• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall of Shame? Not familiar with that.

Inn7TGF.png

thread 16's wall of shame

also IntelliHeath it's top 15 not top 10 :p

Dimmle

Check this video maybe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHPpVEB1loA&list=UUc8JKj5y6NVUd7RooLMvjdQ

It was early, but he's the only one I know of offhand with good content for a lot of the Smash 4 characters. He's working through character tutorials for everyone too, so it might be worth checking his twitch archive (twitch.tv/zero) to see if he's gotten to Link yet.

Also, I think if you hold up, you might be able to get out of the Mario combo just before the up airs. Someone tested it and found something like that, I think. Might also need to mash air dodge or jump or something.

If I had to guess at advice, I'd say probably to hang back more. Link has always felt like he shines the most when playing keep away. Throw lots of bombs, boomerangs. Try to bait out the cape with one, then go above with with the other. Also try mixing in the aerial clawshot. I'm not sure how well it works on Mario's height, but it's pretty much lagless, covers short hops, and has a big range.

Aw, thanks, this was a really thorough response. I'll try to work in more clawshot and choose my approaches more carefully.

Zubz

Banned
Not at first place.

Just you watch...

Also, hey, we only summoned EmCeeGramr once! And that was only to point out that Ganondorf committed atrocities, too, rather than us posting which Smash characters we'd want as our families! We should be proud! Er... I think?

Just you watch...

Also, hey, we only summoned EmCeeGramr once! And that was only to point out that Ganondorf committed atrocities, too, rather than us posting which Smash characters we'd want as our families! We should be proud! Er... I think?

are you trying to bring him back or not?

It's a shame that this thread pics up right around the time I need to sleep.

Interesting to note that about 32% of all my posts ever are on this thread, and I still haven't even gotten past my first month as a member.
What have I gotten myself into.

Now you're stealing my rival, too?!

Also, I was looking for proof of K. Rool-in-Smash topics on DK Vine. Couldn't find any, but I'm still half-surprised that place is still around.

And I finally found an old Geno post from the GameFAQs Brawl Board that didn't get purged!:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928518-super-smash-bros-brawl/54945732 It wasn't nearly as big as the others, though...

yeah but why do you need GameFAQs when Smashboards has all the meltdowns anyway?

Can you imagine the smash hype train for the game after Ridley is playable? 80% of all pre release smash posts would have to be about something different :p

Pizza

"Let's add some more spikes, and make sure he's really muscular! Now he'll be a real badass!"

well in flat-tops super inspection of ridley's shadow, he looks to be built more like Prime's lanky ridley rather than buff other M clonely.

Other M Samus's design + Prime's Ridley design would make me a happy boy.

Zubz

Banned
Hey man, we can have an open rivalry. We don't need to be bound by rules.

Oh my. I'm open to that.

I wonder what the new obsession would be in that case.

My money's still on Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Kids, a Brawl cut, or K. Rool.

Maybe Isaac, too, now that I think about this. This is all contingent on DLC, but at the very least we know K. Rool's not getting in, so that'll always be one character left to debate about.

Ryce

There have been two new Band Brothers games since Brawl, so Barbara's removal as an Assist Trophy makes me think Dixie Kong will be DLC and that she'll use the electric guitar as a special move or Final Smash. Maybe Sakurai thought it would be redundant to include both.

There have been two new Band Brothers games since Brawl, so Barbara's removal as an Assist Trophy makes me think Dixie Kong will be DLC and that she'll use the electric guitar as a special move or Final Smash. Maybe Sakurai thought it would be redundant to include both.

Zoroark's (Pokeball) attack is literally the same as Greninja's Final Smash.

Drago

Well, Zoroark is a Pokeball Pokemon and his attack is pretty damn similar to Greninjas Final Smash, so I don't think that would be the reason.

Edit: beaten!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom