• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Firestorm

Totobeni said:
well , i don't know Suda's story but i think he shift to Wii ( before that he was working on 1 or 2 PS3 ( and 360 ? ) titles , then he announced NMH for WII ( and cancelled PS3 project ? ) , then Ka booom no sales for NMH in Japan he got mad attacked Wii and nintendo and shift 2nd time to HD systems .

but yeah , if you want money from your games PS360 is the way to go

360 and PS3 print money? I thought it was the DS and Wii

Tr4nce

SPEA said:
She posted some new goodies.

1) Obsidian is NOT making Baldur's Gate 3.
2) Don King's Prizefighter is NOT very good, as previously said.
3) Crysis is NOT a PS3 exclusive.
4) L.A. Noire is still NOT coming to the 360.
5) A Wii Star Fox IS under development.
6) Guitar Hero DS IS one of the four Guitar Hero games that EGM mentioned and IS coming out this fall.
7) Something called Gears of War 2 IS going to be at something called GDC.
8) Black Rock Studio's first game under its new moniker IS a PS360 off-road title coming in the fall.
9) Grasshopper Manufacturer's next game, a PS360 title, IS delightfully polarizing.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/listing.html

Surfergirl says that Crysis won't be PS3 exclusive, I do not care about the non-exclusiveness, but apparently Crysis is going to make it to the console systems. Man I hope this rumour is going to be confirmed fast. I would love a Crysis release on PS3.

Borys

Banned
Of course Crysis is not a PS3 exclusive, it's a PC exclusive :lol

Also, strange how most of her crap corelates with GAF news and always gets posted later (after GAF is done).

How can anyone still believe her is mind boggling.

Tieno

Borys said:

Also, strange how most of her crap corelates with GAF news and always gets posted later (after GAF is done).

Hasn't she posted a couple of correct rumors?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Tr4nce said:
Surfergirl says that Crysis won't be PS3 exclusive, I do not care about the non-exclusiveness, but apparently Crysis is going to make it to the console systems. Man I hope this rumour is going to be confirmed fast. I would love a Crysis release on PS3.

PC+PS3?

:lol

Borys

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Yeah how can anyone believe someone that posted Resistance 2 news over a month in advance and was spot on with it. Surely she knows nothing.

Just because she got one or two or three things right doesn't make her a Prophet of Truth you know.

I just don't buy her stuff, that's all.

Maybe it's because she seems AWFULLY anti-PC person?

wsippel

Banned
Borys said:
Remember the leaked Project HAMMER material? The screens and video from the debug build that were released after the project was canceled? That stuff came from Surfer Girl according to the guy who posted it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Borys said:
Just because she got one or two or three things right doesn't make her a Prophet of Truth you know.

Reality is anti PC

Pro piracy though!

Borys said:

I don't think anyone believes everything she says is true but she's got enough right to have credibility. As far as her being anti PC. How? Because she says certain PC games are going to be released on consoles? Didn't Crytek say once they finished the PC version of Crysis they'd consider other versions of it?

E-phonk

Banned
It's maybe still a bit too early, but within 2 months we should have heard from a lot of the stuff she mentioned and/or hinted at.

IMO, she's got some decent sources in a few key places and probably has a in-box full of gossip and bile from various minor industry people, so take a lot of what she says with a pinch of salt but don't be surprised when she does "scoop" something...

Tr4nce

Borys said:

Hey, I also noticed this. Maybe it's a GAF insider.

We have a traitor among us!

Borys

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I don't think anyone believes everything she says is true but she's got enough right to have credibility. As far as her being anti PC. How? Because she says certain PC games are going to be released on consoles? Didn't Crytek say once they finished the PC version of Crysis they'd consider other versions of it?

No no no, it's not that.

It's just her total lack of PC rumours and the fact she hated on WoW and on Diablo 3 in one of her blog posts.

Borys said:
Just because she got one or two or three things right
Actually she got right more than two or three things. The last one was the new Leisure Suit Larry game. And don't tell me that anyone could have guessed it, because the debacle of the last game in the series, everyone would have given it for dead ;)

This blog definitely has good sources.

Borys

Banned
Oh great people threw my name on the blog:

damngaffers587.png

Damn you gaffers!

sad_shakefist.gif

Hammer24

Banned
SurferDude had too many right, to be simply dismissed. Now that wishfull thinking in regard of his crystal ball took over, its pretty much self fullfilling prophecies.
If you got the boot out of some company and hold a grudge against your former employer - whom do you shoot an email?

Borys

Banned
gketter said:
I thought you don't read at places you hate so how did you find this comment?

Good eye, I actually went there because Doc Evil post. He said she was fucking angry and didn't exactly quote anything so I checked myself.

Didn't find anything that would make her sound angry, but found this little gem where someone calls me out.

It was actually the first time I visited that site... I hope the last one also.

Dascu

botticus said:
Most likely, as it's a collaboration with Kojima.
Collaboration with Konami, but as I have said myself, it probably is a collaboration with Kojima. :p It could still be Kurayami, I guess.

FirewalkR

Borys said:
Oh great people threw my name on the blog:

damngaffers587.png

Damn you gaffers!

sad_shakefist.gif

We'll learn two things from this. We'll know if she's anti-pc AND if she knows Borys. :D

Edit: heh just noticed that "gafferer" links to one of your posts, so she'll know you anyway (as if she didn't read gaf...)

Pachimari

Borys said:

I respect that you don't believe "her" but she has her sources. I can just imagine you would be all over me if I told you last year that Mafia 2, Hitman 5 and some other projects are underway - geez I feel bad for SurferGirl sometimes, she does this with the risk of getting critisms, I would never have done that, so I take off my hat for her.

Borys said:

Exactly. This other quote is about right with it:

Cosmonaut X said:
IMO, she's got some decent sources in a few key places and probably has a in-box full of gossip and bile from various minor industry people, so take a lot of what she says with a pinch of salt but don't be surprised when she does "scoop" something...

The weird spin on a lot of her rumors, and the difference in resolution between, say, her Resistance 2 scoop and a lot of the shit she tosses off in the comments really points to this: she's got one or two real sources for specific things that she probably knows in person, but she fills in from there with whatever random Maya monkey writes in to explain about how stupid his jerk bosses at Ubi are.

Posting the volume of (often unfalsifiable) rumors she does muddies the waters, whether purposely or not -- it's impossible to verify how many of these more minor predictions come true, and which of those that do are obvious guesses/inferences vs. real scoops, so one can't really take anything she posts without a grain of salt.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I think it's 100% certain that he/she (whatever) works in the industry and most likely in a paper magazine. These guys get infos weeks if not months before they are published. They also have lots of contacts with the various developers, and yes they also get wrong infos from time to time since it's always possible it will change until it's been actually published (and even then). They usually know how to shut up about these though.
At least that's how it is here in France, no doubt it's about the same everywhere else.

plufim

Totobeni said:
Wii print money but for non-games ( as suda said )

360 software sales in NA + PS3 in japan= Suda's heaven
PS2 sales of Killer 7 prove that this opinion is bullshit.

Suda just makes games that don't have mass appeal. Seriously fucked up stuff is awesome to some people, but it severely limits the number of people prepared to buy it.

radjago

6) Guitar Hero DS IS one of the four Guitar Hero games that EGM mentioned and IS coming out this fall.
The DS doesn't use a multi-touch screen, right? How will this work? Sloppy Jam Sessions-like D-Pad controls? No thanks.

radjago said:
The DS doesn't use a multi-touch screen, right? How will this work? Sloppy Jam Sessions-like D-Pad controls? No thanks.

They can alway use the GBA slot as a slot for peripherals and make a guitar neck with the 5 buttons and use the touch screen for strumming.

FirewalkR

Blimblim said:
I think it's 100% certain that he/she (whatever) works in the industry and most likely in a paper magazine. These guys get infos weeks if not months before they are published. They also have lots of contacts with the various developers, and yes they also get wrong infos from time to time since it's always possible it will change until it's been actually published (and even then). They usually know how to shut up about these though.
At least that's how it is here in France, no doubt it's about the same everywhere else.

Sometimes "she" seems too knowledgeable to be someone working in a magazine. What other positions in the industry might she be in, that would give her access to such information? Some kind of project approval position for one of the platforms? But that would give access just to info for a specific console, right?...

My guess is it's a joint venture between phil "sexybald" harrison and what's his name that's now in Peter Moore's previous position.

VonGak!

Banned
Zilch said:
Ether Snake is so unbearable in this thread, especially in light of all the rumors that have become fact very recently. Why are the Sony fanboys the uptight ones nowadays?

:| Ether Snake is no more Sony/Playstation fan than Borys.

If you actually bothered to take a look you'd notice that the real Playstation "fans" are positive toward Surfer Girl.

In fact it's MS and Ninty fans who are hating the most which is understandable considering SG has had a few less flattering tidbits for them (especially Nintendo) which automatically calls for defense mode. ^.^

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
flamesofchaos said:
They can alway use the GBA slot as a slot for peripherals and make a guitar neck with the 5 buttons and use the touch screen for strumming.

I think someone did that before or at least made a prototype. Now that would be fucking awesome.

plufim said:
PS2 sales of Killer 7 prove that this opinion is bullshit.

Suda just makes games that don't have mass appeal. Seriously fucked up stuff is awesome to some people, but it severely limits the number of people prepared to buy it.

Have you met Suda? I don't think he cares.

Quazar

FirewalkR said:
Sometimes "she" seems too knowledgeable to be someone working in a magazine. What other positions in the industry might she be in, that would give her access to such information? Some kind of project approval position for one of the platforms? But that would give access just to info for a specific console, right?...

My guess is it's a joint venture between phil "sexybald" harrison and what's his name that's now in Peter Moore's previous position.

What I suggested earlier:

Quazar said:
Game agents / headhunters

Perhaps someone like Melanie Cambron for example

Who knows though...

VegaShinra

Gears of War 2 rumor wasn't there one surrounding CES too? I mean that'll be rumor for every conference until it becomes true. I wouldn't say predicting Gears of War 2 is revelation that no one else could predict.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Borys said:
No no no, it's not that.

It's just her total lack of PC rumours and the fact she hated on WoW and on Diablo 3 in one of her blog posts.
I think the hate to WoW and Diablo come from the fact they are Vivendi properties and she is heavily pro-EA. Also, she is just a rumour person who isn't even making money out of it, so you should take her comments as those of just another GAF poster.

Top Bottom