• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

lol at anyone saying she's old looking or at least physically miscast

d4jKQio.jpg

6hdN6mE.jpg

She's the opposite to me. I can't see her as above high school aged.

That second one also makes me think that Kitty would have been a better choice.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't really have any investment in who Supergirl is supposed to be as a character, and I never was a big Superboy/Superman fan at all, so I'm going in with no expectations. I hope she ends up building a compelling character out of a well written storyline. I hope the show can make her interesting.

ReiGun

The "it's too dark" complaints perplex me because superhero movies and TV shows in general tend to go for darker or more subdued shades.

They're not going to use ultra bright shades in these suits, guys. And if they did, folks would probably complaint about that too.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I think the suit is okay, not great, but good enough. It's the actress that I'm not really feeling here.

Foggy

I think it looks pretty standard and inoffensive. I certainly didn't think people would be so passionately for or against it. Why would I think such a silly thought?

LiK

just remember, if you ain't digging the suit, they could always redesign it for the next season. cheer up.

I will say this, it's sorta amazing to see people claiming/assuring themselves that the show will be a mess strictly off of the costume promo shoot

This show is gonna be a spectacular mess...

I'm gonna go looking for the Flash costume reveal thread, I wonder if it was the same or more positive.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Hold on, that's considered an insult?

I don't think he means it as insult, but rather supergirl gives off a receptionist/ordinary vibe, not a "super" or imposing one (from the promo). Hopefully live action will be better...

ReiGun

I'm gonna go looking for the Flash costume reveal thread.

I was just thinking about this. People complained up and down about Grant Gustin being casted as Barry. Fast forward a year and now everyone's whining because he won't be the Flash in the movie and they can't imagine anyone else as the character. lol

anaron

Same girl. Maybe its just the costume?

get
same girl

and wtf at people calling the show a mess

people like-love Arrow and Flash, this is the exact same creative team from ranging from the executive producers, special fx, composer, director

obin_gam

The "it's too dark" complaints perplex me because superhero movies and TV shows in general tend to go for darker or more subdued shades.

They're not going to use ultra bright shades in these suits, guys. And if they did, folks would probably complaint about that too.

Flash says you're wrong.

mreddie

I'm gonna go looking for the Flash costume reveal thread, I wonder if it was the same or more positive.

I think I was cool over the Flash costume. It was the Arrow costume I was salty over but I think it was around the Dark Knight Rises train and I quickly judged for being a Batman show...if I only knew Gotham would come 2 years later.

Foggy

The color fascists are a strange crew

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
people like-love Arrow and Flash, this is the exact same creative team from ranging from the executive producers, special fx, composer, director

People on GAF seem to love Flash, but I think the general sentiment is that Arrow is going downhill fast (I don't speak for everyone though). Aren't these also the guys that made Green Lantern as well? So yeah, they can be hit or miss.

ReiGun

Flash says you're wrong.

Except people complained that suit was too dark as well. Not to mention none of the suits on that show have been especially bright save Reverse Flash. And even there, the suit has a great deal more black compared to the comics counterpart to subdue all the yellow (which is a naturally bright color).

Yeah well there are many shades of blue and red to choose from. These are wrong. But i agree the really ultra bright ones would be wrong too.
Fuck it, i'm a master of colour. I can nag about it all i want :p

I was just thinking about this. People complained up and down about Grant Gustin being casted as Barry. Fast forward a year and now everyone's whining because he won't be the Flash in the movie and they can't imagine anyone else as the character. lol

It looks like the reaction to the costume was fine (with some complaints about brightness), but the reaction to Grant was...okay/tentative (at least until we saw him act).

strafer

I personally hope they go with muted colors for all their upcoming movies, too much color makes it look like a kids show.

I don't know, maybe im a depressed piece of shit.

The Cowboy

Hopefully we get a nice TV promo soon (even if its just a quick fly by :D), i really want to see how it looks properly.

Skux

I like it. Keeping it simple.

The only thing I don't like are the high knee covers on the boots. It makes her look shorter.

anaron

People on GAF seem to love Flash, but I think the general sentiment is that Arrow is going downhill fast (I don't speak for everyone though). Aren't these also the guys that made Green Lantern as well? So yeah, they can be hit or miss.
arrow is currently garbage but season 2 was generally beloved

Flash is straight up fantastic (despite that dumb fucked up starlabs prison)

Tabby

I'd rather there be the yellow background on the S logo minor complaint though
Looks great though in my opinion certainly miles better than the Flash costume.

shink

I really don't see her as Supergirl. Maybe my distaste comes from her character in Glee and can't imagine anything else.

Pachimari

The costume looks fine to me but the actress still ruins everything for me. I will give it a few episodes, maybe a season and see how she performs but she looks nothing like a Supergirl to me.

And she looks incredibly bad in the outfit.

anaron

Grant is great as The Flash but let's not pretend that the suit itself looks great.
It's literally the only thing that bothers me about the show.
the foundation for changes are so easy and the fact that they've shown it will end up looking like the comics version puts me at complete ease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom