• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch 2 this month according to Christopher Dring

SweetTooth

Gold Member
Somehow I would believe it if someone said you had this written on your wall in red paint. It sounds that crazy.

Nintendo uses the same ips but innovates new gameplay ideas constantly. Way more than anyone else and with constant success.

It sound crazy to you because you refuse to see the bias! Just like how Apple fans still thinks USB C was great innovation.

Nintendo in a nutshell:
- Low end hardware
- Online infrastructure thats 10 years behind everyone
- Copy pasted games that cater "mainly" to kids (Great gameplay)
- overwhelming media bias

You cant change my opinion 😆

saintjules

Gold Member
I honestly don't see the logic of releasing this info right before the holidays when it's almost surely 0% chance of coming out until 2025. But I guess we'll see. That's really my only opinion on it, makes sense to reveal sometime early next year. Other than that, I don't think it matters when.

Maybe they want their stock to go up. 🤷‍♂️

To be fair the Switch was announced on October 2016. So I guess for them they don't care about Holidays since they know it will be out by Spring 2025.

Sorcerer

Can't see why Nintendo would say anything about Switch 2, 3 months before Xmas. "Hey everybody, please hold off on any major Switch purchasing because something better is just down the line".
March at the earliest. to clear the air with those that did buy the old hardware.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It sound crazy to you because you refuse to see the bias! Just like how Apple fans still thinks USB C was great innovation.

Nintendo in a nutshell:
- Low end hardware

Apple fans had thunderbolt not just usbc. That's the kind of huge difference you don't understand. 🤫

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
And what makes it the best selling console? The games.
If it was as simple as the games then PS1 and PS2 would have sold twice as many consoles. Times have changed, and more people game, especially kids and families in general, which is why the Switch has sold so well as it is aimed at that market (and so happens to be portable as well - undoubtedly a genius move). But to use sales as an argument as something being the best is bullshit. There’s more to it than that. I can assure you that the best selling car, TV, musical instrument, etc., isn’t the best.

Woopah

What are the odds of it happening at TGS on the 26th

TGS
Emoji Thinking GIF
Won't be at TGS itself as Nintendo doesn't attend.
cris dingaling knows nothing he the guy who leak UK sales pretend insider I am known for my perdictions

w=368
He does attend industry events and have contacts there, so he's no "pretend insider". But that doesn't mean everything he hears from developers is accurate.

Hookshot

Gold Member
If it's backwards compatible then it might even drive game sales this Christmas. The Switch 1 will need a price drop though.

Woopah

Why disrupt their Christmas sales?
Only makes sense to me if they're give the current model a nice price cut ($100) to clear out inventory for the early new year launch.
I honestly don't see the logic of releasing this info right before the holidays when it's almost surely 0% chance of coming out until 2025. But I guess we'll see. That's really my only opinion on it, makes sense to reveal sometime early next year. Other than that, I don't think it matters when.

Maybe they want their stock to go up. 🤷‍♂️
Two main reasons I can think of are:

1. Allow third parties to announce their Switch 2 projects at TGS and the Game Awards
2.If Nintendo want to have enough stock, they need to start mass manufacturing in the not too distant future. And once they do that it will be very hard to stop any leaks.

I would be very surprised if Nintendo officially announce the Switch's successor this side of 2024 as doing so would surely affect sales of the current model in the run up to Christmas?

I mean if I wanted to buy a Switch now and found out that Switch 2 was coming out next Easter (2025) then I'd just choose to wait (that's assuming the Switch 2 is backward compatible, of course, otherwise I will not be buying the console at all!).

nani17

are in a big trouble
Won't be at TGS itself as Nintendo doesn't attend.

He does attend industry events and have contacts there, so he's no "pretend insider". But that doesn't mean everything he hears from developers is accurate.
You're right. Nintendo are never at TGS

Interfectum

Nintendo in a nutshell:
- Low end hardware

Sounds like you are playing games for all the wrong reasons. I love how you put "great gameplay" as a pejorative. Geforce 4090 didn't save Concord from being a fucking turkey did it?

Last edited:

Woopah

You're right. Nintendo are never at TGS
They used to have their own press events in October during the Wii/DS days, and before that they had Space World. But nowadays they just do Directs (and occasionally have something for The Game Awards).

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
My guess is they'll show it behind closed doors at TGS for press, and maybe an announcement in October.

Warspite

Its doesn't feel right for Nintendo to announce it right now. But then again this is Nintendo we are talking about :pie_thinking:

SweetTooth

Gold Member
Sounds like you are playing games for all the wrong reasons. I love how you put "great gameplay" as a pejorative. Geforce 4090 didn't save Concord from being a fucking turkey did it?
No it didn't, but also great gameplay is not exclusive to kiddy Nintendo games

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Fiscal year ends OCT 1. So we should hear something about it in Sept. But I would think something in Dec if they release in march.

Zacfoldor

Nintendo in a nutshell:
- Low end hardware

Bahahahahahaha!!!!

Great gameplay is LITERALLY the only thing that matters and why the games score 90+ lolol.

Concord and Astrobot Spider Man 2 Dark Souls 3 Marathon are totally not copy pasted, search, find, replace all, though. Not at all. Steam Deck is not copy/pasted at all.

You are saying Nintendo focuses on great gameplay and we agree. So does Valve.

If only everyone else would follow suit.

My brother, Nintendo will still be making games with superior gameplay on bespoke walled garden consoles for as long as they can manage it. This is very good for everyone. Why is it you resent them?

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Can someone put JPEGs of the Tweets?

It's blocked here in Brazil :messenger_crying:

Also, like I said before, it's a teaser in the last quarter, a trailer by the end of the year, launch by the end of fiscal year

Metroid Prime 4 will be a launch tittle and a new 3D Mario will come by the end of the year

LordNerevar76

Neo Member

Nintendo in a nutshell:
- Low end hardware

I thought these type of edgy 2007-era Nintendo opinions were dead. Guess not.

tmlDan

Everyone says Chris is a PS fanboy, but in reality he's a crazy Ninty fanboy who see's no faults in anything they do lol

id love a switch 2 asap tho, its desperately needed.

Last edited:

Woopah

Everyone says Chris is a PS fanboy, but in reality he's a crazy Ninty fanboy who see's no faults in anything they do lol

id love a switch 2 asap tho, its desperately needed.
I'm sure I've seen people say that Chris is a fanboy for/against all three manufacturers at some point or another when they don't like his sales analysis hahs

He has said that he aligns mostly with Nintendo though.

Sethbacca

Nintendo in a nutshell:
- Low end hardware

You forgot
- Most consistent quality gameplay experience 4 decades running.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If it was as simple as the games then PS1 and PS2 would have sold twice as many consoles. Times have changed, and more people game, especially kids and families in general, which is why the Switch has sold so well as it is aimed at that market (and so happens to be portable as well - undoubtedly a genius move). But to use sales as an argument as something being the best is bullshit. There’s more to it than that. I can assure you that the best selling car, TV, musical instrument, etc., isn’t the best.

I agree that sales can’t always be used to determine what’s the best, and even then it’s entirely subjective.

I’m saying consoles don’t just sell for no reason. It’s the games that drive sales, and Switch hasn’t outsold everyone else just because. Sony and Sega both tried and failed to compete against Nintendo in the portable market.
It is 1,000% about having the games people want to play the most. We can pretend that PSone and PS2 would’ve magically beat Switch in a fantasy scenario, but in the real world Animal Crossing alone blows away every Sony franchise easily.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Also because it is the only option available for kids, and the only handheld option for the mass market (yes, I am excluding those ugly PC bricks that cost 500+ $).

Other companies have tried and failed to win the handheld market.

As for handheld PCs, what’s amusing is they’re ergonomically designed well. It’s actually the Switch that’s built like a brick.

Last edited:
I still do not own a Switch because I waited for the "Pro". Same with PS5.

Since it seems to be a new console I need details to know what to do.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
I agree that sales can’t always be used to determine what’s the best, and even then it’s entirely subjective.

I’m saying consoles don’t just sell for no reason. It’s the games that drive sales, and Switch hasn’t outsold everyone else just because. Sony and Sega both tried and failed to compete against Nintendo in the portable market.
It is 1,000% about having the games people want to play the most. We can pretend that PSone and PS2 would’ve magically beat Switch in a fantasy scenario, but in the real world Animal Crossing alone blows away every Sony franchise easily.
I was nodding my head in relative agreement until you mentioned Animal Crossing vs every Sony franchise. I don’t even know where to start with that one. I can only assume you mean sales?

What I will say is that Sony didn’t rely on 1st party games - I’d argue that MGS, GTA and Resident Evil etc., were the games that Most people will have the fondest memories of. It’s the complete opposite on Ninty platforms.

On that point, Sony (and MS) have massive sellers such as GTAV and Elden Ring, so it’s swings and roundabouts really.

Top Bottom