• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

Wait a second isn't that regular Battlefield the original 8 are on in the first picture? I thought 8-player wouldn't be possible on such a stage especially with a special version of Battlefield for 8 players.

They showed which were selectable, I'm bringing it up now

EDIT:

Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Mario Galaxy
Bridge of Eldin
Yoshi's Island
Great Cave Offensive
Onett
Castle Siege
Palutena's Temple
Gaur Plains
75m
Windy Hill

I have no idea why some of them are on that list, and why Colosseum isn't

Also do you guys think we'll be able to access those super large stages with only 4 characters?
Yes

random25

Possibilities...

- The Original 8
- Kirby's Mass Attack (8 Kirbies)
- Super Mario Free-for-All (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, DK)
- Koopalings Duel
- Nothing but Pikmin (8 Olimars)
- Furry Free-for-All (DK, Diddy, Sonic, DHD, Fox, Falco... shit, we're two off)
- Lightning Smash (8 Sonics, Bunny Hoods, Superspicy Curry)
- End of the Universe (8 Captain Falcons)

Add something like all 8 Little Macs in an odd landscape like Temple.

rekameohs

Banned
Wait a second isn't that regular Battlefield the original 8 are on in the first picture? I thought 8-player wouldn't be possible on such a stage especially with a special version of Battlefield for 8 players.

Also do you guys think we'll be able to access those super large stages with only 4 characters?

Will we press Y for those stages like we press X for Omega ones. As was hoping C would be used for Battlefield versions (Final Destination versions with platforms).

entry13-1.jpg

Look on the top left of the stages. You can select either the normal or the giant Battlefield from the stage select.

I might be overthinking this, but if there are trophies for each Final Smash, and there's a Mega Mewtwo X/Y trophy...

Might we get a cool Gravity Squeeze FS instead?

ugoo18

My only other request..........

PLEASE SAKURAI let connecting the 3DS and WiiU unlock characters and gear/specials on the WiiU. I am looking forward to SSBU but i'd be lying if i said that the thought of doing all the stuff again wasn't a daunting task.

Neoxon

PLEASE SAKURAI let connecting the 3DS and WiiU unlock characters and gear/specials on the WiiU. I am looking forward to SSBU but i'd be lying if i said that the thought of doing all the stuff again wasn't a daunting task.
You can transfer your custom set-ups that are already on the 3DS, so there's that.

Caladrius

If unlocks aren't transferred, at the very least there's only going to be 8 unlockables this time, so you'll probably only need 80 vs. matches to unlock everyone.

Fiktion

Banned
Smash Bros started with a roster of 12, it's amazing to think about.

I really feel that Mewtwo completes this roster for me. It was the most glaring omission. I would be content if this ended up being final, but we all know that there's more to come.

I really feel that Mewtwo completes this roster for me. It was the most glaring omission. I would be content if this ended up being final, but we all know that there's more to come.

I'd be more or less content if Spainkiller's leak was true, and we got Dixie Kong, classic Ridley, and Chorus Kids.

Hatchtag

Banned

As much as I like to talk about Ridley, I am glad Mewtwo is back. Him not having a spot was my biggest problem with the roster and it is awesome to see it remedied. Can't wait to hear more about him and other DLC. Here's hoping for Ridley and Ray!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Not Ice Climbers? Even I dislike playing as them but now I felt that it was their exclusion were omission to the roster.

ugoo18

You can transfer your custom set-ups that are already on the 3DS, so there's that.

If unlocks aren't transferred, at the very least there's only going to be 8 unlockables this time, so you'll probably only need 80 vs. matches to unlock everyone.

Theoretically i hope this is possible

1. Create Mii's/Custom fighters that use all the gear/specials on the 3DS version.
2. Transfer them all over until every single piece of gear and all the specials are unlocked.
3. Hopefully transferring locked characters unlocks them?

Not Ice Climbers? Even I dislike playing as them but now I felt that it was their exclusion were omission to the roster.

Yeah, while Ridley was my most wanted newcomer, I feel like without the Ice Climbers, or Mewtwo, and Wolf/Lucas, the roster just doesn't feel complete.

But due to 3DS limitations, and parity, it's not going to happen this time around for the ICs.

I'd be more or less content if Spainkiller's leak was true, and we got Dixie Kong, classic Ridley, and Chorus Kids.

Yup.

PotD quotes
Pic of the day. At long last, the Wii U version supports eight-player multiplayer!! It gets pretty hectic watching eight people duke it out at once. For more details, check out "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”).
For Americas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

And here's a stage prepared for a large number of fighters, Big Battlefield!! Fighters can spread out, so it should be easier battling on a stage like this.

random25

With Mewtwo's addition, I feel that there's a good chance of some other deconfirmed veterans returning. While IC is currently impossible due to 3DS, other vets have no such problem returning. And with a pretty good amount of time to develop the DLC, it just looks impossible that the only character they are working on right now is Mewtwo since I'm pretty sure they have already done some work on Mewtwo before they announced it.

nerdbot

Mewtwo, ICs, Lucas and Wolf are all the glaring omissions to me above any new characters, honestly. I doubt the Ice Climbers are coming back, so I'd be satisfied with just getting the other missing Brawl characters back.

Not that I'd complain if a Rhythm Heaven character or Chibi-Robo show up...!

Also, I have a feeling Mewtwo alone isn't ALL we're getting in Spring, I think he's just the first bit they're showing us.

Spinluck

:lol

Any leak that guess Mewtwo was DLC was just guessing what everyone else was guessing or hoping for. Not that bold of a call honestly.

Moonlight

Banned
Lucas coming as DLC with stages based on memorable locales from his game such as Saturn Valley, Osohe Castle, and New Pork City (
lol
) to coincide with the long-awaited US release of Mother 3 for WiiU Virtual Console, and the announcement of Mother 4 for New3DS.

Kumatora is an alternate costume

Roo

entry13-1.jpg

Look on the top left of the stages. You can select either the normal or the giant Battlefield from the stage select.

I probably missed that part but why does the menu have both Battlefieds?
Also I read somewhere that we might be getting even more stages, is that true?

Kangi

Lucas coming as DLC with stages based on memorable locales from his game such as Saturn Valley, Osohe Castle, and New Pork City (
lol
) to coincide with the long-awaited US release of Mother 3 for WiiU Virtual Console, and the announcement of Mother 4 for New3DS.

Kumatora is an alternate costume
If you're going to dream, dream hard.

DLC is titled "The MOTHERlode". Lucas returns, Ninten alt for Ness, Claus now a full alt, Jeff new character. Magicant and New Pork City arrive along with Cave of the Past new stage.

Then MOTHER 3 heads west. And EarthBound gets an HD remaster. And then MOTHER 4.

Neiteio

So... If you add two stages to the top row, and two to the bottom, you can maintain a perfectly symmetrical layout in My Music, and simply center the two bottom rows on the regular stage select screen.

So imagine the image below, but with Pac-Land, Pokémon Stadium 2, Magicant and Mute City/Flat Land added.

ssb-wiiu-mymusic-stagzqrip.png

Spinluck

B0sOS9zCIAAc_-v.jpg

Pic of the day. At long last, the Wii U version supports eight-player multiplayer!! It gets pretty hectic watching eight people duke it out at once. For more details, check out "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza"
B0sPRWaCcAAcoQ5.jpg

And here's a stage prepared for a large number of fighters, Big Battlefield!! Fighters can spread out, so it should be easier battling on a stage like this.

3v3 and 4v4

Best Smash confirmed, as if the gameplay on the 3DS version did not confirm this for me already (even with the crippling controls).

Question: Does anyone know off-hand if all the screenshots on this page are new, or are the first ones old with the only new ones being Coin Battles under Rule Settings, and Special Smash?

I probably missed that part but why does the menu have both Battlefieds?
Also I read somewhere that we might be getting even more stages, is that true?

What do you mean? If you mean hidden/unlockable stages, of course we're getting some. We already know of several, and there will definitely be more beyond those. The stage select screens they showed in the Direct are not final.

Neo Dark

Question: Does anyone know off-hand if all the screenshots on this page are new, or are the first ones old with the only new ones being Coin Battles under Rule Settings, and Special Smash?

What do you mean? If you mean hidden/unlockable stages, of course we're getting some. We already know of several, and there will definitely be more beyond those. The stage select screens they showed in the Direct are not final.

I think the first few are old.

You can play on the Smash Bros. menu? What's with that bottom right stage?

nerdbot

Kongo Jungle 64 coming back is so out of left field and I'm glad.

If they gave us Hyrule Castle 64 and Fountain of Dreams/Yoshi's Story Melee I'd be so pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom