• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Also of note in this pic: The Silver Face trophy is suspended in the air (so was Master Hand in the other one, I suppose), and the background is so beautiful -- not sure if it's inspired by Gaur Plains or is just a generic grassland, since it lacks the distinctive topographical features of Gaur Plains (I.E. the rib-like cliffs, etc).

Face Face is my favorite.
Nick_Jr._Face_%28Dark_Blue%29.JPG

Poop face :D

D:

I'm outta here.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who would have thought the hurry up and play if you don't want to be spoiled warning would last less than an hour.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
This POTD makes me excited about Wario and F-Zero trophies on the Wii U

they wont get anything again

F-Zero had plenty of trophies in Brawl at least, and Dr. Stewart is in the elite group of non-gameplay-related characters to have had a trophy in every single game (so far). I highly suspect it will get at least some representation.

On the other hand, Wario gets continually screwed over in Smash because his series uses a 2D art style... All we can do is hope that they put some extra effort in here.

Wow, that's a sick background if it's just for the Photo Studio!

Those Xenoblade Chronicles trophies look great. I got far enough into the game to know who Metal Face and Xord are, but not Silver Face (or Gold Face or Jade Face). Looks like my getting spoiled on the story is nigh, as there's no way I'll have time to go through the rest of it before Smash Wii U comes out. :(

I'm keeping a close eye on the site. It doesn't seem to have updated yet, and if Sakurai sticks to his own pattern, we should be getting the next two hidden fighters' pages tonight. (Of course, Sakurai never sticks to his patterns... if he even purposefully has any.)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Those Xenoblade Chronicles trophies look great. I got far enough into the game to know who Metal Face and Xord are, but not Silver Face (or Gold Face or Jade Face). Looks like my getting spoiled on the story is nigh, as there's no way I'll have time to go through the rest of it before Smash Wii U comes out. :(
Put down all your other games and you could strive to do it. I managed to beat Xenoblade just before the postman arrived with my copy of Smash 3DS. Literally. Watched the credits, ding dong, who's at the door, it's my new game!

Those Xenoblade Chronicles trophies look great. I got far enough into the game to know who Metal Face and Xord are, but not Silver Face (or Gold Face or Jade Face). Looks like my getting spoiled on the story is nigh, as there's no way I'll have time to go through the rest of it before Smash Wii U comes out.

Ehh
if you already know who both of them are then the next reveal honestly isn't too far after both of theirs(as in still like 5-7hrs depending on how many sidequests you do).

PetrCobra

just breeze through the rest of the story man, you can do that

Golnei

I'm keeping a close eye on the site. It doesn't seem to have updated yet, and if Sakurai sticks to his own pattern, we should be getting the next two hidden fighters' pages tonight. (Of course, Sakurai never sticks to his patterns... if he even purposefully has any.)

Fate conspires to make him act in any given pattern for long enough to convince people of its existence, before shattering their delusions. Even if assuming clairvoyance from two images was reaching a little.

art so good

The gulf between the mech and outfit designs in Xenoblade is enormous. Tadahiro Usuda should be ashamed.

Put down all your other games and you could strive to do it. I managed to beat Xenoblade just before the postman arrived with my copy of Smash 3DS. Literally. Watched the credits, ding dong, who's at the door, it's my new game!

But I don't want to put down Hyrule Warriors or Theatrhythm Curtain Call. :( I know I should try to finish it, but it's just such a monstrously massive game...

Ehh
if you already know who both of them are then the next reveal honestly isn't too far after both of theirs(as in still like 5-7hrs depending on how many sidequests you do).

Yeah, I basically kinda gave up right in the middle of the Satorl Marsh. I think I'm
on my way to meet with the High Entia or whatever they're called in order to warn them of a vision Shulk had regarding their king/emperor/whatever? I think? But yeah, I had done the Xord boss fight just prior to my stopping and everything about it, especially the cutscene after, was fucking awesome. I think the endless load of sidequests and nonstop exploring between story points just kind of did me in finally. :(

Can any Xenoblade scholars remind me of all the main story points I need to know going from where I am in the game? I think I'll try to start it up later this week, when I've got some more work out of the way...

Just don't read the trophy descriptions and you'll be fine :p

But I'm an editor... the trophy descriptions are one my favorite parts of any new Smash game!

just breeze through the rest of the story man, you can do that

What about all the sidequests/grinding you gotta do, though? I've read many times before that it's basically impossible to just go straight through the story and skip all the NPC quests and stuff because you'll be massively under-leveled toward the end if you do that.

Tan

What about all the sidequests/grinding you gotta do, though? I've read many times before that it's basically impossible to just go straight through the story and skip all the NPC quests and stuff because you'll be massively under-leveled toward the end if you do that.

not true at all

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I skipped all last 3 pages just avoid the spoilers for Xenoblade but I really want to says that those trophy models look so gooood!

I'm on way to the small floating island where the important event is going to happens.

not true at all

Okay. It would be very helpful if you elaborated, though. Are you telling me you really can rush through the entire game and not stop to grind quests even once, or is it more of a middle ground where you don't have to do everything but a little grinding is necessary?

Olay. It would be very helpful if you elaborated, though. Are you telling me you really can rush through the entire game and not stop to grind quests even once, or is it more of a middle ground where you don't have to do everything but a little grinding is necessary?

The latter, seriously if you tried to do all the sidequests whilst going through the storyline you'll probably go insane XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom