• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

Congrats on breaking the barrier and taking 7th place.

The current #10 in my bracket has 3633724 points. But I expect that to move rather quickly - I've already been bumped down to #9.

Is the 2-for-1 parry coming off of a 5* parry, or any parry? If it's off of any parry, I might bump Freegeo off the team and replace him with YRain. Only three of the players above me are using 5* characters. Stunners are considerably more common. The current #3 (about 4.3 mil) is showing off by only using two characters: YRain and a water Leafa that I don't recognize (her outfit is a dark two-piece).

Normal parry. If you do it off a 5* SS3, you get 2.5 SS3. This Vid is a nice example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOAdjqyQ_10

Fuckng hell. It took me forever to get just 1. I need 10? UGH.

Generally you get them as either ranking rewards, points rewards and missions. Generally (spread across 2 ranking events) Top 2 get a full Lvl100 character, 3rd gets about Lvl 90 Top 10 Lvl 85. Getting all the mission rewards generally gets you 1 or 2 more LBs.

Yui last month required top 10 in the one ranking event, and clearing every mission. The tower event provided 25 tickets, but getting that 25 was fairly hard.

0 for 2 on the step up scout, not even a 4*. I really hope my 1150 MDs don't only give me that 1 guaranteed 5*.

Bad pull streaks are the worst in any gatcha game. 0 for 3 in the step up banner now. Maybe complaining on GAF will help. Also my whale bracket is amazing (and scary), since I got kicked to 11th now with 4.2M and we are only halfway through. Seems like everyone has 2x 5* and Lvl 100 4*.

W-00

I did not know this before today, but there's a second guaranteed 4* weapon multipull. And it only costs a single diamond.

This time it only gave me a single 4*, but it's actually a good one that I put to immediate use: Courage, OSuna's original rapier. I gave it to PirAsuna. This makes Freegeo/PirAsuna/SFLeafa the first team I've fielded completely loaded out with 4* weapons.

I also got my fourth 3* Petra Twins, so I was able to evolve them. So if I should ever happen to roll an earth element lance-user, I'll have a weapon for them. Though I suppose Premiere's would still probably be better.

Gatcha luck is just so swingy in this game. I was 0 for 3 for multipulls (so kind of below average), and the next gave 2 5* and a 4* (Asuna, Sinon and Swimsuit Yuuki), so my luck jumped all the way to above average for the banner. The same thing happened for Summer Fest, 0 for 3 before getting all 3 wind units in one go on the 4th pull. Maybe I need to save up 1000 MD before I go pulling on any step up banners if the game likes to troll me like this.

Now I have the most first world of first world problems for a F2Per. 250 on the step up gives a guaranteed 5* (or 100 hacking crystals), 250 on the anniversary guaranteed banner gives me at least 2 4* and maybe more. I'm close to out of diamonds (100 left after doing both guaranteed weapon scouts, first R4 gun and rod, so not too bad if not immediately useful). I can also do non guaranteed weapon scouts since I could use any of the anniversary weapons.

Asuna is the one I really wanted from the banner, and I got her, and have her R5 armour ready to go, only have off element R4 for her though. Kirito and leafa would be nice to have, since the only Kirito i have is SD Kirito, but I'm already pretty happy with the banner pulls. Can I really pass up a guaranteed 5 * scout though? Same for the anniversary, I'm set for neutral, wind, water and dark elements, and horribly weak for the other 3 (like bride sinon only for holy, Yuna for earth level kind of weak). So those guaranteed 4*s could be really helpful or totally not needed.

Still, first world problems, better than grumbling about going 5 steps and only getting the guaranteed 5*.

W-00

Congrats on the pulls, Draggyrider.

Asuna is the one I really wanted from the banner, and I got her, and have her R5 armour ready to go, only have off element R4 for her though. Kirito and leafa would be nice to have, since the only Kirito i have is SD Kirito, but I'm already pretty happy with the banner pulls. Can I really pass up a guaranteed 5 * scout though? Same for the anniversary, I'm set for neutral, wind, water and dark elements, and horribly weak for the other 3 (like bride sinon only for holy, Yuna for earth level kind of weak). So those guaranteed 4*s could be really helpful or totally not needed.

You can wait to make that decision. The Step-Up Scout will be around for the rest of the month, and the Guaranteed 4* Scout will be around until the end of October. We'll probably be getting the enhanced 5* banner on the 8th. You can wait until at least then to make your decision.

In your position I would be unable to resist the guaranteed 5* and 4*s. But I haven't rolled on the Step-Up at all yet and only have enough diamonds for the first step, so my odds of getting anything from it right now are pretty low. I figure that I probably have two or three of the characters that will be enhanced (OSuna, SF Leafa, and maybe YRain), so there's no immediate need for me to chase these 5*s. Once the enhanced characters are confirmed, then I'll decide whether to chase the Step-Up or roll to get weapons.

W-00

Is it possible for me to still get Asuna's R5 outfit?

If you''re patient, it should be. Her outfit isn't listed as a limited item, so I wouldn't expect them to stop offering it. But it takes more than one tower's worth of material to exchange for that many.

Is it possible for me to still get Asuna's R5 outfit?

You need crystals for Asuna's R4 outfit, and you get a few every few floors in the tower event. I believe you get 10 total for clearing floor 60, and another 10 for clearing floor 100. You need 5 R4 to make an R5, so 2 1/2 towers in generally assuming you can clear them all the way.

Depending on your units, skill and willingness to try try again, this can either be sort of a fun challenge, or the worst grind on earth. The current tower is supposed to be for beginners, so the 20 floors released aren't too bad, but lvl 80-100 can be pretty tough. The easiest way to get through the tower is to pull some of the 'immortal' units from schoolgirl, raindrop or summer festival banners. These have a shield that reduces damage by a lot, self healing, and also not drop combo when hit, so they can facetank though most things.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You need crystals for Asuna's R4 outfit, and you get a few every few floors in the tower event. I believe you get 10 total for clearing floor 60, and another 10 for clearing floor 100. You need 5 R4 to make an R5, so 2 1/2 towers in generally assuming you can clear them all the way.

Depending on your units, skill and willingness to try try again, this can either be sort of a fun challenge, or the worst grind on earth. The current tower is supposed to be for beginners, so the 20 floors released aren't too bad, but lvl 80-100 can be pretty tough. The easiest way to get through the tower is to pull some of the 'immortal' units from schoolgirl, raindrop or summer festival banners. These have a shield that reduces damage by a lot, self healing, and also not drop combo when hit, so they can facetank though most things.

I pulled swimsuit Yuuki and Leo Sinon with my pulls would that help? My 4* include OSuna, OSLiz, Swimsuit Yuuki, Leo Sinon, White Knight Eugeo, and I also have 5* Kirito and 5* Asuna.

I pulled swimsuit Yuuki and Leo Sinon with my pulls would that help? My 4* include OSuna, OSLiz, Swimsuit Yuuki, Leo Sinon, White Knight Eugeo, and I also have 5* Kirito and 5* Asuna.

Hmm, based on this unit list, its theoretically possible, but its going to be really hard. Do you have any freebie 4* / 3* healers? The Free Rechka/Yuna/Earth Asuna are all pretty good for tower if you have them. Your units are great for DPS and ranking, I don't see many that can heal. Also I'm not sure on your gear status, if you want to climb to 100, all those units need 4* armor and accessories and at least R3 gatcha weapons, and you can't swap gear around in tower.

Still this is a marathon and not a sprint and you have plenty of time. Its going to take 3 tower events at minimum either way, so try to get to 60 for this one, and 100 for the other 2, and since we get them once a month (or more), you should have time to gear up accordingly.

Breaking down your units:

Self healing (2):
  • OSuna
  • OS Liz

These 2 can probably clear 2 rounds each solo if you are careful. OS Liz is amazing for tower due to her tankiness since she can block just about everything without worrying about guard break. Bosses at high levels can still be a threat since they might get 2 or 3 shotted so you have to be careful.

No self heal (3):
  • Swimsuit Yuuki
  • Leo Sinon
  • White Knight Eugeo
2 Water types and a Fire. Yuuki has a shield which will help a little. But you would want to pair them with a 3* healer to be safe (you can switch them in between stages to heal in peace) Each pair is probably good for another 2 stages each

5* (2):
  • Kirito
  • Asuna
No one knows how good or bad they are in Tower, but its more about survivability then DPS (S rank is 3 plus minutes for Lvl 100, and I took 10 minutes to be safe last time). They have stand by healing, so I would pair them with OS who can tank while the 5* heal. Probably good for the hard bosses.

Not going to lie, its going to be tough. You probably have 10 stages per rest point, so you can barely make it (assuming you have the healers). You'll need perfect execution so any failures/ deaths (no retry in tower, not even for MDs) means starting all over again. Your units mostly don't have self heal (since OS will probably be saved for bosses), so you need to concentrate for every stage. To figure out what that is like, try the hardest ALO story mission (on Hard mode) vs mobs you can access with one 4* + 3 * healer. Then fight the ranking Master +2 (damage taken and time doesn't really matter as long as you don't die). You'll need to do that 5 times consecutively XD.

Still like I said, you have time, aim to pull on banners with self healing. Tower events usually come with the immortal units I mentioned and they usually get 3 departures + elemental advantage, so if you manage to get 1, it makes your life much much easier. Also R5 armor is nice for ranking if you care about that, but the R4 armor is pretty crappy to be honest. If we are talking about OS Asuna, R5 is basically OS Armor + a few hundred ATK and 3% ATK battle skill, DEF wise its about the same. the R4 armor has less DEF than OS and no atk buffs, so its worse than OS in every way (except that the +MP works for everybody). So save those crystals and don't swap till you have 50 to get the R5

kayos90

Alright. Thanks for the response. Is there a list of healer units? I've never used healing. Only dps.

W-00

Alright. Thanks for the response. Is there a list of healer units? I've never used healing. Only dps.

This is a good list of units that can provide team healing. Basically, every rod user and Tropical Yuna.

As for individual healing, there are those that heal gradually and those that heal in a single burst. The former group includes the OS units, the Summer trio (composed of Sugu, Liz, and Philia, I believe) and possibly Maid Rain (my sources are inconsistent). The latter includes Sailor Uniform, Rainy Day, Summer Festa, Bride, and the second beach banner. The original SAO Silica also has a self-heal SS3, but I'm not sure of its details. Oh, and I think the original Eugeo and Alice heal themselves, but again, I'm not sure of the details.

Yup there's 4 3* healers you can use. Also don't look down on the free 4*s from events. AR Yuna is pretty good in the tower, esp against slimes. Rechka can solo the golem stages herself, freeing up OS Liz for other duties.

For now though, just concentrate on the ranking. Based on your units you should be able to get top 10/20 and break 1 min. That should get you at least 10 tickets, enough for Heathcliff to use in the tower.

Also, burst of activity in my ranked bracket, as everyone is trying to avoid being placed 11th. Number 10 is a whopping 4.45M points. 5th to 10th is only separated by a measly 4s (0:44 - 0:48). The 5*s got me to 4th place at 0:41. 3rd is 0:38. I can maybe catch him if I trade for Asuna's weapon and LB Rain to 100, but will probably conserve the resources. Though those 6 ppl below are getting uncomfortably close...

kayos90

Yup there's 4 3* healers you can use. Also don't look down on the free 4*s from events. AR Yuna is pretty good in the tower, esp against slimes. Rechka can solo the golem stages herself, freeing up OS Liz for other duties.

For now though, just concentrate on the ranking. Based on your units you should be able to get top 10/20 and break 1 min. That should get you at least 10 tickets, enough for Heathcliff to use in the tower.

Also, burst of activity in my ranked bracket, as everyone is trying to avoid being placed 11th. Number 10 is a whopping 4.45M points. 5th to 10th is only separated by a measly 4s (0:44 - 0:48). The 5*s got me to 4th place at 0:41. 3rd is 0:38. I can maybe catch him if I trade for Asuna's weapon and LB Rain to 100, but will probably conserve the resources. Though those 6 ppl below are getting uncomfortably close...

I'm sitting around 24. I'm having trouble breaking into the teens.

I'm sitting around 24. I'm having trouble breaking into the teens.

What are your weapons like? Assuming you have R4s weapons and fully upgraded your skillslots and farmed 3 R4 ranking accessory, you have a good chance of <55s run. Pick your best DPS char together with the 2 5*s. then go Parry -> 5*SS3 -> DPSer SS3 -> Dodge -> Parry -> other 5* SS3 -> DPSer SS3 -> Dodge -> Parry other 5* SS3 etc etc

Skill sots to prioritise for your 5 * are 1 level of combo window, the ATK ones that don't need essence, battle healing Lvl 2 (to regen MP for the 3rd SS3), Skill damage up

kayos90

What are your weapons like? Assuming you have R4s weapons and fully upgraded your skillslots and farmed 3 R4 ranking accessory, you have a good chance of <55s run. Pick your best DPS char together with the 2 5*s. then go Parry -> 5*SS3 -> DPSer SS3 -> Dodge -> Parry -> other 5* SS3 -> DPSer SS3 -> Dodge -> Parry other 5* SS3 etc etc

Skill sots to prioritise for your 5 * are 1 level of combo window, the ATK ones that don't need essence, battle healing Lvl 2 (to regen MP for the 3rd SS3), Skill damage up

I don't have the combo skills since i don't have void medallions. i'm using the R4 weapons and R4 accessories. In all honesty, I'm having trouble beating this guy in 1 min cuz I don't do enough damage.

Also when does ranking end?

Also, how worth is it to use my medium essence to get void medallions? or is it worth saving for something else.

kayos90

Oh. i farmed some medallions and did a few runs. After a few dozen I got placed 4th. Woot?

bAmNPm4_d.jpg

Oh. i farmed some medallions and did a few runs. After a few dozen I got placed 4th. Woot?

bAmNPm4_d.jpg

Nicely done! Judging by the score, barely under a minute? As you probably found out, keeping a combo going for the whole fight is a giant boost to your damage, which is why combo window is so important. And its an awesome feeling when you finally nail that one run. All those runs probably let you finish the point rewards as well. So seems like you are well on your way to get Heathcliff and a possible LB. Ranking ends in less than day, so don't forget to get those point rewards.

On the stardust, medium so far is only used for rainbow essence (which you should grab all available) and medallions. I'm a hoarder and tend to only spend on essence, and farm medallions when possible. I usually use them on medallions only when I'm in a rush, like if I just got a new character and need to unlock their skillslots for an ranking or event thats ending soon, or if the medallion is not farmable right now. I got pretty used to killing griffins (< 30s solo EX), so I just farm that for daily missions when theres nothing going on.

kayos90

Nicely done! Judging by the score, barely under a minute? As you probably found out, keeping a combo going for the whole fight is a giant boost to your damage, which is why combo window is so important. And its an awesome feeling when you finally nail that one run. All those runs probably let you finish the point rewards as well. So seems like you are well on your way to get Heathcliff and a possible LB. Ranking ends in less than day, so don't forget to get those point rewards.

On the stardust, medium so far is only used for rainbow essence (which you should grab all available) and medallions. I'm a hoarder and tend to only spend on essence, and farm medallions when possible. I usually use them on medallions only when I'm in a rush, like if I just got a new character and need to unlock their skillslots for an ranking or event thats ending soon, or if the medallion is not farmable right now. I got pretty used to killing griffins (< 30s solo EX), so I just farm that for daily missions when theres nothing going on.

Cool. Quick question. Is there a point in me trying at all for 3rd? It seems like you get more VIP tickets but other than that I don't seem to need to do anymore ranking now

Cool. Quick question. Is there a point in me trying at all for 3rd? It seems like you get more VIP tickets but other than that I don't seem to need to do anymore ranking now

Its really depends on how close you are to 3rd and also how far you are from 10th. Remember its 9 tickets for top 10 and 14 for 3rd. Since its 10 tix per Heathcliff, 3rd puts you much closer to a Lvl 90 Heathcliff. Depending to how free they are with the tickets, 2x top 10 may leave you a couple of tix short of lvl 90. That said, Lvl 85 is the important level.. many of the free units have a skill slot that unlocks at 85 that makes them go from ok to pretty good. For example, Sachi and the other SD units get combo window at 85, while Swimsuit Yuna makes her invulnerable during her SS3 making it great for dodging unparriable attacks. 3rd means Lvl 85 is pretty assured unless you really really screw up.

So just check the timing 3rd has, and if you can realistically beat it without spending too many resources. E.g if its close and you missed a couple of parries on your best run, I might just try to see how close I can get. But if its like you did everything perfectly and still 20s off so you need to spend a couple of hundred of hacking crystals, i'll just save resources for the next event that comes along. That 5 tix basically means half a heathcliff or a top 20 in the next ranking though, so its good insurance for bad luck. Don't forget that other people have resources they may be using for a last second push themselves.

As a F2P i don't mind getting 4th (happens more often than I would have liked, like 4 times), but I understand that speed wise theres close to zero chance I have against dedicated whales. But waking up to see yourself tumble from 7th to 11th really sucks, so improving your timing never hurts to protect you from snipers (Snipers are people who wait until the last second to register a good score to prevent the people they overtake from improving their score before ranking ends) I like to check who in the ranking can probably improve their score to overtake me just to see how much safety margin I have.

kayos90

Got it. What do I even need for a 5* Heathcliff? The event notes and stuff was not made very clear to me.

EDIT: 3rd is at 42 seconds. I'm at 51 seconds. It's very rough to get anything below that because I'm literally doing everything perfect. Dodging everything, keeping the combo chain going, parrying everything. Idk what more I can do.

I have no idea. My guess is its the cross sword upgrade crystal in the ranking rewards and you'll need 5 of them. it may be 10, but i doubt it since it makes the 3 and 2 given out for top 20 and 50 kind of worthless. Alternatively, since the 2 big things about 5* are the leader skill and the combo SS3, maybe 5 for one skill slot and 5 for another.

Saw your edit. Based on your team comp, you may want to switch the way you switch SS3s to take advantage of the 10 % bonus from the favored partner unit. so start with 5* Asuna SS3 -> Kirito SS3, build up mana on Kirito then Kirito -> OS Asuna. Also OS Asuna recently got a skill slot to increase her SS3 damage, so that might help too. But yeah 9 secs is a lot. There's always a limit based on your team comp and equipment. Other random thoughts: test out Swimsuit Yuuki SS3 to see if does more than OS Asuna, since her shield means you can tank a hit and attack more to increase combo count.

kayos90

Saw your edit. Based on your team comp, you may want to switch the way you switch SS3s to take advantage of the 10 % bonus from the favored partner unit. so start with 5* Asuna SS3 -> Kirito SS3, build up mana on Kirito then Kirito -> OS Asuna. Also OS Asuna recently got a skill slot to increase her SS3 damage, so that might help too. But yeah 9 secs is a lot. There's always a limit based on your team comp and equipment. Other random thoughts: test out Swimsuit Yuuki SS3 to see if does more than OS Asuna, since her shield means you can tank a hit and attack more to increase combo count.

I think part of it is honestly the gear. At the home stretch, I don't have enough mana for a last string of SS3s so that easily adds 5-10 seconds. Otherwise, I would have 45 seconds easy.

Kitoro

I'm just coming back after a long hiatus. I have a level 100 OS Asuna with her weapon and gear, same with OS Kirito. I also pulled the spear wielding Sinon. I see they all got special upgrades, but are they getting upgrades to 5*, too?

Thanks!

W-00

I managed to get up to 350+ diamonds yesterday, so I was unable to resist taking the first step on the 5* banner (350 was significant because I wanted at least enough to make a weapon pull remaining). I figured that I had 40 hacking crystals, so even in the worst-case scenario I'd at least be able to limit-break my SF Leafa again to help with the ranking event.

And... well... I had two hacking crystals left over after I limit broke her. I should've rolled on the Sinon birthday banner for discount hacking crystals after all!

I'm just coming back after a long hiatus. I have a level 100 OS Asuna with her weapon and gear, same with OS Kirito. I also pulled the spear wielding Sinon. I see they all got special upgrades, but are they getting upgrades to 5*, too?

Thanks!

We don't know yet, but I expect that OS Asuna is as close to being guaranteed for the upgrade as a character can get without being Rainy Rain. I personally believe OS Kirito also stands a strong chance of getting the upgrade simply because he's at the top of the list and there is a statistically-significant amount of people who care enough to vote but don't care enough to do more than select the top option. I haven't seen anyone arguing for your Sinon, so I doubt she'll get the upgrade.

chrono01

Looks like we're getting another step-up anniversary banner, with Eugeo/Alice.

Honestly, this anniversary so far as been really subpar. We got a floor-clearing event, which there's nothing really special about it, as well as ranking event (again, typical). We have the daily quest where we can battle the SAO characters, but we get only one per day (for a total of a month) that awards 300 MD for all of them (only enough for a little more than one 10+1 pull). Aside from that, no MD daily logins or anything, aside from the first five days which gave us a 5* Eugeo, 25 (I believe?) MD, and some anniversary crystals. Meanwhile, they're flooding us with guaranteed banners and not nearly enough farmable MD for the anniversary event to make use of them. Oh, but don't worry, there's several MD sales going on, just spend some money!

I dunno, things might change but as of right now, it seems pretty bare. Great if you have a surplus of MD or don't mind IAP'ing, though.

Looks like we're getting another step-up anniversary banner, with Eugeo/Alice.

Honestly, this anniversary so far as been really subpar. We got a floor-clearing event, which there's nothing really special about it, as well as ranking event (again, typical). We have the daily quest where we can battle the SAO characters, but we get only one per day (for a total of a month) that awards 300 MD for all of them (only enough for a little more than one 10+1 pull). Aside from that, no MD daily logins or anything, aside from the first five days which gave us a 5* Eugeo, 25 (I believe?) MD, and some anniversary crystals. Meanwhile, they're flooding us with guaranteed banners and not nearly enough farmable MD for the anniversary event to make use of them. Oh, but don't worry, there's several MD sales going on, just spend some money!

I dunno, things might change but as of right now, it seems pretty bare. Great if you have a surplus of MD or don't mind IAP'ing, though.

Can't really disagree with that. Its a pretty nice line-up for an ordinary month, but I thought it would be grander for an anniversary. Compared to April Fools where they had a custom intro, custom scouts & profiles, this seems much lower key. If they have to do a 5*, they should do them properly. Maybe a cool animation when you visit their profile like idol banner, custom animations. Instead they just got a new picture and SS3. If they wanted to reuse the old sprites for the classic look, let the outclassed start dash characters evolve to 5*, and give that to the existing chars for free (and no, I'm not saying that just cause I have ALO Leafa). We did get some nice stuff though.

The good
  • Range weapon rework (1/2 out) Bow dodge, gun parry and Staff Shields seems pretty cool and maybe we get a meta where ranged users get a place.
  • Sword and shield. Another new weapon type to play with soon. Emphasis on guarding seems neat.
  • Free characters. Can't complain about 2 new chars with combo window and decent stats.
  • Guaranteed scouts. Guarantees are always good. and its a 2 for 1 for both the weapon and the char scout.

The bad
  • Ranking and tower are pretty standard. Reverse defense war is new, but kind of small scale
  • Guilds. Mostly useless right now, hopefully they get more useful in the future. And guild rankings make me sceptical of super whale guilds dominating everything.

The Maybe
  • 5* Characters. Combi SS3's are a cool mechanic, but I didn't feel they need to make them 5 * just for that. Hopefully it doesn't herald a new era of power creep. Would love for 5* to be anniversary only.
  • Master + 2. I'm ok with a bigger challenge, but widening the gap between whales and non-whales isn't good, so hopefully its 4* plus skill and not need 5* stats.

Random thought of the day: If 4* are still viable and not totally power-creeped by 5*, does that mean SAO has better rates than FGO right now? 4% 4* + 2% 5* > 4% 4* + 1% 5*. Also, we have effectively 6% chance of rolling a good unit now compared to 4% last time if 4*s are viable.

W-00

I hope no one here is waiting to tackle all the September character quests at the end of the month. Apparently only seven will ever be available at once, meaning the oldest will disappear tonight.

So, you know, clear them while you can.

Also, I'm very pleased with the new Alice and Eugeo 5* banner. I don't want them, so I can finally get back to saving diamonds. Considering that they also have a guaranteed 5* at Step 5, I think this is an indication that the smart move will now be to have 1000+ diamonds ready for a banner you really want.

Quiet Anniversary so far, not much to do besides farming. That said the Guild Combo mission ends today/tmr, so make sure you do it for the free MDs.

Seems like a lot of things are dropping tmr, wish they spaced it out a bit better. We getN Next few floors of tower, New difficulty for offensive war (that hopefully actually drops moondust), Master +1 for Hermit Crab for an hour (for VIP tix and upgrade crystals).

MD wise, my stash went back to 500. Probably pull the weapon gatcha a couple of times for Asuna's rapier, and use 200 for Step 5 in the banner. We also have a whole bunch of birthday scouts coming up for Asuna, Silica and Kirito, not sure if I want to pull those. On one hand, they are really cheap, on the other hand, they probably aren't so good anymore.

W-00

Looks like I'm going to miss out on the guild-based coop mission diamonds. I've been trying all day to get folks from my guild to coop, but I haven't gotten any responses.

Unless one of the NA players here is in a guild with an empty slot and would be willing to help me out, maybe?

In other news, I believe it's just over three-and-a-half hours until the first of the limited M+1 times starts. I wonder what the correct ratio of supertank, DPS, stun, and buff/debuff will be to win in the time alotted.

EDIT: Well, it took surprisingly few tries to get under 45 seconds. I think I managed to provide parry/debuff with PirAsuna and general DPS. I tried to provide stunning with YRain as well, but I don't think I got in enough hits with her SS3 to stun the enemy. That was probably my teammates' doing. It was hard to tell with everything going on at once.

Looks like I'm going to miss out on the guild-based coop mission diamonds. I've been trying all day to get folks from my guild to coop, but I haven't gotten any responses.

Unless one of the NA players here is in a guild with an empty slot and would be willing to help me out, maybe?

In other news, I believe it's just over three-and-a-half hours until the first of the limited M+1 times starts. I wonder what the correct ratio of supertank, DPS, stun, and buff/debuff will be to win in the time alotted.

EDIT: Well, it took surprisingly few tries to get under 45 seconds. I think I managed to provide parry/debuff with PirAsuna and general DPS. I tried to provide stunning with YRain as well, but I don't think I got in enough hits with her SS3 to stun the enemy. That was probably my teammates' doing. It was hard to tell with everything going on at once.

Not in NA so can't help. But guild notifications don't work very well since you aren't alerted at all, and since its new, people aren't really in the habit of checking constantly. Our guild simply set a fixed timing where people can pop online for quests, and i nearly missed the deadline even with that. Also you just need 2 ppl not 3 to get the mission.

This timing seems much easier than the reaper one. I think its cos the boss doesn't heal. and the resistance on attack is much less. Got all 3 in one try.

EDIT: Hows the floor clearing? Floor 75 was released today. I have no idea how tough it is compared to normal since I've been cheesing it with the 'immortal' units.

chrono01

I did my 2x guaranteed weapon pulls and, as expected, two 4* weapons. I hate those rates so much, it feels even worse than characters (and at least you get LB materials with character dupes...).

Anyway, I got a 4* Mic Mace (Earth), which I'll likely never use (hate tank characters) and the 4* Butterfly Rapier (Wind), of which WOULD be good for my SF Leafa...if I didn't already trade for her weapon.

I just wanted a set of 4* Dual Blades, since I'm using the exchange ones (they're awful) for my 5* Kirito and Rainy Day Rain, but nope. Oh well, not much I can do.

I really...really hate separate characters/weapons. I get lucky with pulling the character but cannot pull a gacha weapon to complete them. I still don't have a 4* Dagger/Sword gacha weapon either (that haven't been evolved from 2/3*), let alone the element to match my characters. I guess I'll continue trying to upgrade the 2* gacha dual blades for my characters.

I did my 2x guaranteed weapon pulls and, as expected, two 4* weapons. I hate those rates so much, it feels even worse than characters (and at least you get LB materials with character dupes...).

Anyway, I got a 4* Mic Mace (Earth), which I'll likely never use (hate tank characters) and the 4* Butterfly Rapier (Wind), of which WOULD be good for my SF Leafa...if I didn't already trade for her weapon.

I just wanted a set of 4* Dual Blades, since I'm using the exchange ones (they're awful) for my 5* Kirito and Rainy Day Rain, but nope. Oh well, not much I can do.

I really...really hate separate characters/weapons. I get lucky with pulling the character but cannot pull a gacha weapon to complete them. I still don't have a 4* Dagger/Sword gacha weapon either (that haven't been evolved from 2/3*), let alone the element to match my characters. I guess I'll continue trying to upgrade the 2* gacha dual blades for my characters.

Well small comfort, but it does beat my 4* Rod and Gun. I'm kind of just stocking up on characters and weapons, and minimising my use of exchange (4 to 1 ratio sucks). I figure that eventually some of them will match eventually. Did you get the kirito dual blades from the past event (I think it was defensive war), those are actually pretty good. Statwise , they out-perform gatcha R3, and on Kirito its like a slightly worse gatcha R4 (+6% extra attack for Kirito) My Kirito and Yuuki share them

Also, not sure if you know this trick, but if your inventory is full when you roll, all gatcha weapons will go to your gift box, and they don't expire. I leave all the R2 and R3s there in the hopes of eventually getting a R4. A lot of the R3s are stuck at 3 copies...

W-00

It seems the upgrade vote results are in. As expected, we have:

OSKirito (thanks to the people who only care enough to vote for the choice at the top of the list)
OSuna (thanks to people with good taste)
Rainy Rain (thanks to people desperate for a supertank)
and...
SF Lea AliceV2?! I mean, I know she's good, but how the hell did she get in over Leafa?

I have half of them (Asuna and Alice). Not sure whether to pull or not when the time comes.

chrono01

Well small comfort, but it does beat my 4* Rod and Gun. I'm kind of just stocking up on characters and weapons, and minimising my use of exchange (4 to 1 ratio sucks). I figure that eventually some of them will match eventually. Did you get the kirito dual blades from the past event (I think it was defensive war), those are actually pretty good. Statwise , they out-perform gatcha R3, and on Kirito its like a slightly worse gatcha R4 (+6% extra attack for Kirito) My Kirito and Yuuki share them

Also, not sure if you know this trick, but if your inventory is full when you roll, all gatcha weapons will go to your gift box, and they don't expire. I leave all the R2 and R3s there in the hopes of eventually getting a R4. A lot of the R3s are stuck at 3 copies...
I stopped playing for a while, so I'm not sure if I got those dual blades or not, I'll have to look into that.

I do know about the gift box trick (thankfully), as it helps me manage all of my R2/R3 stuff. Otherwise, I'd be in hell.

It seems the upgrade vote results are in. As expected, we have:

OSKirito (thanks to the people who only care enough to vote for the choice at the top of the list)
OSuna (thanks to people with good taste)
Rainy Rain (thanks to people desperate for a supertank)
and...
SF Lea AliceV2?! I mean, I know she's good, but how the hell did she get in over Leafa?

I have half of them (Asuna and Alice). Not sure whether to pull or not when the time comes.
DAMN! I was really hoping for SF Leafa, as she's my best character right now (since I have an R4 weapon to match her). Not so with Rainy Day Rain, and I don't have OS Asuna and don't particularly care for OS Kirito.

Welp, nothing for me, I guess. I'll upgrade Rain to 5* I guess, but since I'm using a shitty weapon for her, her damage won't be as high as it could be. I'm almost tempted to trade three of my 4* gacha weapons (mace, rapier I pulled yesterday, OS Sinon's gun, and an exchange sword) for a set of water dual blades, but I know I'll probably regret it later.

Really surprised at V2 Alice. As you said, she's good, but Leafa does more of the same (with wave clearing) and she's a supertank on top of it. Of course the one character I'm strongest with won't be the 5* evolution, as is my luck with this game. Meanwhile, the game keeps throwing me 4* weapons (when I do manage them) for characters I don't have nor want, or more of the same type/elements for the ones I already have. It's getting really frustrating for me, personally. It's upsetting having the character, but not having a decent weapon for them.

W-00

It appears that there is going to be another 5* upgrade vote. This time it's based on the upcoming birthdays, so there will be one winner each among Asuna, Kirito, and Silica. I figure OSilica is pretty much a lock based on previous voting, but given that OSKirito and OSuna are already getting upgraded, it will be interesting to see how those votes go.

Is there a list of immortal characters?

Currently: The Sailor Uniform characters (Strea, Yui, and Philia), the Rainy Day characters (Rain, Leafa, and Sakuya), and the Summer Festa characters (Leafa, Liz, and Premiere).

Now that I think about it, you generally want rain out tanking (cos of shield) and autoing (cos dual blades are fast), which means Combo SS3 isn't as good on her as other characters, since you want her on the field and stay on field. Still enhanced stats never hurt.

I think the best 5* will be buffers/Debuffers (Combi SS3 every time it wears off while your main DPS continues to auto attack and build MP), and stunners (2x Stun SS3s paired with another stunner to stun quicker).

Pretty indifferent to the scout. I have rainy rain but none of the other chars. I don't particularly need them, though they've eluded me forever (I still don't have an alice!). I'll be really happy with Alice since I lack Earth types, but 1 in 4 odds aren't good. Maybe my guaranteed scouts will give me one of them and solve this headache.

EDIT: Has there been a vote banner with more than one of each character? E.g 2 Asunas etc, cos i can't think of any. It may well be that only the most voted of each character gets to be in each banner, so If Say Rainy Rain and Yukata Rain got 1 and 2 in the vote, It'll just be Rainy Rain plus 3 other people.

chrono01

Oh look, another step-up banner datamined with no MD to pull anything. Meanwhile, the final set of floors in the floor clearing event has been pushed from the 15th to the 21st.

It feels like all this anniversary has been so far are banners to squeeze the player-base dry. The guaranteed 4* scout was nice, as was the 2x guaranteed weapon scouts, but you needed a decent amount of MD for those too (401 total). Meanwhile, the only free MD the game has given us that aren't from the standard events we normally receive has been a single 25 MD from a daily login (anniversary login that, strangely enough, only lasted five days) and the 10 MD per day we get from clearing the character quest. For an anniversary, that seems really low, especially when they keep throwing new banners at us like this. I mean, it's great if you've been saving for 6+ months or are P2P, but it's just frustrating for me.

I love the game, but the anniversary could have been a lot better. The free 5* Eugeo/Kirito was "alright" but I doubt I'll ever use them for much. I would have much preferred more MD so I could actually make use of all of these interesting banners.

W-00

Although I'm disappointed at the lack of diamonds, I can't say that I feel like I'm missing out by not pulling on these banners. Until 5* characters start having special effects besides the SS3 switch, I'll just stick with my 4* characters. And maybe the free 5* characters.

I mean, yeah, I'd like the new Yuuki, but that's because she's a dark character and I'm in desperate need of dark characters. I can wait for a better opportunity.

The next ranking will be one of those two-parters. I guess that means I'll probably be putting one free 5*, one debuffer, and one supertank per team for starters. Probably have to adjust based on what the fight actually needs.

Oh look, another step-up banner datamined with no MD to pull anything. Meanwhile, the final set of floors in the floor clearing event has been pushed from the 15th to the 21st.

It feels like all this anniversary has been so far are banners to squeeze the player-base dry. The guaranteed 4* scout was nice, as was the 2x guaranteed weapon scouts, but you needed a decent amount of MD for those too (401 total). Meanwhile, the only free MD the game has given us that aren't from the standard events we normally receive has been a single 25 MD from a daily login (anniversary login that, strangely enough, only lasted five days) and the 10 MD per day we get from clearing the character quest. For an anniversary, that seems really low, especially when they keep throwing new banners at us like this. I mean, it's great if you've been saving for 6+ months or are P2P, but it's just frustrating for me.

I love the game, but the anniversary could have been a lot better. The free 5* Eugeo/Kirito was "alright" but I doubt I'll ever use them for much. I would have much preferred more MD so I could actually make use of all of these interesting banners.

Man this latest banner really irritates me, especially with the news that JP got a vote indicating Black Swordsman Kirito and Zekken Yuuki are getting 5* versions With just a bit of tweaking, this anniversary could have been great, and its not that much extra work compared to what we have now. Like the 5*, I get they went with the classic SAO / ALO look for nostalgia, and I thought they weren't upgradable from start dash characters cos only 4 of them got made, but with the latest banner thats just about all the main characters (Klein and Agil + game units don't really count).

Based on what we know they have in the works this is what I would have done:

1. Start Dash Revamp! Old start dash characters can now be upgraded with enhanced stats, Combi SS3 and Leader skills (basically what the 5*s now have). Oh, and combo window. As a thank you to the current players, for every start dash character you have you get 10 upgrade crystals to upgrade them. This keeps vets really happy, since power crept units will be upgraded to keep pace somewhat. Plus only really old players will have start dash characters. Either they played from launch (and rerolled to get one), or it was from the medal scout era. Any starting from OS onwards likely rerolled to get those instead. I doubt anyone besides a launch whale will have more than 4. Alice and Eugeo 5* version not included in this since they are newer. And this is doable since they are already planning to have upgradable 4*.

2.Mega Step up Banner! 6% pull rate rising to 8 % with guaranteed start dash scout at Step 5. 4% for all the 4* banners we have till now like the one in the 5 * banner, 2% for Start Dash + 10 upgrade crystals. That 2 % has basically all 3 5* banners combined. This also encourages people to go for all the steps, since even if you are lucky and get 1 or 2 early, step 5 is less likely to give you a repeat.

3. For new players, the initial free pull has been updated to give a guaranteed 4* (JP already had this), now includes Alice and Eugeo, and 10 upgrade crystals (to convert them to 5* once they hit 80. So new comers don't fall totally behind and can have a nice start.

4. SAO Progressive mini story campaign. SAO has always been the best arc, and the Progressive Light novel series is a nice take on it, it goes into a lot more detail on the floor by floor clearing, instead of timeskipping the majority of it. So its good advertisement for that, and its already translated so not too much work.One chapter (one floor) a week. This is the source of diamonds for pulls. LN spoilers:
Floor 1 is Kobold, Floor 2 is Triple Minotaur
, Floor 3 is where guilds are introduced, so introduce guild feature then.

5. Rankings and Towers and guaranteed pulls as we have now.

Ok i started yesterday and got 5* Leafa with my reroll

So I have
1* Kirito
5* Leafa (The blade)
5* Eugeo from Anniversary
4* Kirito (Black Wing)
3* Klein (Samurai)

I'm already at chapter 5 of SAO and with 150+ diamonds

What should be my pull strategy now with all those banners that are currently ?

With Anniversary weapon gatcha do I understand it correctly that I can make one 150 diamond pull and then another pull will cost only 1 diamond ?

Which character banner should I use from the 3 ones open ?

And how do I get Record Crystals outside of login ?

W-00

What should be my pull strategy now with all those banners that are currently ?

As far as general pull strategy goes: Always multipull when pulling, and remember that it takes three multipulls before the odds are in your favor. You may get lucky and hit earlier, or unlucky and not hit at all, but that's the way the odds work. There was some speculation around launch that individual pulls were more likely to give results, but with the advent of step-up scouts and record crystal scouts, it's just no longer worth it to ever make a solo pull.

With Anniversary weapon gatcha do I understand it correctly that I can make one 150 diamond pull and then another pull will cost only 1 diamond ?

That's correct. You can make an 11-pull on the guaranteed 4* weapon gacha (make sure it says it's the 4* GUARANTEED banner - I pulled on the wrong one originally) and then another machine will appear that only costs one diamond for an 11-pull with a guaranteed 4* weapon.

Which character banner should I use from the 3 ones open ?

Three? Are you including the the Memory of Friendship & Passing of Time banner (which hasn't started yet) or have you not made your guaranteed 4* multipull on the anniversary banner? Ah, looking at your character list, it's probably the latter. In that case, I would definitely recommend the guaranteed 4* pull. Just make sure it's the right one. Pulling on it will also give you ten Anniversary Record Crystals, so you can get another 4*.

Outside of that, I'm not really a fan of either current banner (or the upcoming Memory/Passing banner). If you decide that you still have to pull on one of them, I'd recommend the Alice/Eugeo banner simply because you can farm up decent weapons for them right now. Though depending on what weapons you get from the guaranteed pulls, that could change what you want/need.

And how do I get Record Crystals outside of login ?

Record Crystals mostly come from Record Crystal banners (which give you between 1 and 10 crystals per multipull), but there aren't any of those active right now. Except for the one-time guaranteed anniversary machine, which will always give you 10.

Top Bottom