• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
WrikaWrek said:
Look we chose to believe. I did, and many people around here, including ps3 only fans did. Now one bad rumor towards a Ps3 game and the shit hits the fan, knee jerk reactions all around?

Cmon. Chill.

Hey I'm not that beat up about it. It is a bit dissapointing if true, I was VERY psyched about this game. All the negativity around guerilla, then they go and deliver at e3... it was exciting.

For the record this isn't the first negative thing towards a ps3 game.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Perhaps you missed it, but a coulpe of posts back it was shown where this false "rumour" came from. It has nothing to do with being a PS3 game either, maybe you should re-read several of the surfergirl's threads.

No it wasn't shown where this false rumor came from. All we know is some poor dude is reclaiming this as his rumor.

So tell me now, how do you so easily accept the word of some dude in another forum that hasn't proved himself in any kind of way in the past, yet you easily dismiss surfer girl?

msdstc said:
Hey I'm not that beat up about it. It is a bit dissapointing if true, I was VERY psyched about this game. All the negativity around guerilla, then they go and deliver at e3... it was exciting.

For the record this isn't the first negative thing towards a ps3 game.

I'm still excited for it. When new previews come in we will see if the game looks mediocre or not. So far stuff has been ++

jet1911

WrikaWrek said:
So tell me now, how do you so easily accept the word of some dude in another forum that hasn't proved himself in any kind of way in the past, yet you easily dismiss surfer girl?

That's where you're wrong. ;)

WrikaWrek said:
No it wasn't shown where this false rumor came from. All we know is some poor dude is reclaiming this as his rumor.

So you also missed the pic of him in the Guerilla offices with the 2 other devs?

WrikaWrek

Banned
jet1911 said:
That's where you're wrong. ;)

Really? So when was this guy that was perma banned from gaf, and said stuff like KZ2 was going to look like shit at E3, credible?

Metalmurphy said:
So you also missed the pic of him in the Guerilla offices with the 2 other devs?

Oh he and the guy from the pic are the same. I though it was just some guerrilla joke pic because of the bunny fingers.

So at least the fact that the game is overbudget and behind schedule, is true?

Mindlog

It's as if someone insulted your mothers :lol

My most anticipated game atm is GTA IV. Quick someone call it a rehash with a mild graphics update, onos aneurysms for meh!

Kittonwy

Banned
Yoboman said:
Who? Is it; loudninja? Or maybe teh-CJ?

It wasn't me. I only respond to Jaffe's personal blog.
Indifferent2.gif

Where is Tempy?

WinFonda

Eh, slim chance Killzone 2 turns out to be a disappointment imo. We know it's an expensive project, and Sony knows it's an important title. They will delay it until they're absolutely sure if the quality is at all questionable. I'm also expecting a FFVII caliber marketing blitz for this game.

That being said, KZ2 is an easy target right now. People are always super hyped when big games like this get announced, and then after a few months without any new information, along with new game announcements, this kind of doubt always sets in--it's happened to every game--it will happen to Resistance 2. GTA4 is a recent example, like a Pheonix it has risen gracefully from the ashes.

Just remember: At last years E3 Killzone 2 was the great equalizer and GG were hailed as dev-Gods. The next media releases from the game will likely generate a lot more buzz, and peoples faith will be renewed... until the next media blackout starts to sink in.

WrikaWrek said:
Oh he and the guy from the pic are the same. I though it was just some guerrilla joke pic because of the bunny fingers.

So at least the fact that the game is overbudget and behind schedule, is true?
Apparently, but the 70mil figure is just the surfergirl wild imagination.

Ciel

On one hand I hope she's right abou Dead Rising 2.

My other hand is pressed against it praying the KZ info is wrong. I don't have high hopes though. I've been burned with Heavenly Sword and Lair already.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ciel said:

What did she say about that? I believe Capcom said it wasn't in their best interest to pursue western-market games like Dead Rising despite the success, and won't likely return for a sequel.

Then again, who knows.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Ciel said:

My other hand is pressed against it praying the KZ info is wrong. I don't have high hopes though. I've been burned with Heavenly Sword and Lair already.
Comon dude, Heavenly Sword was awesome. And despite its bugginess I played Lair a bunch. It was actually a really fun game once you got into it. Highly replayable.

Deepblue

Banned
WinFonda said:
Eh, slim chance Killzone 2 turns out to be a disappointment imo. We know it's an expensive project, and Sony knows it's an important title. They will delay it until they're absolutely sure if the quality is at all questionable. I'm also expecting a FFVII caliber marketing blitz for this game.

That being said, KZ2 is an easy target right now. People are always super hyped when big games like this get announced, and then after a few months without any new information, along with new game announcements, this kind of doubt always sets in--it's happened to every game--it will happen to Resistance 2. GTA4 is a recent example, like a Pheonix it has risen gracefully from the ashes.

Just remember: At last years E3 Killzone 2 was the great equalizer and GG were hailed as dev-Gods. The next media releases from the game will likely generate a lot more buzz, and peoples faith will be renewed... until the next media blackout starts to sink in.
I actually think that largely the graphic shock has settled with newer game reveals. For example, I think the new KuF sets the bar in graphics from what I've seen there - from both a technical and artistic standpoint. Hopefully GG has enough game/features to keep people interested until KZ is released.

Ciel

chubigans said:
What did she say about that? I believe Capcom said it wasn't in their best interest to pursue western-market games like Dead Rising despite the success, and won't likely return for a sequel.

Then again, who knows.

yea, I remeber Inafune saying there wouldn't be DR2. Surfer says that, Lost Planet 2 and Onimusha 5 are coming to HD platforms. So yeah, who knows. I dln't care about the other 2 but if DR2 is true, then damn.

Bob'sRevenge, I think Heavenly Sword could have been a lot better. It was too jerky for me, though it's an amazing looking game. I don't ever wanna talk about Lair again. :(

Salazar

Weren't Inafune's remarks much more along the lines of 'we're not working on Dead Rising 2 at the moment and it's not a priority' ? I really don't recall him ruling it out.

ethelred

TEH-CJ said:
I would edit that...

oh wait you cant because i just quoted you muwhahaha

I have no intention of editing it.

If you like, I'll reiterate it. I just about had a brain hemorrhage reading four pages of "Killzone 2 will be the bestest!" "No, Resistance 2!" "Killzone 2 will suck because the first two sucked!" "Nuh uh! What about all the GLOWING PREVIEWS from the millions of people who've played it!" "Yuh huh!" Give me a fucking break.

TEH-CJ

Banned
ethelred said:
I have no intention of editing it.

If you like, I'll reiterate it. I just about had a brain hemorrhage reading four pages of "Killzone 2 will be the bestest!" "No, Resistance 2!" "Killzone 2 will suck because the first two sucked!" "Nuh uh! What about all the GLOWING PREVIEWS from the millions of people who've played it!" "Yuh huh!" Give me a fucking break.

ok ;)

tino

Banned
Just gone on record to say that when I questioned KZ2 developer's ability to turn in good gameplay in that gigantic KZ2 thread I got jump on. All the PS3 games made by *new* Sony 1st/2nd party Studios have low replay value.

So I am about 70% believe in this news. However KZ2 could always get the "Jade Empire/Perfect Dark Zero" free pass from the press and the fans. Hell KZ1 basically got a easy pass from the fans.

kiruyama said:
Not to ruin the mood or anything, I love bitter tears and controversial blogs made by supposed girls who surf and leak industry info, but you know what I love more? Skaterboy's claims of KH3 Wii exclusivity, Snatcher, and Turrican. He seems a lot more 'conservative' in his posts, clearly stating when he does or does not know stuff, and so I guess that makes him seem more reliable in my eyes.
My guess is that KH3 will be on PS3 only and SE will accompany the announcement with a Wii spinoff that will be released well before KH3.

Madman

tino said:
Just gone on record to say that when I question KZ2 developer's ability to turn in good gameplay in that gigantic KZ2 thread I got jump on. All the PS3 games made by *new* Sony 1st/2nd party Studios have low replay value.
Guerilla isn't new though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My thoughts:

1) F.ishie. :bow F.ishie. Dude has everyone's panties in a knot yet again. For a "troll," everyone puts a lot into what he says. For the record I think he's legit.
2) I still don't think SurferGirl is legit, or her new buddy SkaterBoy.
3) God the bickering between you guys is annoying
4) deepblue's back!!

WrikaWrek

Banned
You know, i don't know what wing commander even is...

PC game? Consoles? What kind of game, etc

I guess that's pretty bad on my part?

Anonymous said...

This article sounds like a bunch of propaganda. You frivolous banter makes it sound like you are reaching for a reason not to like guerilla and killzone. Sony obviously supports guerilla, killzone was an amazing game and I expect nothingless from the second one. It looks like an amazing game. I must say i was not overly impressed with anything resistance:fall of man. It was a fun game, but there was nothing special about it. Graphics were weak, special abilities within the weapons made didnt add any interesting aspect, they were used in a non-sensical way. Strategy is absent from resistance. The second just seems to dazzle with images of new chimera, large walking robots. Killzone on the other is the game of the people. It weapons can be used more strategically. It was a challenging game. It will be so much more than you think. Resistance is nothing special. Killzone is. Simple

Alright... can someone tell me what Guerrilla has done to inspire this kind of fanatical loyalty? And please don't say Liberation. This ridiculous KZ2 hype existed long before that game was released.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
Alright... can someone tell me what Guerrilla has done to inspire this kind of fanatical loyalty? And please don't say Liberation. This ridiculous KZ2 hype existed long before that game was released.

Sony bought them.

Draft

Dancing Queen says that EA is developing a high budget PC exclusive Wing Commander.

It can't be true.

It must be true!

1) Retro's next title is a Zelda spin-off, announcement could come around E3.
2) What's the worst game you have seen lately
That XBLA moose game, the Bullwinkle one.
3) The forthcoming Tron follow-up TRON (yes, both movies share the same name, although the new one is all caps) will be released in 3D (in addition to the normal release).
4) Where is Super Smash Bros. DS?
There was a prototype made ages ago, response was rather tepid, never went any further.
5) What is the best game coming out this year that you have played not from EA?
LittleBigPlanet

:O

Night_Trekker said:
OMFG-quality CGI trailer?

EDIT: the real-time trailer was pretty AFW as well. If there is one thing GG is good at, it's presentation.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Draft said:
Dancing Queen says that EA is developing a high budget PC exclusive Wing Commander.

It can't be true.

It must be true!

Skater Boy said it was going to be one of the highest budget game's in EA's history.

theBishop

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Why do movies go over budget?

Double budget if you believe SG (and i generally do). After 30mil, if the game isn't already shaping up to be awesome, I would be canning the high-level people and bringing in some heavy-hitters to save it. Somebody like Dylan Jobe or Evan Wells to get the thing back on track before sinking another 30 mil into it.

Another thing i would do is give Insomniac a lot more money, and delay Killzone until next year.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Sony should do to guerilla what EA did to EA Chicago, and then give what they had of Killzone and dump it on Insomniac and say FIX IT FIX IT. In my humble opinion.

Top Bottom