• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Classic look for the classic comic/TV crowd. Muted colors for the movie crowd.

CBS ain't using some major redesign for her debut.

Big Nikus

How old is she supposed to be?

She could pass for 30.

These pics in costume really don't do her justice.

iNmsEZd.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Meh, I was hoping they would go away from the skirt.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks like a Halloween costume.

I think I'm almost certain I've seen that exact thing on sale online before. It's the skirt that makes it look cheap.

3phemeral

Skirt seems impractical but at least they didn't go with a mid-drift. I want to say I like that pseudo-trenchcoat look, but that would probably look ridiculous if you consider the way it'd move when she's flying. Should have kept the design close to Superman's without needing to feminize it with a pleated skirt.

Both the costume and the actress look horrendous.

The colors are too dark and she doesn't look or convey the statue of Supergirl whatsoever. She looks like an office receptionist who's cosplaying as Supergirl at the next comic con.

I'm okay with the choice for Supergirl, but I'm not going to lie, would have loved to see Tamsin Egerton in the role instead...

Her skirt had better pleats and was shorter. This one lacks any life.

Yeah, add the leggings to the different cut and it almost looks kind of conservative. They probably should just have done away with the skirt if they weren't willing to fully commit to the look.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I wonder how Laura feels. She was one hot as hell Supergirl.

laura_vandervoort_smallville_5-450x785.jpg

They really should have gone with pants or shorts, leggings under the skirt is throwing me off.

lol Actually I don't care, she looks good enough.

Katori

Costume and skirt is fine, but something is wrong with her makeup or the lighting or something in that picture. Doesn't really look like Supergirl (she does enough in other pictures).

That being said please be in the Arrowverse...or at least ambiguously be in the Arrowverse...or at the VERY least have a crossover with the Arrowverse (live action Crisis? we can get Jason Momoa or something for one episode right?)...

Vyer

You think it's worse than what's in the OP? It doesn't even have to be the exact same, but I think it'd be a step in the right direction.

It's a nice comics design but don't think it would translate well to live action. I mean it's basically a big long overcoat. Would end up too busy and/or bulky. And going for brighter colors with that overcoat look probably would not turn out well.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Looks like cosplay. Just looks like what's her name wearing a superman costume, not an actual character.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They went kind of halfway between her classic design and the washed-out, blue-tint, dark primaries of MoS...

And it looks terrible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think it might have worked on a color level if they had revamped the design.

Yes, it's just really jarring when you mix the two in the laziest way like that.

Go full classic like that gif of the cosplayer in the previous page or modernize it like everyone else is doing.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I certainly don't hate it, but it comes off as a bit flat. Needed a bit more flair. The skirt seems very bland in how it's cut - the belt too. It looks very homemade, and I get how that'd sorta the point, but hopefully she'll get a redesign down the line.

Jarmel

Banned
The skirt looks like it was tacked on without any serious consideration. It's clear they wanted a conservative/serious look but also wanted to retain the traditional design despite the two clearly clashing with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom