• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Night_Trekker said:
Alright... can someone tell me what Guerrilla has done to inspire this kind of fanatical loyalty? And please don't say Liberation. This ridiculous KZ2 hype existed long before that game was released.

E3 2005.

Night_Trekker said:
Right... but Killzone was one of the best-looking titles on the PS2. It was also a thoroughly mediocre game, overall. So why is anyone banking so heavily on Guerrilla this time?

KZ1 looked good in stills, in motion it had a lot of technical problems. That's not the case with KZ2 from what we've seen. As far as what they've done since, KZ:L is a really good game and that was their first game under the Sony umbrella. Remember at one time ND was best known for creating one of the worst games ever made, Way of the Warrior. Since becoming part of Sony they're now one of the most respected teams in the industry.

Busty

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
Right... but Killzone was one of the best-looking titles on the PS2. It was also a thoroughly mediocre game, overall. So why is anyone banking so heavily on Guerrilla this time?

Sony are banking on them recreating the 2 million plus sales of the first game.

And anyway you feel about the first game, you have to admit, the whole E3 2005 trailer and the spectacular unveiling last year was pretty incredible.

People do love spectacle.

SolidSnakex said:
KZ1 looked good in stills, in motion it had a lot of technical problems. That's not the case with KZ2 from what we've seen. As far as what they've done since, KZ:L is a really good game and that was their first game under the Sony umbrella. Remember at one time ND was best known for creating one of the worst games ever made, Way of the Warrior. Since becoming part of Sony they're now one of the most respected teams in the industry.

Oh, I'm not implying Killzone 2 doesn't have the potential to be a great game. It will probably be better than the original, which I've always thought was held back by the hardware.

I'm just wondering why fans are so rabid about it. I know the PS3 needs system-selling exclusives, but you would think this was a sure-fire 9.5-ish sequel from a proven, blockbuster series the way fans are violently defending it.

Snah

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
Oh, I'm not implying Killzone 2 doesn't have the potential to be a great game. It will probably be better than the original, which I've always thought was likely held back by the hardware.

I'm just wondering why fans are so rabid about it. I know the PS3 needs system-selling exclusives, but you would think this was a sure-fire 9.5-ish sequel from a proven, blockbuster series the way fans are violently defending it.

Why so rabid about it? Because it looks so good, that's why.

The game could end up doing nothing special or new in terms of gameplay, but so long as it provides solid weapon balance, AI, and combat/gameplay scenarios then the amazing graphics, atmosphere, and story should be enough to carry this title to a very high status.

To put it in a different perspective, is there any reason why I shouldn't be excited about this game?

Snah said:
To put it in a different perspective, is there any reason why I shouldn't be excited about this game?

Well... yes. Like I said, the original was amazing in all aspects but the gameplay. Positive previews don't mean much. The original had lots of them too.

Hoping it will be great is one thing. Defending it like it's already proven itself is another. That's all I'm saying.

And a slightly off topic question: is Joris de Man providing the soundtrack for Killzone 2? I haven't read anything about that but I sure hope so.

Night_Trekker said:
Well... yes. Like I said, the original was amazing in all aspects but the gameplay. Positive previews don't mean much. The original had lots of them too.

Hoping it will be great is one thing. Defending it like it's already proven itself is another. That's all I'm saying.

And a slightly off topic question: is Joris de Man providing the soundtrack for Killzone 2? I haven't read anything about that but I sure hope so.
Well we have seen the game in motion, and read alot of previews.

Apparently it looks outstanding, and incorporates innovations that make the already outstanding gunplay even better.

This rumor would have some legs in it if not for the fact that we've already seen the game being played and read the previews. Considering that they didn't scrap most of the gameplay, it is going to be the FPS game to look out to in 2008.

pswii60

E0N said:
thedynamite007 said:
By the way why no offense why is it insomiac even with ashort dev time has the guts to show there game and it looks great already? Guys you have milions of dollars of funding, sony, and lots of personnel why is it that it is giving me an impression that you guys are struggling. Come on its 3 years already. Im soory but honeslty Im pissed already for waiting to long and still vague visions

We don't tell Insomniac how to market their games, and they don't tell us how to market ours. Given our rather unique relationship with the word 'Hype' I hope you'll excuse us if we're a little bit more careful about over-hyping the game than the next developer.

E0N is obviously a Killzone dev, taken from PS forums.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...2&thread.id=32&view=by_date_ascending&page=97

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I check these all now daily :lol

Dancing Queen posted more rumors

He was a Skaterboi, Viewers said See You Later Boy
1) Suikoden 6 is definitely coming to Wii, but it might not be a Wii exclusive game. Think Wii class hardware...

2) Geometry Wars 2 is definitely in the pipeline. It's just being given time to cook away from GW: Galaxies, which, for all intents and purposes, was GW2.
3) Alan Wake is seriously mindblowing. It does some really incredible things with the way the narrative is told.
4) Sony is pressuring Polyphony Digital big time to get GT5 out this year. Kaz did not want to put GT5P out last December because the product had tearing and framerate drops. It was definitely the messiest product Polyphony has ever put out.
5) KH3 is not in development. The KH team is busy with Versus, and three other teams are currently making other KH games.
6) More Sega Dreamcast classics are coming to XBLA.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
5) KH3 is not in development. The KH team is busy with Versus, and three other teams are currently making other KH games.

This one is pretty obvious.

No Means Nomad said:

OMIGODSOAWESOMEHEADSPLODE

18i4wp.png

Crazy Taxi XBLA! Chu Chu Rocket XBLA! Mars Matrix XBLA! BRING EM ON!

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
rumours said:
4) Sony is pressuring Polyphony Digital big time to get GT5 out this year. Kaz did not want to put GT5P out last December because the product had tearing and framerate drops. It was definitely the messiest product Polyphony has ever put out.
Whoever is posting these rumours obviously never plays games themselves, else they'd have the sense to avoid stupid hyperbole.
GT4P was a mess visually and content vise, popup galore, and performance was far from perfect as well, and it dropped online it promised completely. But hey if the rumour monger never saw it - or choses to forget to sound more controversial, it's all good right?
Hell even GT3 had 2-3 completely unfinished stages in there (I'm talking GT2000 visual level, with popup that PS1 games would be proud of), and that was a very polished, complete game.
PD games always had fantastic production values, but they were never shy to add things until last minute at expense of polish in some cases, but of course it all sounds better to talk how Sony is pressuring them Now, since the 'PS3 is dying' and all that stuff.

Snaku

Banned
Alaluef said:

This one is pretty obvious.

Obviously stupid. Does Square hate money? Fuck the spin offs and give people what they actually want: FFVII remake, KH3.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Snaku said:
Obviously stupid. Does Square hate money? Fuck the spin offs and give people what they actually want: FFVII remake, KH3.

??? you don't think versus would sell well? You're sorely mistaken.

Kittonwy

Banned
Fafalada said:
Whoever is posting these rumours obviously never plays games themselves, else they'd have the sense to avoid stupid hyperbole.
GT4P was a mess visually and content vise, popup galore, and performance was far from perfect as well, and it dropped online it promised completely. But hey if the rumour monger never saw it - or choses to forget to sound more controversial, it's all good right?
Hell even GT3 had 2-3 completely unfinished stages in there (I'm talking GT2000 visual level, with popup that PS1 games would be proud of), and that was a very polished, complete game.
PD games always had fantastic production values, but they were never shy to add things until last minute at expense of polish in some cases, but of course it all sounds better to talk how Sony is pressuring them Now, since the 'PS3 is dying' and all that stuff.

I wonder how much longer they're going to take with GT5.

tino

Banned
Dancing Queen is obvious a joke blog to parodize surfergirl. The rumor sound too much like a gaffer "list". You know what, I am calling it now, it's made by someone POST ON THIS THREAD.

As for Sk8terboi, I am not sure yet... maybe somebody wants to demage control the surfergirl rumor...

Teknoman

1) Suikoden 6 is definitely coming to Wii, but it might not be a Wii exclusive game. Think Wii class hardware...

Those bastards! The only feasible answer to that is PS2...which is sad because PS2 isnt Wii class hardware in the least bit...

This would be amazing. Especially offering live multiplayer with the titles. Daytona USA DC version better arrive there.

Snah

Banned
Teknoman said:

Those bastards! The only feasible answer to that is PS2...which is sad because PS2 isnt Wii class hardware in the least bit...

This would be amazing. Especially offering live multiplayer with the titles. Daytona USA DC version better arrive there.

It's closer to "Wii class hardware" than the Wii is to next-gen hardware, that's for sure.

ethelred

Teknoman said:

It could also mean PSP. A portable Suikoden VI would be pretty fantastic.

ksamedi

Teknoman said:

Or maybe DS. Its in the same class in terms of thought :)

1) Retro's next title is a Zelda spin-off, announcement could come around E3.
2) What's the worst game you have seen lately
That XBLA moose game, the Bullwinkle one.
3) The forthcoming Tron follow-up TRON (yes, both movies share the same name, although the new one is all caps) will be released in 3D (in addition to the normal release).
4) Where is Super Smash Bros. DS?
There was a prototype made ages ago, response was rather tepid, never went any further.
5) What is the best game coming out this year that you have played not from EA?
LittleBigPlanet

:0 at 1

Top Bottom