand GB - OBVIOUS
Great Cave Offensive - Kirby Superstar

The Sakurai bias is 2strong8me

I'm wondering what's going to take place in the Great Cave Offensive, since the image says that the stage will have "rules that are rare in the Smash Bros. series."

Of course it was November 21st all along. :p

Still, to have it 100% confirmed and appearing on the official site is both exciting as hell (given all the 2015 delay scares we've had over the past several months) and just plain bizarre. I can't believe it's finally coming.

As for the amiibo, the only one I'm getting out of the first (and probably second) wave is Kirby... maybe Yoshi too, but I'm undecided on that one. Waiting for the Mega Man, Sonic, and Palutena figures otherwise.

I still think it's weird that Wii Fit Trainer is considered enough of a "favorite Nintendo character" to be part of the first wave of figures. How is Wii Fit Trainer higher priority than Pit, Luigi, Bowser, and... well, almost anyone else in the roster? Not that I hate WFT, but she's hardly a classic Nintendo character...

Finally I am unbant!

Sorry for bein a dick, everybody, internet really brings that shit out in me. The vacation was actually quite revalatory for me, time and time again I would find myself incensed over some trivial crap in some thread and, impotent, leave without posting, finding my irritation immediately dispersed. Just... not posting is a hell of a thing.

Welcome back!
I life without subscriptions huh? how terrifying!

I do wonder if the Wii U version will feel a bit samey by the time it arrives having played the hell out of the 3DS version by the time it comes out, after all it should by all accounts play the same, I'm sure it will be the better version on the whole but yeah the impact will be lessened to a degree.

It's great to have a release date already. Too bad ir's 4 days before my exams ;_;

By the by, I just noticed that, with Great Cave Offensive level confirmed, ALL Kirby stages in Smash Bros history have been based on Sakurai-directed Kirby games:

Green Greens stages - Kirby's Dream Land (aside from posterior games)
Fountain of Dreams- Kirby's Adventure
Halberd - Kirby Superstar
DreamLand GB - OBVIOUS
Great Cave Offensive - Kirby Superstar

The Sakurai bias is 2strong8me
It is actually a bit of a shame that the many modern Kirby games are left in the lurch somewhat, I'd sooner see Epic Yarn, Return to Dreamland or even Canvas Curse get the push over yet more Superstar but who knows, there may be more Kirby stages to come.

Kinsei

Banned
It is actually a bit of a shame that the many modern Kirby games are left in the lurch somewhat, I'd sooner see Epic Yarn, Return to Dreamland or even Canvas Curse get the push over yet more Superstar but who knows, there may be more Kirby stages to come.

Same here, but at least they picked the most unique portion of Superstar this time.

Hopefully we get an Epic Yarn stage, and Prince Fluff as a character through DLC.

maaaaaaaan I really want to see an Epic Yarn stage, but with the GCO stage in the works...can't complain with that. I've always wanted the main theme in; can't believe I never put two and two together, haha.

I wonder if any EY songs could fit on that stage...?

Gleethor

maaaaaaaan I really want to see an Epic Yarn stage, but with the GCO stage in the works...can't complain with that. I've always wanted the main theme in; can't believe I never put two and two together, haha.

I wonder if any EY songs could fit on that stage...?

Considering all of the upbeat kirby songs they put on Halberd, I'm not sure that it matters.

That Kirby 64 boss theme, so good!
Personally I'd like to see a Kirby stage based upon Nutty Noon from Return to Dreamland myself.

Fitting Epic Yarn music? well I'd absolutely smash to Outer Rings.

Veeboy

As for the amiibo, the only one I'm getting out of the first (and probably second) wave is Kirby... maybe Yoshi too, but I'm undecided on that one. Waiting for the Mega Man, Sonic, and Palutena figures otherwise.

I still think it's weird that Wii Fit Trainer is considered enough of a "favorite Nintendo character" to be part of the first wave of figures. How is Wii Fit Trainer higher priority than Pit, Luigi, Bowser, and... well, almost anyone else in the roster? Not that I hate WFT, but she's hardly a classic Nintendo character...

The only thing I can think of for Wii Fit is that she was among the first newcomers revealed for the game (same as Villager), but that doesn't explain Megaman's absence so I dunno.

As for me I'll be picking up Samus and maybe Pikachu and maybe Peach (I don't even really like Peach all that much, but I love her render for this game for some reason) from the first wave. Afterwards I'll almost definitely get Rosalina, but I'm gonna hold off on too much more until I know more about how certain Amiibos work with other games.

ant1532

Banned
Like Subspace Emissary? No. Sakurai didn't want to do them this time because all of the Brawl cutscenes were uploaded online.

i could have sworn sakurai said there will still be viewable cutscenes( probably some of the ones we already seen) except they won't be part of a story, but selectable in the menus or some shit

Muzy72

Banned
Well ever since they reorganized the character layout on the Smash site. WFT is the 2nd newcomer on there after Villager, with Mega Man, Pac Man, and the Mii Fighters being shifted down to the bottom.

i could have sworn sakurai said there will still be viewable cutscenes( probably some of the ones we already seen) except they won't be part of a story, but selectable in the menus or some shit

I think he was referring to the newcomer trailers and that they'd be available for viewing right at the start though. I really do hope there's SOMETHING in the game like Story Mode that has yet to be announced, because right now it's looking pretty barebones.

I think he was referring to the newcomer trailers and that they'd be available for viewing right at the start though. I really do hope there's SOMETHING in the game like Story Mode that has yet to be announced, because right now it's looking pretty barebones.

Who knows, maybe we'll get menus about the new Adventure mode.

My dream is for two modes. One an adventure mode a la Melee with Smash Run they've shown they can get enemies from multiple series not just Mario. Smash Run is great but I've been through it over 30 times now and it's getting old.
It reminds me how Mad World was so repetitive because they wasn't a linear progression, just an arena. I would rather grind and series of levels with a beginning and end than the Smash Run map.

My other dream mode is a 4 vs. 1 boss mode where the Gamepad play can control bosses like Master Hand. You could move past the border above the players screen so they don't know where coming from and can use the touch screen to select targets to perform moves.

Yeah the trailers should be in the Wii version considering they have 25 GB to work with. An opening and ending move should be in too.

I'm only afraid that Nintendo would want the size lower so more people could download it without buying a hard drive. The three biggest Wii U games before this, NSMBU, 3D World and Mario Kart where all under 5 GB. This is a big title with probable DLC SO they probably don't want to push people to retail. My only hope is Sakurai has enough pull to fill up the game as much as he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom