• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch 2 this month according to Christopher Dring

AngelMuffin

It sound crazy to you because you refuse to see the bias! Just like how Apple fans still thinks USB C was great innovation.

Nintendo in a nutshell:
- Low end hardware
- Online infrastructure thats 10 years behind everyone
- Copy pasted games that cater "mainly" to kids (Great gameplay)
- overwhelming media bias

You cant change my opinion šŸ˜†
Canā€™t change a troll-like ā€œopinionā€ like this. So youā€™re saying youā€™d rather play Concord on high end hardware vs Metroid Prime 4 in relatively low end hardware? Cool, have at it.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Seems weird to announce before holiday shopping. Think of the 7 year old kids and the people who buy them presents. Should I get them a Switch or wait for a Switch 2? What benefit do they gain from announcing this early?

Don't get me wrong, I want to know the details.

Mownoc

Seems weird to announce before holiday shopping. Think of the 7 year old kids and the people who buy them presents. Should I get them a Switch or wait for a Switch 2? What benefit do they gain from announcing this early?

Well it would be par for the course for Nintendo console reveals. Their last 4 consoles (Switch, WiiU, 3DS, Wii) all had a holiday season between their announcement and release. I agree it seems a bit weird but they also can't just announce it super late if they want the announcement to be on their own terms. The closer the system gets to release the greater chance all the info just leaks out there anyway.

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Gold Member
Canā€™t change a troll-like ā€œopinionā€ like this. So youā€™re saying youā€™d rather play Concord on high end hardware vs Metroid Prime 4 in relatively low end hardware? Cool, have at it.
I didn't say a single word about software or games but somehow you assumed I did.

Yet you didn't debunk a single point I said because they are Facts.

Woopah

They need to announce before mass production begins. Also third parties have to be able to announce their Switch 2 games at some point.

Warspite

Well it would be par for the course for Nintendo console reveals. Their last 4 consoles (Switch, WiiU, 3DS, Wii) all had a holiday season between their announcement and release. I agree it seems a bit weird but they also can't just announce it super late if they want the announcement to be on their own terms. The closer the system gets to release the greater chance all the info just leaks out there anyway.

In all fairness I don think the Switch announcement was going to impact WiiU sale or the Wii announcement impacting gamecube sales, a lot of that had dried up already. Even at the end of its life the switch is still selling and even if it does start to struggle a price cut could help shift whats left of its current stock over the Christmas period.

But you are right in that Nintendo will do the announcement for the switch 2 when it wants to do it and it might not make sense.

Hopefully they'll start supporting Netflix and Disney+ on their next platform. Maybe that's still too early for Nintendo, they take their time with technology that isn't quite proven, yet.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Anyone buying a Switch this late in the game doesnā€™t care about the Switch 2.
They might if they heard about it. Think gift givers who know little about games hearing that the 300 gift they are considering for their nephew will be obsolete in a few months. It wont kill many sales but it will kill some.

Banjo64

cumsessed
If Nintendo announce this within the next week, donā€™t do anything ludicrous with the price and put together a great announcement direct with footage from the next 3D Mario, Mario Kart etc they have the opportunity to deliver a huge blow to Sony in the PR wars.

It sound crazy to you because you refuse to see the bias! Just like how Apple fans still thinks USB C was great innovation.

Nintendo in a nutshell:
- Low end hardware
- Online infrastructure thats 10 years behind everyone
- Copy pasted games that cater "mainly" to kids (Great gameplay)
- overwhelming media bias

You cant change my opinion šŸ˜†

Define ā€œcopy-pastedā€ games, because otherwise youā€™re just posting nonsense and being deliberately inflammatory for no good reason.

If it's backwards compatible then it might even drive game sales this Christmas. The Switch 1 will need a price drop though.
The days of price drops on consoles is over. Has been this way for 5-7 years. I donā€™t know how or why people still canā€™t seem to understand this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom