• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Teknoman said:
1) Suikoden 6 is definitely coming to Wii, but it might not be a Wii exclusive game. Think Wii class hardware...

Those bastards! The only feasible answer to that is PS2...which is sad because PS2 isnt Wii class hardware in the least bit...
PS2? Sure hope so, maybe this time they can have a decent budget.

Hey does anyone know what happened to Tempy?
I haven't seen that guy post in ages.

Mojovonio said:
I can see Killzone being seen as mediocre in R2's shadow.

I am actually quite amped for both I think KZ2 is going to impress in such a wholly different way.
And if any of the multiplayer rumors of KZ2 being kind of a ongoing global conflict are true or even
close it could be a very different and potentially epic multiplayer game.

Mojovonio

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I am actually quite amped for both I think KZ2 is going to impress in such a wholly different way.
And if any of the multiplayer rumors of KZ2 being kind of a ongoing global conflict are true or even
close it could be a very different and potentially epic multiplayer game.

I'm just going by what I know.

Resistance >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone

and Ratchet and Clank:Future is the best looking game I have ever played. And I played Uncharted!

Bluemercury said:
5) What is the best game coming out this year that you have played not from EA?
LittleBigPlanet

2n7gvie.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Y2Kev said:
I check these all now daily :lol

:lol :lol :lol I'm pretty sure most of this crap is bogus, especially from the 2 new blogs, but I can't help myself.

gotta berieve

Night_Trekker said:
Oh, I'm not implying Killzone 2 doesn't have the potential to be a great game. It will probably be better than the original, which I've always thought was held back by the hardware.

I'm just wondering why fans are so rabid about it. I know the PS3 needs system-selling exclusives, but you would think this was a sure-fire 9.5-ish sequel from a proven, blockbuster series the way fans are violently defending it.

Are they? I think there is too many unfounded rumours trying to belittle Guerrilla Games and put a negative spin on KZ2, despite how their first in-game demonstration was an eye-opener.

schuelma said:
:lol :lol :lol I'm pretty sure most of this crap is bogus, especially from the 2 new blogs, but I can't help myself.

gotta berieve

At this point one of the new ones has probably been started by someone here. So who's the ABBA fan?

Mojovonio said:
I'm just going by what I know.

Resistance >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone

and Ratchet and Clank:Future is the best looking game I have ever played. And I played Uncharted!

Yeah absolutely gorgeous I was more blown away consistently by Uncharted but man I was amazed by Ratchet for sure.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Didn't SG say previously that retro was working on a new ip? Now they are doing a zelda spinoff?

Teknoman

Eteric Rice said:
Well, hopefully if Suikoden VI is Wii/PS2/PSP they at least build the game ground up on the Wii and port it down.

Seriously, im getting sick of this port from PS2 to Wii or Wii to PS2 and PSP crap. It's even happened with Nitrobike. At least when the Xbox had games ported down to the PS2, the games usually looked and performed alot better on the Xbox.

I like the PS2 and the games it brought as much as the next person, but seriously...isnt it a bit much for it to still be getting games? Especially when it makes current gen game systems suffer.

Dever

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Didn't SG say previously that retro was working on a new ip? Now they are doing a zelda spinoff?
According to EGM, Miyaomoto killed that project, I think. It was going to be something like Twisted Metal.

Dascu

Dever said:
According to EGM, Miyaomoto killed that project, I think. It was going to be something like Twisted Metal.
That project was cancelled back when Nintendo acquired Retro to make Metroid Prime.

Madman

Teknoman said:
I like the PS2 and the games it brought as much as the next person, but seriously...isnt it a bit much for it to still be getting games? Especially when it makes current gen game systems suffer.
No. Why would developers ignore the largest selling console in history especially when it is still selling? It's not like last generation where all 3 consoles were much more powerful then the PS1/N64/Saturn. The Wii opened up the oppurtunity to developers to keep PS2 development alive and well for a long time since they can make games that will run on the Wii, PS2 and PSP which are all very similar/viable platforms.

Snah said:
From f.ishie:
He didn't say she actually is reporting something he said a year ago. He is just stating that he was of the same opinion a long time ago.

She is reporting something she has heard recently. You are just trying to damage control this. :lol

BruceWayneIII said:
Are they? I think there is too many unfounded rumours trying to belittle Guerrilla Games and put a negative spin on KZ2, despite how their first in-game demonstration was an eye-opener.

Go check the comments section on SurferGirl's KZ2 blog entry. The backlash is completely unreasonable.

Y2Kev said:

She said one Wii game, one DS game, IIRC.

schuelma said:

gotta berieve

Yeah I can't help myself either.

There's a lot of good stuff over in the comments section but it would take forever to copy and paste. One of the most interesting rumors she posted: Team ICO working on one game set in the ICO universe and "two other smaller titles".

Tideas

Banned
Ppl saying killzone is mediocre after R2 is the same as saying Gears is mediocre after Halo 3.

Or Bioshock is mediocre after Halo3

LJ11

Night_Trekker said:
There's a lot of good stuff over in the comments section but it would take forever to copy and paste. One of the most interesting rumors she posted: Team ICO working on one game set in the ICO universe and "two other smaller titles".

Didn't Shane hint about PSN Ueda games almost a year ago?

I'll admit I like reading this stuff, I love rumors/dirt, but sometimes I feel like anyone who listens to podcasts or reads GAF regularly can come up with some of this stuff. Skaterbois stuff is something any Gaffer could have put together.

Nevertheless, it's going to be fun seeing what they do get right.

Bluemercury said:
1) Retro's next title is a Zelda spin-off, announcement could come around E3.
2) What's the worst game you have seen lately
That XBLA moose game, the Bullwinkle one.
3) The forthcoming Tron follow-up TRON (yes, both movies share the same name, although the new one is all caps) will be released in 3D (in addition to the normal release).
4) Where is Super Smash Bros. DS?
There was a prototype made ages ago, response was rather tepid, never went any further.
5) What is the best game coming out this year that you have played not from EA?
LittleBigPlanet

:0 at 1

What in the sam hell?

tino

Banned
Doc Evils said:
What if surfer girl was...Shane?:lol

Shane would pretend he is hype for UT3^H^H^H KZ2 for a couple weeks and going to play fps for the first time in 10 years and then never actually complete the first level.

Lightning

Banned
Well, Surfer Girl is insistent that Star Ocean 4 is a PS3 exclusive and Square cannot ignore platform forever. So whenever this games platform gets announced will be if I bother reading anything more from her.

EON from Guerrilla Games:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
emotions wrote:

Hey EON just couple of Q

1. From what you have played of Killzone 2, would you say its an enjoyable and memorable experience?

2. What is your take on the Surfer girl rumours?

3. If you could describe the MP experience in one word, what would it be?

4. Will there be sand box type levels in Killzone 2?

thanks heaps man

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. That's definitely the target. I've had some damn fine moments playing on the LAN here, and I think the Single Player campaign is world class. Inevitably it will be up to each person to decide things like this for themselves, however.

2. Unprintable.

3. Exhausting!

4. No confirmation on multiplayer details at this time.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Surfer girl sure is getting desperate for the blog views, now her rumors aren't even remotely believable anymore. Yet people still fall for it!

ksamedi

grandjedi6 said:
Surfer girl sure is getting desperate for the blog views, now her rumors aren't even remotely believable. Yet people still fall for it!

I don't see how she's not believeble, everything she said has come true one way or another.

grandjedi6

ksamedi said:
I don't see how she's not believeble, everything she said has come true one way or another.

I am not going to get into this specific debate on what she has and hasn't been right on, again. I'm just going to pose the question, How could Surfer Girl know all this?

ksamedi

grandjedi6 said:
I am not going to get into this specific debate on what she has and hasn't been right on, again. I'm just going to pose the question, How could Surfer Girl know all this?

Does that really matter?

grandjedi6

ksamedi said:
Does that really matter?

Of Course, it's human nature to question why and how after all. Are you going to stand there everyday collecting water without wondering where it comes from and how it is made?

Nolan.

BruceWayneIII said:
EON from Guerrilla Games:

Has a dev ever come out and said anything like ''Actually the game is pretty crap and away from what it should be'' before a game is even released.?

Shiggy

grandjedi6 said:
Surfer girl sure is getting desperate for the blog views, now her rumors aren't even remotely believable. Yet people still fall for it!

How did she know that Fuse Games were working on a new Kirby game?

Busty

Banned
ksamedi said:

Hmmmm, yes and no. Again, she certainly had sources and they do give her solid info. However, she does get tips and stories e-mailled to her, and, as I've said before, that's when the wheels come off.

And while I wouldn't dismiss her KZ2 story out of hand (after all, for all we know it could be from her R2/Insomniac source) I would take it with a pinch of salt, especially owing to the specific numbers mentioned and the nature of the story.

Draft said:
Developers commenting on her rumors only grants her power.

Absolutely. Especially when she's getting mentioned on 1up Yours.

Now that we have 'Skater Boy' and 'Dancing Queen' adding to these blog wars, in the next few weeks these types of blogs are going to be springing up everywhere, from other 'insiders' and pure chancers alike.

And with everyone firing out their own conflicting news every week they are simply going to cancel each other out.

grandjedi6

Shiggy said:
How did she know that Fuse Games were working on a new Kirby game?

I'm surrendering that Surfer Girl obviously has some connections. But I can't fathom how she would know all of this or be able to spread it in a blog without getting shut down. Plus alot of her info comes from tips from other people, which aren't reliable.

I really do think Surfer girl is someone who had some connections to the video game industry. Then when she realized how popular it made her blog she revealed more will adding in fluff. Then she started to get tips from other sites and emails, but these weren't so accurate. Now as she goes on I think she is relying more and more on "fluff".

Hey, I'd thought I would post my questions and answers from Surfer Girl, there are some good ones (all releated to Nintendo though):

Hero of legend said...

Hey Surfer Girl!

1. Which developers is Nintendo looking to buy in the future?

2. Wil Zoonami develop retail games for the Wii?

3. Will Fuse Games develop retail games for the Wii?

4. Will Ambrella develop retail games for the Wii?

5. Any idea if Ambrella is owned by Nintendo? Second or First Party?

6. Does Ambrella have plans to develop non-Pokemon games?

That'll be all.

And don't forget the question numbers before the answers.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot....n-this-country-they.html#c8378700842209865309

Hero of legend said...

Oh, and I have another few questions in addition to my other ones:

7. Will there ever be a Billy Hatcher sequel on the Wii?

8. Is there any consideration from Sega on a possible Wii version of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2?

9. Any idea what genre Prope's Wii game is?

10. Is Prope's Wii game a family aimed game? Like Billy Hatcher and Sonic?

11. Is Aspect Co., ltd. developing for the Wii?

That's all (really)!

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot....n-this-country-they.html#c6884638263454631958

surfer girl said...

hero of legend: 1) None. 2) No. 3) No. 4) Not currently. 5) Second party. 6) Not that I know of. 7) Unlikely. 8) No. 9) Action. 10) "An adventure that is fun for the entire famly." 11) Likely.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot....in-this-country-they.html#c660560857772218871

grandjedi6

Hero of legend said:
Hey, I'd thought I would post my questions and answers from Surfer Girl, there are some good ones (all releated to Nintendo though):

Those were some horrible questions though. You might have as well asked her if the sun was coming up tomorrow :lol

Top Bottom