• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Another cool gimmick for Ridley would be an airborne version of DK's ability to grab and carry people. So Ridley could grab people in his talons and then whisk them up into the air. Of course, you'd have to make it easy enough to escape, so he doesn't carry you too far away from the stage before dropping you!

I'm bored, would you like me to list Ridley's accomplishments just for fun?

What about doing it For Glory?

For-Fun-For-Glory.jpg

Hatchtag

Banned
Another cool gimmick for Ridley would be an airborne version of DK's ability to grab and carry people. So Ridley could grab people in his talons and then whisk them up into the air. Of course, you'd have to make it easy enough to escape, so he doesn't carry you too far away from the stage before dropping you!

I just want him to have his extending tail spike. That just has incredibly satisfying meteor smash written all over it.

Jawmuncher

Since I have nothing to bring to the table with Ridley Discussion. If we wouldn't have gotten Mega Man as the Capcom Rep, it would have been really cool to see what Sakurai would have done with Phoenix Wright. Since he seems like the best fit after Mega Man. Too bad UMVC3 as cool as his addition was, would kill any real hype for his inclusion though.
Much like Krtatos in MK after he was already in Soul Calibur on PSP.

[Insert link of that one video with the Guile-hair guy freaking out over Ridley grabbing Pikachu]

Neiteio

I just want him to have his extending tail spike. That just has incredibly satisfying meteor smash written all over it.
Ridley lends himself well to all kinds of feral, downright vicious attacks. Picture him stalking the battlefield like one of the raptors from Jurassic Park, pouncing on enemies with his talons extended, maybe dragging them across the ground (momentum from a running grab -- new concept?), before slashing away with his claws and flinging them into the air with his fang-filled mouth, whereupon he jolts them with a blast of plasma breath (think Fox's grab-and-gun).

Brutal!!

Azure J

Hypothetical Ridley move sets? If they get a satisfying version of his "smash into wall/floor and drag you about" grab going, I'd be so hype. We could stage Metroid Prime 3 Norion battles all day long.

- Became a Space Pirate just for an excuse to kill
- Tried to kill 3-year old Samus, even though she tried to befriend him
- Killed Samus' parents right in front of her
- A near-unkilliable draconic space terrorist
- One of Nintendo's most sadistic villains
- Describes to Samus how he killed and ate her mother,
causing Samus to have a mental breakdown, asking for her allies to kill her
(This happens in the manga)
- Regenerates lost cells by eating other people's flesh, dead, or alive
- Gives some of the most iconic boss fights in Nintendo's history (Super Metroid & Metroid Prime 3)
- Giant, flying space-pirate/ dragon

Hypothetical Ridley move sets? If they get a satisfying version of his "smash into wall/floor and drag you about" grab going, I'd be so hype. We could stage Metroid Prime 3 Norion battles all day long.

Shoves you off the stage because there's no more room left.

Neiteio

- Became a Space Pirate just for an excuse to kill
- Tried to kill 3-year old Samus, even though she tried to befriend him
- Killed Samus' parents right in front of her
- A near-unkilliable draconic space terrorist
- One of Nintendo's most sadistic villains
- Describes to Samus how he killed and ate her mother,
causing Samus to have a mental breakdown, asking for her allies to kill her
(This happens in the manga)
- Regenerates lost cells by eating other people's flesh, dead, or alive
- Gives some of the most iconic boss fights in Nintendo's history (Super Metroid & Metroid Prime 3)
- Giant, flying space-pirate/ dragon
I like how cunning Ridley seems in some scenes. Like when Samus is on Norfair in Metroid Prime 3, the way he's waiting for her. That whole scene is AMAZING, btw. Ridley literally holds you in the palm of his hand as you fall down the reactor shaft. And then when he's below you, the way he sinks his claws into the walls and sprays sparks everywhere in an attempt to slow his descent, just so he can aim better...

Retro Studios really nailed it out of the park with that encounter. One of the best sequences in the entire trilogy.

I love it when people talk about how much they want Ridley in, but then say they'd be disappointed if it's Other M Ridley.
We already know Other M Ridley is the one in the game, so why are people expecting Prime Ridley to be in?

emb

I love it when people talk about how much they want Ridley in, but then say they'd be disappointed if it's Other M Ridley.
We already know Other M Ridley is the one in the game, so why are people expecting Prime Ridley to be in?
Some people still think the developers of this game have decent judgement.

Those same people are wrong.

Neiteio

I'm only expecting Other M Ridley to appear, and as a boss. He might be playable in a special boss mode using the GamePad, but not as a regular character.

That being said, it's possible (albeit extremely unlikely) that Sakurai could pull a Conductor Link/Toon Link and have Other M Ridley be the boss and regular Ridley be playable. They are technically separate specimens, after all.

Veeboy

That will be his final smash.

That or killing his opponents parents. One or the other.

I don't see many people expecting Prime Ridley in, but I am disappointed that if Ridley makes it into the game it will be in his Other M form.

Neiteio

The whole concept of Samus and Ridley is a neat one. Beauty and the Beast... Only in this case, they're trying to blast each other to smithereens! More like a knight in shining armor vs. a dragon that must be slain, I suppose.

I'm only expecting Other M Ridley to appear, and as a boss. He might be playable in a special boss mode using the GamePad, but not as a regular character.

That being said, it's possible (albeit extremely unlikely) that Sakurai could pull a Conductor Link/Toon Link and have Other M Ridley be the boss and regular Ridley be playable. They are technically separate specimens, after all.

"When Ridley is on the battlefield, Kraid takes his place in Pyrosphere. 'Leave it to me!'"

Zomba13

Well we obviously don't have Other M Samus as Sm4sh Samus is actually getting shit done without asking permission off her master boyfriend husbando.

oh hey are you gonna start switching avatars like ffdgh :p

At this point, I don't care if they use the Other M design. I just want Ridley playable.

Well in that case...
Baby Ridley joins the battle!!!
He's part of the upcoming Baby DLC pack, which includes several beloved characters from the Mario Kart series.

EDIT:
Wish granted!

Ridley is furbee Ridley from Other M.
Damn it! I spent too much time looking for the image. I need to have that bookmarked.

Dimmle

Still waiting for them to introduce my character, Radley, Ridley's too-cool-for-school skateboarding nephew. He's best friends with Flunky Kong, the estranged pot-smoking son of Funky.

My favorite character in To Kill a Mockingbird is Boo Ridley, hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom