• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all this, I am still on #TeamReal aswell.

Somene decided to create a render that good, to then just mess up by having a different render on both pics and having all the Pokemon characters and a couple others just not on the roster? If the person created a render that good, that would seem like very big mistakes to make. It has to be one of the builds that doesn't have all the characters to avoid leaks for the entire roster at once.

Omg guys...we are getting AGNES! #TeamReal

Completely agree. Its most likely fake, but to say that its impossible due to Agnes not being an iconic character is absurd. There could be any number of reasons like you said, keeping BD exclusive, or any other reasons. We will never truly know how each character got into a game outside of Pokemon and Fire Emblem's "Let's pick the latest character" quota.

Its most likely fake
, but in all out honesty Sakurai/Nintendo could add literally any third party character for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised with anyone I do believe, unless it was literally someone owned by Sony or Microsoft.

What changed?

What changed?
Eh, nothing really. I am still #TeamReal it is just I know its a remote possibility, if that makes sense. I was saying something along the lines of "It seems like such a weird leak that it seems true to me despite the chances." or something like that. Not good at explaining myself, but I still do believe in the leak despite the chances that its not true.

Eh, nothing really. I am still #TeamReal it is just I know its a remote possibility, if that makes sense. I was saying something along the lines of "It seems like such a weird leak that it seems true to me despite the chances." or something like that. Not good at explaining myself, but I still do believe in the leak despite the chances that its not true.

I can respect that.

I still don't believe the Gematsu leak had early information, even though people have berated me for it.

Idk if anyone here shops at gamestop but they have smash 3DS, Wii U posters like 6,000 somethin power up points each.

edit also bayo 2 thats what I got.

It's been four and a half years since I became a member of GameStop, and even though I have 11,000 points, I have found absolutely nothing worth ordering. I'm just not big on posters, and all the cool stuff is too many points.

My bet is that if there are any characters that are unlocked by 3DS connectivity, we'll likely hear about at least ONE of them officially from Nintendo before the Wii U version drops. That's such a selling point that they wouldn't want to keep that under wraps for much longer.

And I don't think those characters will be available out of the box on the Wii U version either. I would think you'd have to have both versions of the game to unlock the characters in both versions.

Veeboy

My bet is that if there are any characters that are unlocked by 3DS connectivity, we'll likely hear about at least ONE of them officially from Nintendo before the Wii U version drops. That's such a selling point that they wouldn't want to keep that under wraps for much longer.

If they're not revealed in the next direct then they probably don't exist.

SalvaPot

Hello everyone! I have been following and lurking this thread for a while and now finally I'm able to post on it and hype with all of you. Nice to meet you all!

What's all this stuff about the Great Cave Offensive? I'm looking for the origin of this rumor.

I believe there was an image on the smash official facebook page leaking a screenshot of the stage.

I believe it was mentioned in a stage leak and then the very real track list for the Official Soundtrack CD.

Nope, never mentioned in a stage leak.
Shown officially by the FaceBook page (top right):
VFJYroj.jpg

Then confirmed via the CD.

It actually deconfirmed the surprisingly popular Tower of Smash stage list.

Nope, never mentioned in a stage leak.
VFJYroj.jpg

Then confirmed via the CD.

Oh. Thanks for the clarification. Saw that posted before and had no idea where that came from.

No problem.

I'm sure there are plenty Pic of the Days out there that will never actually get posted. Maybe we'll see this Pic soon, but it may go the way of the Polar Bear.

aMckAWD.jpg
I'm still of the opinion this POTD was pulled because the status of the IC ,while not entirely set-in-stone was fairly grim at this point, and Sakurai quickly realized how misleading an implication this screenshot would have.

Dicking around with Ridley fans is one thing, but throwing in what people would see as obvious hints a beloved veteran was going to get revealed soon just to have them absent in the final game would be another IMO. I don't really remember similar shenanigans for Snake/Lucas/Wolf, and I think most people figured pretty early on the PT's other two Pokemon were goners after Charizard was revealed.

Pyrokai

I'm still of the opinion this POTD was pulled because the status of the IC ,while not entirely set-in-stone was fairly grim at this point, and Sakurai quickly realized how misleading an implication this screenshot would have.

Dicking around with Ridley fans is one thing, but throwing in what people would see as obvious hints a beloved veteran was going to get revealed soon just to have them absent in the final game would be another IMO. I don't really remember similar shenanigans for Snake/Lucas/Wolf, and I think most people figured pretty early on the PT's other two Pokemon were goners after Charizard was revealed.

How exactly did you guys find this unused PotD? SmashGAF is hard for me to keep up with!

Also, I think I remember seeing someone say that the Tower of Smash rumor could still be credible because the Mt. Dedede stage could potentially be this Great Cave Offensive stage, and could be a changing stage like the Paper Mario stage. So I'm still not throwing in the towel with it yet! The guy might have just been naming the stages based on what he saw (like how he simply calls the 9-Volt stage "Game & Wario") and it could have been in a different language. I need one more stage shown that isn't on the list to fully discredit it :p

#TeamIWantToBelieve

kewlmyc

Is it me or is the Smash Bros for Wii U Gamecube bundle still not available on Amazon or Gamestop? Did they run out or something?

Also, I think I remember seeing someone say that the Tower of Smash rumor could still be credible because the Mt. Dedede stage could potentially be this Great Cave Offensive stage, and could be a changing stage like the Paper Mario stage. So I'm still not throwing in the towel with it yet! The guy might have just been naming the stages based on what he saw (like how he simply calls the 9-Volt stage "Game & Wario") and it could have been in a different language. I need one more stage shown that isn't on the list to fully discredit it :p

#TeamIWantToBelieve

While I've given up on that leak, having a Kirby Super Star stage with SS version of Mt. Dedede, GCO, and a Dynablade boss would be stellar.

I haven't been paying attention to the rumor mill, but has the Tower of Smash rumor been disproven or something?
It's looking like we're getting a Great Cave Offensive stage, which wasn't mentioned at all on that rumor (which had three other Kirby stages). There's the slight possibility Mt. Dedede (which was in that leak) is somehow a part of this stage, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Something called 'Smash World' was also found in the 3DS ROM, which sounds like a new Wii U mode that wasn't mentioned at all, along with Event Matches which the /v/ leak made out were gone completely from both versions.

Veeboy

I haven't been paying attention to the rumor mill, but has the Tower of Smash rumor been disproven or something?

Nintendo accidently released an image of a stage (The Great Cave Offensive) that was not in the Tower of Smash stage leak.
VFJYroj.jpg

This at the very least casts some doubt on the leak.

I wake up and people are still talking about that silly Agnes thing? The font doesn't even match up lol, the N's in Link and Agnes are different.

How exactly did you guys find this unused PotD? SmashGAF is hard for me to keep up with!

#TeamIWantToBelieve
Maybe it's better to stay in the Denial stage though - I think IceDoesntHelp was banned for going too far into the second stage.

I'm going to have to agree. Unfortunately, removing that pic from the website didn't seem like an indication to me that they might be in hot water. I thought the Polar Bear meant they were in for sure.
That was my Denial stage.

I wake up and people are still talking about that silly Agnes thing? The font doesn't even match up lol, the N's in Link and Agnes are different.

In fairness, it did spark a fun discussion as to why Agnes would make a good SE rep. Gotta have something to pass the time until the next POTD.

No problem.

I'm sure there are plenty Pic of the Days out there that will never actually get posted. Maybe we'll see this Pic soon, but it may go the way of the Polar Bear.

aMckAWD.jpg

Kind of wondering if they plan these things a few weeks ahead and before this, Ice Climbers were still being worked on or had just been cut recently and they didn't want to raise hopes about an Ice Climbers reveal. It's kind of good they pulled this shot, knowing what we know now.

Drago

On the topic, Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirit are the only Smash Run enemies from franchises without playable characters right? Was there anything else? ;(

On the topic, Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirit are the only Smash Run enemies from franchises without playable characters right? Was there anything else? ;(
Unless you count SSE, nope. Still reckon Sal's source was right on the money about the Chorus Kids/Men being playable at one point; that Famitsu article where Sakurai also talks about 'Melee being hard to port content from' mentions the only *new* enemies allowed in Smash Run had to be part of a playable franchise, and we already know the IC got cut fairly late in development.

Golnei

Stalfos and Metroids are probably the worst. At least Bulborbs, Boom Stompers and Polar Bears can be taken out quickly with attack powers.

Stalfos and Metroids are probably the worst. At least Bulborbs, Boom Stompers and Polar Bears can be taken out quickly with attack powers.
I can never take out Metroids, Chain-Chomps, Reapers or those clobber things from Uprising remotely well without nearly dying or using up a million powers. Hell if anybody has any advice for taking them out since I find Smash Run a way quicker way of unlocking custom moves that'd be a huge help!

I got a gear that makes it so I don't flinch when using a smash attack, I find it basically mandatory for Smash Run. With it I can kill pretty much anything without too much issue.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just thankful all of my least favorite SSE enemies were left behind, like Bucket Bot, Death Puppet, Spooky Ghost, and Clown Tower.

I forgot how horrible the SSE enemies were. Whoever the designer was for those should probably consider other opportunities because they aren't very good at it.

ffdgh

Right here. Darknuts are manageable with the right character, but Ornes are horrible no matter what.

Anyone can beat just about everything with spinning blades lever 4(or lower) and that crit hit badge. Easy 350/400+ damage if all hits connect lol.

If I hear or see an orne tho...quick retreat to the opposite direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom