• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
zlCfzShjqXk4HEEszk

Pic of the day. Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?
Beautiful :)

Triton55

Having overlap between the two game's trophy collections just makes sense. If anything, I'm glad that there seems to be a decent amount of exclusive ones.

AdanVC

zlCfzShjqXk4HEEszk

Pic of the day. Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?

Hnnnfgh this looks so good! It just needs a cute catchy mall song as a background and it'll be perfectow.

Hey Smashgaf! So glad that I can finally post! Been lurking this place since the announcement of Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and have loved the discussion here, only hoping I could join in on some of it, and now I can.

And just so I get it over and done with,
#TeamRidley
Just patiently waiting until the moment he gets revealed for DLC.

Welcomeeeee! :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wouldn't they have had to have a few shared trophies by default since every character is (probably) still going to have a classic trophy in Wii U?
You say that, but I know for a fact the Link trophy will look different because of his nose.

Pikma

Banned
I asked permission to edit my avatar bet a bit because people didn't remember who I was. Plus, Neoxon has passed on to the nether dimension for now, so I must uphold the Chris Pratt in this thread.

wait, what the hell happened to Neoxon? why was he banned?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also I think the trophy shop for wii u stocks 2 more than 3DS? iirc the 3DS shop has only 6 trophies to sell at a time.

Richie

Damned if that isn't purdy!

The prices are much more uniform and cheaper than in the 3DS version, too. I'm thinking it may be because the Wii U version has a monstrous amount of trophies!

Seriously, if Rayman is the only third-party trophy in this game, I'm going to get suspicious.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Bayonetta trophy there too.

Speaking of Platinum Games, they're not playable alright, but man, I'd kill for a Wonderful 101 stage. Just think of how chaotic and stupidly epic such a stage could be.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Bayonetta trophy there too.

Speaking of Platinum Games, they're not playable alright, but man, I'd kill for a Wonderful 101 stage. Just think of how chaotic and stupidly epic such a stage could be.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know anything about Wonderful 101 :\

Except for maybe Wonder Red's name.

Phil S.

Banned
Dark Pit is also up.

I love this pic!

mJQE8r5.jpg

Captain Falcon: Dr. Mario. He needs help! Fast!
Little Mac: Ughhhhhhh....
Dr. Mario with a smug look on his face: I would, but my pills are all too pretty for him. I mean, look at this magnificent capsule...

Oh hey, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit character pages! They look wonderful in HD, unsurprisingly.

Too bad no new stages were revealed in the new Wii U screenshots this time around, though. But we now know Blaziken shows up in the Kalos Pokémon League stage!

If we're getting them in pairs now, I'm guessing Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. will be next.

Richie

I'm sorry to say that I don't know anything about Wonderful 101 :\

Except for maybe Wonder Red's name.

Do you own a Wii U? You can find the game for pretty cheap nowadays (Amazon has it at $23 IIRC) and it's an absolute gem. I hadn't played any action game whatsoever previous to it and fell in love (hmm, does Madworld count? didn't play longer than the hour tho lol). Try the demo and see what it does for ya!

I appreciated his inclusion a lot more once I realized he saved us from FLUDD, but I still find it absolutely hilarious after all the pleas for Mewtwo to return Dr. Mario of all characters wound up being the cut Melee vet who came back from the dead.

Ozium

How will the Ice Climbers be represented in the Wii U version?

3ds has the polar bears in smash run...
wii u will have a stage?

after a second round of viewing his pics, it's surreal how Dr. Mario's gallery is like a blend of badassery and hilarity in one.

also damn does the Electroshock Arm look beautiful in HD.

but I still find it absolutely hilarious after all the pleas for Mewtwo to return Dr. Mario of all characters wound up being the cut Melee vet who came back from the dead.

lmao I was just thinking this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom