• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People already forgetting how huge Gaur Plain look for Wii U version.

dc4qJ7z.jpg

I'm still unsure about 8 players Smash tho.

Hatchtag

Banned
Dream stages for 8 player Smash:
Hyrule Temple
New Pork City
Sector Z
Pokefloats

I think the Great Cave Offensive would also probably be a big stage.

Zubz

Banned
I can't be the only slightly bothered by the silent Olimar/Alph, right...?

Particularly Alph, since the crew was so chatty in Pikmin 3.

I always loved the way that words were inserted into their language:
"gibberishgibberish Pikmin gibberishgibberish Onion"

Olimar talks too.
In Pikmin 2 he was actually voiced by Totaka.

I guess this just highlights a whole bunch of voicing issues - Bowser doesn't get his distinct voice that he's had for quite some time.

I would like DLC that brings in eight more colors for Wario's biker and classic designs, Olimar and Alph, and male and female variants for Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Robin.

This bugged me, too. Like, Olimar barely vocalized, so it never bugged me too much he was mute; it would've been cool to hear every once in awhile, but it was something unnecessary. Alph, on the other hand... not only does the alt feel rushed, but he's so chatty in Pikmin 3, and Banjo-Kazooie gibberish it may be, he even had voice acting! It just feels wrong. Maybe they can add in sound options via DLC? I mean, I'd doubt it, but...

This video. Everything about this video. I'm really hoping it's all in the Wii U version, though I know it won't be and I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

King Hippo

Neo Member
Hey Smashgaf! So glad that I can finally post! Been lurking this place since the announcement of Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and have loved the discussion here, only hoping I could join in on some of it, and now I can.

And just so I get it over and done with,
#TeamRidley
Just patiently waiting until the moment he gets revealed for DLC.

Mariolee

Hey Smashgaf! So glad that I can finally post! Been lurking this place since the announcement of Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and have loved the discussion here, only hoping I could join in on some of it, and now I can.

#TeamRidley

Don't worry, I have a feeling tonight's pic will be big.

J@hranimo

Banned

#TeamRidley

Haha welcome! How're you liking the 3DS version?

#TeamRidley

Ho there, Brother!
Do you accept Ridley as our lord and savior?

random25

#TeamRidley

Welcome! Obligatory:

Don%27t_forget_you%27re_here_forever.jpg

Hey Pikma, where are you?

Don't forget:
Gamepad
Wii Remotes and classic controllers, nunchucks, etc.
3DSes can be used as a controller.
Basically, getting 8 controllers won't be a problem.

Posted in other thread:

Would have to be separate as Pro and Wii Remotes connect with Bluetoooth. I assume it's going to be like Monster Hunter where the 3DS connects to the Wii U through Wi-fi. That supported three 3DS's.

With Gamecube controllers, Bluetoooth controllers, Gamepad and 3DS there could be 12 controller inputs. In fact have somebody on a Classic and another on the Wii Remotes connected to it and you could have 16 simultaneous players.

I want someone to make a game that supports that now.

zlCfzShjqXk4HEEszk

Pic of the day. Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?

Neiteio

zlCfzShjqXk4HEEszk

Pic of the day. Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?
That looks great, but there are some repeat trophies (Wii Fit Trainer with the hoops, Rock Pikmin, etc). Hopefully there'll be lots of WiiU-exclusive trophies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Doesn't that rock Pikmin confirm that some trophies are shared across both versions. :/

Guess it was to be expected, but hopefully there is a good deal of unique trophies to collect.

Kangi

Missed opportunity to have the Smash icon on the boxes be the icon for the series the trophy is from.

I expect this to be swiftly changed prior to release, Sakurai.

The last time I was doing work late at the coffee shop I'm currently at, our PotD was the Trophy Shop for the 3DS version. I'm hoping for a PotD of similar hype levels tonight.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT THE TROPHY SHOP FOR THE WII U VERSON, WHAT A COINCIDENCE. :O Hype levels aren't quite as high, but it's still cool!

I've been using him agaisnt my friends who only play on FD stages.
Soon they'll learn.

This is a wonderful strategy for "those" friends (and we all have them). I might borrow this!

Doesn't that rock Pikmin confirm that some trophies are shared across both versions. :/

Guess it was to be expected, but hopefully there is a good deal of unique trophies to collect.
Wouldn't they have had to have a few shared trophies by default since every character is (probably) still going to have a classic trophy in Wii U?

I hope the 3DS connectivity includes transfering over trophy unlocks. Though Sakurai probably wants to make us work for it if the repetition of drops in Smash 3DS is anything to go by.

I asked permission to edit my avatar bet a bit because people didn't remember who I was. Plus, Neoxon has passed on to the nether dimension for now, so I must uphold the Chris Pratt in this thread.

Oh, I see.

zlCfzShjqXk4HEEszk

It's going to be sad when I collect all of the trophies, and have no reason to go back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom