• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swag / Junk from Tokyo Game Show

Mike

I went to this while I'm in Japan, and had a pretty good time. It's no E3; the event is held in a large convention center that lets a lot of natural light in, giving the whole thing a weird look. Also, it's significantly smaller in terms of floor-space, and despite the fact that today was the "business day," excluding the general population, it was still overcrowded. Plus, uh... no Nintendo. I did play Ape Escape on the PSP briefly, and it controlled well, and I was struck by how beautiful the screen on the PSP is. Anyway, here's some pics of junk I picked up there:

Final Fantasy XI T-Shirt:

tgs3.jpg

Final Fantasy XI Clock:

tgs4.jpg

Befor Crisis Brochure:

tgs5.jpg

Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Ad:

tgs6.jpg

Kingdom Hearts Fan (It was hot and humid)

tgs7.jpg

PSP brochure:

tgs9.jpg

Cool MGS 3 Brochure looked like a record:

tgs11.jpg

Inside of MGS 3 brochure:

tgs13.jpg

Small Xbox brochure (their booth was pretty busy, actually)

tgs15.jpg

Finally, here's your Mithra shot:

tgs1a.jpg

Teddman

Nice photo report thread. I give it a thumbs up.

Konami gave away a similar "Metal Gear Solid album" at E3, but it contained a CD inside.

XS+

Banned
Are you a member of the press? If not, did you have any problems getting into the show?

And who had the most interesting/exciting booth overall at TGS? Last year I had to give that award to SNKP (for neat contests, fighting game tournaments, nice prizes and gifts, and cute booth babes)

Mike

XS+ said:
Are you a member of the press? If not, did you have any problems getting into the show?

And who had the most interesting/exciting booth overall at TGS? Last year I had to give that award to SNKP (for neat contests, fighting game tournaments, nice prizes and gifts, and cute booth babes)

I'm a member of the press, and I pre-registered, so I didn't have any problems getting in. The most exciting booth probably was the PSP booth, which had about 15-20 games playable. It was a pretty simple circle basically, with kiosks on the wall. Also, there were PR girls with PSP's who would let you play theirs. Second place was Square Enix, for all of their playable games (the Kingdom Hearts games) and the line for the Advent Children footage.

Mike

Sho Nuff said:
OH MY GOD the Shantotto thing is awesome. What is it!?

It's a very basic desk clock; I love the layout though. It's made out of plastic, and it sits about 5-6 inches tall. It's a funny character in the game, and sort of cool that they're recognizing it.

Top Bottom