• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tier

Hhmm...just realized the render in both pictures are completely different. It could be just different builds or something but eh...

Uh...wow. Noone even noticed something so simple lol. I totally want her in now, really awesome design there, but thats pointing to beng fake.

I expect more pics from the leaker when I wake up. >:)

You're right, added the first pic to the top of the page for comparison. Such a sloppy shop. The font as well, I would've personally tried to find pics of various characters and then create a composite like pulling the A and S from "Samus", the G and E from "Gekkouga", and the N from "Link" to create "Agnes" and fake in the accent mark.

munchie64

Of course it's real. We have a picture of her on the CSS, why would someone lie about this?
0b4.jpg

By the way, this Dark Samus moveset looks like it's coming along well.

Obviously it's nowhere near done, but I'll definitely try it once something is released.

Ridley and Shadow the Hedgehog are the only characters that I would have permanently over someone else (I'm sorry Wario).

But I'd be willing to use Dark Samus from time to time, just not a permanent replacement.

So, are there people around here who believe this leak is real?

Not trying to judge, just curious.

I still think the most telling mistake is the whole detail involving transforming into her various Job costumes. No way something like that could be feasible for Smash right after Sakurai split up Zelda and Sheik to smooth performance.

But, I'd be happy with her as a SE rep. Very realistic and plausible choice too.

Plus the KYM User uploaded this a few hours after the close up portrait pic

QHExZQZ.png

Between this and his constant passive aggressiveness with the leak constantly reminding people that he thinks it's fake, just makes me think it's a very VERY elaborate fake made to stand out. But hey I posted it because it's the weekend and who knows, maybe he'll get a couple details miraculously right.

Sponge

Banned
Between this and his constant passive aggressiveness with the leak constantly reminding people that he thinks it's fake, just makes me think it's a very VERY elaborate fake made to stand out. But hey I posted it because it's the weekend and who knows, maybe he'll get a couple details miraculously right.

Haha wow, this guy really overreacts.

To me this looks like a very childish way of getting out of posting the "footage" he had promised. I don't buy this leak for a second.

I still think the most telling mistake is the whole detail involving transforming into her various Job costumes. No way something like that could be feasible for Smash right after Sakurai split up Zelda and Sheik to smooth performance.

But, I'd be happy with her as a SE rep. Very realistic and plausible choice too.

Plus the KYM User uploaded this a few hours after the close up portrait pic

These leaks are crazy.

I almost feel like were in the middle of some big scheme/ prank.
And yeah, the transformations does raise some red flags.

Richie

On the subject of leaks, my friends, what would you guys do if you were indeed privy to Smash Wii U information? Suppose you knew the whole stage rosters, all the exclusive modes, juicy and accurate DLC info...What'd you do? Would you spread it immediately, would you just keep it between yourself and your closest friends?

I'm on #TeamReal for the Agnes leak.

I mean I have no reason to believe it, but all of these comments and efforts to "debunk" it are eerily reminiscent of what happened with the ESRB leak. So I just have a tingling feeling that I should make this statement on the off-chance its real and I can gloat about it like an asshole and something about crows.

Plus, Agnes and Impa are the only interesting rumored DLC characters by far. #HmmIWonderWhatMyBiasIs

FSLink

Banned
On the subject of leaks, my friends, what would you guys do if you were indeed privy to Smash Wii U information? Suppose you knew the whole stage rosters, all the exclusive modes, juicy and accurate DLC info...What'd you do? Would you spread it immediately, would you just keep it between yourself and your closest friends?

Keep it to myself since I like keeping my job.
If I somehow knew the information without being employed there at Nintendo/Namco-Bandai/ESRB/whatever?

Yeah I'd probably mess with the internet.

Golnei

If it's a situation where my job wouldn't be in jeopardy, there's no other choice than to leak everything via text, with the minor alteration of adding Ridley to the list of playable characters.

Ridley and Shadow the Hedgehog are the only characters that I would have permanently over someone else (I'm sorry Wario).

But I'd be willing to use Dark Samus from time to time, just not a permanent replacement.

I can't really bring myself to replace anyone either, save for Ganondorf (and even then, just with other Ganondorfs), so unless there'll be a version of those Dark Samus and Ridley movesets on the unused PM slots, they'll be temporary for me as well.

Stulaw

It's definitely fake, on the selected character picture, just look at the thickness of the letters used compared to Link's 'N' or Mario's 'A' in the other picture.

Forkball

That guy really likes Agnes.

Look internet, the game is out. You can stop with the leaks and rumors. We are PLAYING Smash right now, it's over. IT'S OVER. Let us be at peace and enjoy the game.

Hatchtag

Banned
That guy really likes Agnes.

Look internet, the game is out. You can stop with the leaks and rumors. We are PLAYING Smash right now, it's over. IT'S OVER. Let us be at peace and enjoy the game.

but discussing leaks and watching hopes be rewarded or crushed is the best thing about smash

since i have posted here in a while im curious as to what the new rumors about the dlc characters pertain? and if someone can help me find this information lol

also as someones pointed out the A used for Agnes is really weird if you compare it to Mario's a also if u look a the little top space the black bit is a bit slanted and skewed :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As a guy who lost his last bet even I would be confident to take another one on this. The font doesn't match. It's not that hard to debunk.

I mean I have no reason to believe it, but all of these comments and efforts to "debunk" it are eerily reminiscent of what happened with the ESRB leak.
Not really. With the ESRB leak, the arguments were mostly pointing out how things could be faked rather than outright saying they were fake. This is a case of two fonts on one screen not even matching.

No way that Agnes leak is real.

I'd keep it to myself. Leaking it is disrespectful to the game's creators.

Or I go ahead and pick out some true bits that aren't easily guessed and pollute the information by inserting things that would never happen - like Doshin the Giant or Ridley being playable. Then I'd watch as my laughably fake leak got a few bits right, and people start going #TeamReal and expecting Doshin to be playable. And then when the game was out, people would argue over whether or not I actually had accurate information, or if Doshin the Giant was ever planned to begin with. Did I have early information? Was I just an extremely lucky guesser? The world would never know.

I'd probably only say something if somebody else who knew the same information came out and got a ton of shit for it, and even then probably try to keep as much as possible to my chest while still sort of proving them right?

In the case of the ESRB leak I saw the Shulk/Lucina victory snipper video when people were still debating whether it was true or not, but this was really only about a day before whoever it was decided to upload *everything* to youtube for some idiotic reason so it didn't really matter in the end. I wouldn't really go that far to spread anything, maybe just contact a mod at most with my 'proof'.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What if I do know stuff but I've just sprinkled it in randomly amongst all the rubbish I spout that you never realised.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What if I do know stuff but I've just sprinkled it in randomly amongst all the rubbish I spout that you never realised.

So what you're saying is Smash Wii U is going to be a crossover between Nintendo and a bunch of moe anime crap?

Preorder canceled

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey, all I'm saying is that I said it would be a good idea if we had a Kirby Dream Land stage based on the GameBoy's graphics so who knows what else I've said is true.

Nothing, it was a lucky guess.

Hey, all I'm saying is that I said it would be a good idea if we had a Kirby Dream Land stage based on the GameBoy's graphics so who knows what else I've said is true.

I do kinda wish it was for more than just Kirby's Dreamland though, as much as I love that game. Would have lost my shit if halfway through you were in a Donkey Kong 94 level or one of the sidescrolling dungeon sections from Link's Awakening.

When it comes to leaks, there's no such thing as a "lucky guess," it's literally impossible you could've predicted that. Where did you get your early information?

The guy behind the Agnes leak just posted this

nscqWdr.jpg

He's putting some effort into it, I'll give him that. But yeah, definitely looks shopped (franchise logo and name), but I can't recognize the render.

I could list 5 or so reasons why it's fake. Compare to this:

1. You can see that the LINK text is accurate. Compare to the thickness of the letters of "Agnes." Why would the letters in the longer name be thicker? They wouldn't.

2. Wii Fit TRAINER's name has wrong capitalization (t vs T in "Fit").

3. The characters clearly have a drop shadow going to the right, while the names have a drop shadow going down and to the right. The drop shadow on the character Agnes goes down and to the right. Meanwhile, the one on her name goes to the right on the right side, and is nonexistent elsewhere.

4. Character names have a triangle of a very specific size under them. The right side of Agnes's is cut off.

5. No series icon in Smash history has had faded tones. Each pixel is either a 1 or a 0, not counting the smoothing of edges. That butterfly fades from light to dark.

#TeamFake yo

I mean I have no reason to believe it, but all of these comments and efforts to "debunk" it are eerily reminiscent of what happened with the ESRB leak. So I just have a tingling feeling that I should make this statement on the off-chance its real and I can gloat about it like an asshole and something about crows.

Plus, Agnes and Impa are the only interesting rumored DLC characters by far. #HmmIWonderWhatMyBiasIs
After all this, I am still on #TeamReal aswell.

Somene decided to create a render that good, to then just mess up by having a different render on both pics and having all the Pokemon characters and a couple others just not on the roster? If the person created a render that good, that would seem like very big mistakes to make. It has to be one of the builds that doesn't have all the characters to avoid leaks for the entire roster at once.

Omg guys...we are getting AGNES! #TeamReal

Gotta add BD to my tobuy list now. I mean, it was on there anywayz but its gotta go up!

Somene decided to create a render that good, to then just mess up by having a different render on both pics and having all the Pokemon characters and a couple others just not on the roster? If the person created a render that good, that would seem like very big mistakes to make. It has to be one of the builds that doesn't have all the characters to avoid leaks for the entire roster at once.
People make mistakes all the time. Maybe because he spent so much time on the render, he didn't catch the little mistakes around it.

Is it really logical to assume that all of these issues below are somehow design decisions on the part of the developers?
1. You can see that the LINK text is accurate. Compare to the thickness of the letters of "Agnes." Why would the letters in the longer name be thicker? They wouldn't.
2. Wii Fit TRAINER's name has wrong capitalization (t vs T in "Fit").
3. The characters clearly have a drop shadow going to the right, while the names have a drop shadow going down and to the right. The drop shadow on the character Agnes goes down and to the right. Meanwhile, the one on her name goes to the right on the right side, and is nonexistent elsewhere.
4. Character names have a triangle of a very specific size under them. The right side of Agnes's is cut off.
5. No series icon in Smash history has had faded tones. Each pixel is either a 1 or a 0, not counting the smoothing of edges. That butterfly fades from light to dark.
Yes, similar arguments used against this image were used against the ESRB leak, but as someone who thought the ESRB leak was fake, I can still say that these arguments apply. Sure, the render doesn't match anything we've found, but it's still just one render. And instead of having things conflict with the demo, this image conflicts with itself.

It doesn't even fit the leak below. I'm still #TeamReal for this one.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
He's just using the her official artwork and placing another face over her own... I can't believe nobody even caught this.

Just for the record, this was exactly what people said about Jigglypuff (minus the face thing) in the ESRB Leak since it was modeled after its official art.

Azure J

Catching up:

Merit and truth in this statement. Agnes wasn't bad, but compared to Edea, she came off as less likable. Plus, Edea's made for fighting, having the best strength-based multipliers and all. Actually, I wonder just how they would approach a Bravely Default character, what with the Job changing and all...

I'd also root for Ringabel.

Taunts that literally have them put on new gear in a hyper cartoony fashion and alter their move set accordingly.

This Pikmin song is used on distant planet on the 3DS.

Which is why I think Distant Planet will return on the Wii U.
The alternate song to Golden Plains, the Mario theme, is played on Mushroom Kingdom U in the Wii U version (as was seen in the demo). Gear Getaway and the Pikmin Stage Select theme are almost certainly in similar positions--they play on different stages in both versions.

If anything I would think that them being listed on the Wii U's soundtrack suggests they're played on new stages in the Wii U version, not old ones.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What if Gear Getaway plays on a vertically scrolling stage based off Lift off Launch from Returns...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom