• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

DangerStepp

Kittonwy said:
You have already played it, you know how the story goes, you know how to beat the bosses, you know where that damn excalibur two-handed sword gets dropped, you know exactly when to cast heracles and every other spell, why do you want to play the same thing over again in HD?

Just curious.
Indifferent2.gif
I've been posing the same question regarding the pining for the Final Fantasy VII remake. Then they call me crazy.

I'm sure some people have beat some games multiple times, what's wrong with beating it again in a better graphics, besides, if it's a remake and not a port, I'm sure there will be come changes to the game like more bosses, area, etc that will make playing the game again worth your time

for final fantasy 7 remake, ever since ff 7 was released, they've add a lot of thing to the storyline that make their absence in the original game jarring, easy example is deepground from ff 7 dirge of cerberus, their absence from ff 7 really make deepground kinda out of place, and it felt forced to suddenly introduce new organization like that.

the ff7 remakes can make little changes or add a couple explanation on why we never heard of them in ff7 timeline imo

ksamedi

It seems that she was right again.

IGN said:
IGN Wii has learned that last year Big Huge Games created a concept for an original big-budgeted Wii effort. The project is something of a Black & White design and would enable players to become a god and to interact with and manage the resources in a living world using the Wii remote. In addition to manipulating landscapes and controlling the weather, gamers would be challenged to take care of worshippers and destroy non-believers. According to insiders, The undertaking would also boast a two-player cooperative mode (allowing for dual creation and management) and support WiiConnect24 for future downloadable content. The look of the title would be colorful, cartoon-ish and stylized.

and

surfergirl said:
III) Big Huge Games Wii title is God the Game

Roxas

regarding the Square-Enix remakes...

(from Surfer Girl's Q&A)

AznSniper said...

How will Square Enix remake their games? Any idea what the first title will be remade from them?

surfer girl said...

aznsniper: Primarily graphical touches. I hear FF7 (again, not in that rumored all-out remake fashion that has been mention).

FF7 kinda remake?

Fady K

Yoboman said:
Hey, stupid Square Enix, nobody ever asked for a FF7 half-ass remake >:[

:lol its like they will deliver everything BUT the actual FFVII remake. Everything
except Chrono for now? Believe.

Yoboman said:
Yeah I will. As long as the graphics are new, and not just some up-res'd port with flourishes

It's hard to pinpoint what she's talking about because she says they won't be full fledged remakes which means we shouldn't expect something like Resident Evil or Twin Snakes. So what are we looking for? New models and a higher resolution? If so that'd be acceptable. The FF7 models in their current form, outside of battles at least, look absolutely horrible.

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
It's hard to pinpoint what she's talking about because she says they won't be full fledged remakes which means we shouldn't expect something like Resident Evil or Twin Snakes. So what are we looking for? New models and a higher resolution? If so that'd be acceptable. The FF7 models in their current form, outside of battles at least, look absolutely horrible.
I'm thinking everything 3D, just not with FFXIII level of visuals. It'll probably be chibi-ish like the DS remakes :\ They'd have to recreate all backgrounds anyway, cause they won't transition to HD

If they were to redo the backgrounds entirely, even if they weren't XIII level (which is expected since they're PSN games), wouldn't that still be a full remake? That'd be awesome if they did that. Would it be possible for them to just use the Crisis Core engine for it?

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
If they were to redo the backgrounds entirely, even if they weren't XIII level (which is expected since they're PSN games), wouldn't that still be a full remake? That'd be awesome if they did that. Would it be possible for them to just use the Crisis Core engine for it?
Yeah I was just thinking that after seeing the Crisis Core thread below, maybe Crisis Core level of graphics but in HD (and a lot less jaggy :p)

That'd be nice, and would sort out the problem of the level of resources they don't have that would be needed for an FFVII remake

SolidSnakex said:
Personally, I'm fine with keeping the pre-rendered backgrounds, but redo the character graphics, world map graphics, and battle graphics.

klee123

BoilersFan23 said:
Personally, I'm fine with keeping the pre-rendered backgrounds, but redo the character graphics, world map graphics, and battle graphics.

The problem is that the pre rendered backgrounds were drawn at a really low resolution. In order for it to be at least 720P compatible, they need to redraw every background from scratch.

jiggle

I rather get a full fledge remake. Has he ever commented on the full remake rumor?
But oh well, if it looks like Crisis Core, i'd still be happy.

If they're planning on doing several RPG remakes they should just get an engine in place so they can use it for all those games. Square's RPG's from the PSone remade would sell a ton. You're also probably going to be looking at them costing at least $40 because they know that.

Yoboman

Making it with pre-rendered backgrounds would be a lot simpler for development though and they could easily make battle screens, character models and the world map up to the quality of the backgrounds now too

I'm starting to wonder what it's going to take for people to believe this blog? What's more likely is the switch to the "anyone could do this" excuse though. Let's wait and see :).

The Orange said:
I'm starting to wonder what it's going to take for people to believe this blog? What's more likely is the switch to the "anyone could do this" excuse though. Let's wait and see :).

I'd say if the Earthbound stuff she's mentioned comes true that will make a believer out of most people.

Chris_C

klee123 said:
The problem is that the pre rendered backgrounds were drawn at a really low resolution. In order for it to be at least 720P compatible, they need to redraw every background from scratch.

If they still had the original files (lol) they could just re-render them at a higher resolution.

Shoho

Banned
"Also, Nintendo really did not want Rayman Raving Rabbits 2 to come at the same time as Super Mario Galaxy, since their game had a stratosphere of buzz and the limbless guy's popular party might disrupt sales of SMG, Nintendo tried anything they could do to refuse to give their approval; for example, in one instance, they said that one of the clouds in the game was shaped like Pikachu."

:lol :lol :lol :lol Im laughing so hard that I am furiously smashing my head againt the desk! OMG. This is so Nintendo over protective and scared :lol :lol :lol :lol Like Rayman was ever a threat to a phenomenon like SMG. I can just imagine all does crazy japanese people running around in circles in their HQ in Kyoto like a bunch of ants that has just had their hive peed on by a douchebag animal molester from Texas, named Chuck! GOD! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Zenith

Banned
I think everyone can agree that at the very least she's better than every "quartermann" and magazine rumours section out there put together.

Aurvant

Well, didn't she say a while back that the Far Cry team was making something for the PS3 and that it "wasn't just another Far Cry port"?

Then we hear word that Far Cry 2 will be on the PS3. I kinda knew then that she had at least knew something more than the usual everyday blogger.

harSon

Banned
Aurvant said:
Well, didn't she say a while back that the Far Cry team was making something for the PS3 and that it "wasn't just another Far Cry port"?

Then we hear word that Far Cry 2 will be on the PS3. I kinda knew then that she had at least knew something more than the usual everyday blogger.

I knew Far Cry 2 was coming out for consoles the second Ubisoft was confirmed to be the developer. How many PC exclusive games has Ubisoft made lately? Most of her rumors are already known facts strung together or common sense.

dili

I just hope there isn't some misinformation about the ps1 remakes if it happens to be true. Where as we think Square is remaking ps1 classics for the psn,what were getting are ports of the remakes they've already released for the PSP (Valkyrie Profile Lenneth,FFT Lion War,Star Ocean 1st,2nd etc)

Wich would be awful. (since i already own a psp and those games except so)

edit: although i see the ffvii comment now so who knows.

ZeroTolerance

1) Factor 5 has not abandoned the PS3, despite yesterday's announcement appearing to indicate the contrary. Also, some may mishear one of the company's forthcoming projects as Toucan Sam title.
2) The action game Certain Affinity is working on is a lighthearted, swashbuckling pirate adventure.
3) A sequel to Carnival Games is coming in the fall, with other platform(s) added to the mix.
4) Who is the company remaking games for PSN?
Square Enix was the company that the EGM rumor was talking about, but the games are not full-fledged remakes.

5) Titles for Apple multitouch devices will no longer be novelties with a few well-known franchises (most falling in the simulation genre) from a couple of companies you probably have heard of.
6) Unsurprisingly, the game tie-in for Horton Hears a Who is barely mediocre. Surprisingly, I hear the movie is quite good. But the real question is, when will the world get a good Seuss game?
http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/work-for-happy-finger-method-must-go-on.html

booo...no half assed remakes SE

harSon said:
I knew Far Cry 2 was coming out for consoles the second Ubisoft was confirmed to be the developer. How many PC exclusive games has Ubisoft made lately? Most of her rumors are already known facts strung together or common sense.
We now know who Surfer girl is ;)

Seriously though, I think you should give this guy some credit. He has provided early screens of games NO ONE else has seen before so obviously it's a little more than "facts strung together or common sense".

Some more rumors from sufergirl(taken from comments section):

Questsions:
Nitro
1) Did Metroid Dread ever exist?
2) Has Nintendo even considered any more N64 remakes for the DS? A portable Paper Mario or OoT is something I dream of... :(
3) Has Nintendo ever considered a portable Smash Brothers?
5) Expanding on that, could we see anything related to FFXIII on the DS?

Answers:

nitro: Yes.
1) No. A 2D Metroid for DS, yes.
2) Yes, none are planned.
3) Yes, there was even a prototype made a few years back.
4) There is no reason for Square to do such.
5) Yes.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Mr_Furious said:
We now know who Surfer girl is ;)

Seriously though, I think you should give this guy some credit. He has provided early screens of games NO ONE else has seen before so obviously it's a little more than "facts strung together or common sense".

Just because a few of his rumors/sources are legit doesn't mean everything else he says is. A lot of complete bullshit has been said about Ubisoft.

Ether_Snake said:
Just because a few of his rumors/sources are legit doesn't mean everything else he says is. A lot of complete bullshit has been said about Ubisoft.

She seems to be right about Red Steel 2 and after playing AC, she seems to be right about what happened to it.

ukiraros

Basically all of Square's game, Suikoden 1 and 2, and other RPG goodness.

KTallguy said:
I vote for an awesome retranslation in the vein of FFTactics (not old English, but something similar), and a complete revamp of the second disc, including events that you couldn't access before.

I would totally buy Xenogears again and again (Xenosaga = trash).

Hell yeah and I agree about Xenosaga as well it's trash.

vectorman06 said:
Some more rumors from sufergirl(taken from comments section):

Questsions:
Nitro
1) Did Metroid Dread ever exist?
2) Has Nintendo even considered any more N64 remakes for the DS? A portable Paper Mario or OoT is something I dream of... :(
3) Has Nintendo ever considered a portable Smash Brothers?
5) Expanding on that, could we see anything related to FFXIII on the DS?

Answers:

nitro: Yes.
1) No. A 2D Metroid for DS, yes.
2) Yes, none are planned.
3) Yes, there was even a prototype made a few years back.
4) There is no reason for Square to do such.
5) Yes.

I see 4 questions and 5 answers. ?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ether_Snake said:

He's actually gotten a surprising number of things right about Ubi. Things I was able to confirm, anyway. Can't attest to any of this Nintendo nonsense. That mostly smells bad to me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
SolidSnakex said:
She seems to be right about Red Steel 2 and after playing AC, she seems to be right about what happened to it.

Nope, he extrapolated on very few bits information.

Top Bottom