• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

Mieu

It's the same game I think LOL! We just paid for the first half last year!

Does everyone get a fell weapon?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Pretty much.
KuGsj.gif
I was hoping for new areas that I'd explore more than the first game's areas at least. But we get areas with filters. And I've been through those areas with filters in the first game because of Xillia 1's EX dungeon.

I think the sealed weapons are gotten through quests and maybe arena fights (I know you get the シール・ヴェスペリア - seal vesperia from an arena fight)...? Is that right?

シール・ファンタジア (Seal Phantasia -- Jude's weapon) is one you can get from a quest.

Someone else further along than me can probably answer that better.

Mieu

I thought that to go back to Rieze Maxia,
you will have to cut the dimensions again at the cliff. I didn't expect it would be just a boat ride now hihi

Not in the arena yet. I can't even go that town even though the boat is there in the marshlands with gentlemen.

I really don't know where to go. I just got the
badge from the big building.

Torraz

Just finished VLR. Dang game still hasn't arrived. Might be stuck at customs or something :/. Might as well have used a courier in that case...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I really don't know where to go. I just got the
badge from the big building.
Did you take the other elevator in the building down to B10 to
get your corpse shell form?

If so, you can
go to Dvor (the town with the merchants in the street--where Ludger got his debt thingy) and do Alvin's Character Episode, go to Ha Mill and do Elise's character episode, or talk to Nova at the office entrance, then press R3 to go to the alternate world to start Chapter 7 once you've paid off your debt for the chapter

Mieu

I haven't been to B10. Will check it out in 3 hours! (Damn traffic in Philippines!) I'm currently at Milla's town so I'll just sprint my way there.

Ohh... the debt.. I hate it. I always pay her now. I don't know why LOL..

19.860.000 more to go hahahaha!!! I get the books but I don't what they are for.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
They make you learn various skills for different characters (ex: High Guard, 1-Damage, etc). But not just one book will teach the skill to everyone, it seems. Looks like you get separate books for different people.

How the heck are players going to pay off all that cash, I wonder? Did the people who already paid off the debt just grind for cash? There's no inherit gald option in the grade shop, so... Play poker...?

Mieu

That I don't know. I guess Poker is the only way to go. I did gamble in Vesperia so I think it would be fun and easy here in TOX2

Well most japs would lovingly grind for it.

If you don't mind me asking, where did the 20M debt come from? I was thinking it was for t
he damage done to the train

jae

I think the sealed weapons are gotten through quests and maybe arena fights (I know you get the シール・ヴェスペリア - seal vesperia from an arena fight)...? Is that right?

シール・ファンタジア (Seal Phantasia -- Jude's weapon) is one you can get from a quest.

Someone else further along than me can probably answer that better.

You can one set by doing the middle tag rank at the arena. You get the weapons for whoever you bring. The other set is from quests. Each character has 2 weapons.

I've been working on gathering the materials to unlock them but I can't get them to show up in the shop menus yet :|

As for the debt, you get a ton of cash for beating the bonus dungeon bosses so basically you just grind there. Poker only gets you chips, which you can't turn back into gald, afaik.

If you don't mind me asking, where did the 20M debt come from? I was thinking it was for t
he damage done to the train

It's a lot more crazy than that :
Ridou healed you, Elle and Lulu...and makes you pay for it because he's an a-hole

I'm done with Chapter 8 (
Bro Side
) right now, need to do Character Episodes...then maybe some quests before going into Chapter 9.
Feeling not good at all tonight so I'll go to bed instead of playing, and continue tomorrow.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's a lot more crazy than that :
Ridou healed you, Elle and Lulu...and makes you pay for it because he's an a-hole
Pretty much. I had to laugh. I almost think this game is a commentary on the economy. "You see, kids? You see what happens when you're super-deep in debt and have a crapton of credit cards and spend cash you don't have on shit you don't need? You have this mean girl calling you aaaaaalllll day asking you to pay up whenever you have just a bit of spending money, but you can't spend your money on fun stuff... you need to pay the man. It's like they're holding your life captive--you can't move on without paying your monthly payment."

Debt management companies won't always be there to help you! You can't bravely default on your loan. D:

I just realized that Ludger is supposed to kinda be like the English word "ledger". If that was their intent, then aaaaahahahahaha. That's clever. I wonder if there's any pun associated with the Japanese "Rudoga/Ludoga"...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The best part is when I can no longer cancel out of the menu so I just give her 1-100 gald depending on my financial circumstances.

Datschge

I just realized that Ludger is supposed to kinda be like the English word "ledger". If that was their intent, then aaaaahahahahaha. That's clever. I wonder if there's any pun associated with the Japanese "Rudoga/Ludoga"...

If nothing else it's
an anagram on Gald (same Katakana but different order, ルドガ instead ガルド =P)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone know how many endings there are? So far I've seen the bad one, but I know there's a normal and true one as well.

jae

Anyone know how many endings there are? So far I've seen the bad one, but I know there's a normal and true one as well.

5 total

Normal, Bad, True, Debt payed off, &
Letting Stahn & Cless handle the last boss for you

Got my Hamasaki Ayumi Love[Type-C] mini-album in the mail today.

The download product code bundled with it is for an attachment, 歌姫ピアス.

4.20AM, done for the day. Finished Chapter 10, I loved the dungeon, so pretty and the treasure boxes were awesome too ^^
Just need to do a bunch of white quests before going into Chapter 11.

Yep, one for the story, and the one for having 800 encounters.
It's always like that, it takes a while to get a few trophies because you need to grind before getting them :p

I'll be getting them all...and dare I say I even want to do more...like...farm every normal enemy to get everyone's bonuses, and of course get, in time, 10000 Grade like Xillia.
I basically still want to 100% the entire game like the others.

Mieu

i think i have been grinding too much haha! the trophies just pop up!

with gaius at the moment chapter 8 i think.

the more i play this, the more i think that this is still tox1

Still 0 trophies but still enjoying the game...despite starting to be annoyed with the debt constraints ...

"how do you fell to be constantly poor" - the game

Mieu

haha!

the screenies!!! i was not able to take screenies because i left rowen and alvin at town wearing star driver costumes.

i thoughy gaius will be sooo slow but it turns out he is quite fast

Torraz

Unregistered play-asia bubble envelop takes 8 days, a registered box (due to theft) has taken 12 days now, and still no package in sight :/. That option is actually more expensive than the free envelope... Never choosing this option again.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Still 0 trophies but still enjoying the game...despite starting to be annoyed with the debt constraints ...

"how do you fell to be constantly poor" - the game
Living From Paycheque to Paycheque: The Game

How does Ludger afford to make food that isn't pasta/ramen?! Needs to go on a student's diet.

Edit: for the record, I have the same trophies InternHertz has. Some of the trophies are repeats from the last game, so that means grinding them out.

Mieu

i am playing this and innocence r. i dont know how to work on the platinum for toir.

i think i got burnt out due to the debt. i have to pay for a lot for 200 usd/mo and im starting to know how it feels hahaha

DYAN DYAN DYAN DYAN!!!!

Got the second story trophy...Chapter 12 was awesome, I liked the heavy-ish feeling of Chapter 11 but this one was at another level entirely. So good!

Tomorrow I'll be doing quests, then Character Episodes, and after that...Chapter 13.

Chapter 14 done, Character Episodes too.
Got the Item Crazy trophy (700+ items) and got over 3000 Grade. Only a few hundreds more though.

Tomorrow I'll be doing quests and continue on with Chapter 15!

jae

Suck it, Nova.

http://i.imgur.com/yaLSD.png

Finished off the bonus dungeon, did the arena cameo. I guess this one is a wrap. I really hated the first half of the game when you were bogged down with short chapters, re-exploring Liese Maxima, and the debt stuff was a little more intrusive. I feel like the game picked up a ton around chapter 9 and really became a blast to play until the end.

Jubern

Suck it, Nova.

http://i.imgur.com/yaLSD.png

Finished off the bonus dungeon, did the arena cameo. I guess this one is a wrap. I really hated the first half of the game when you were bogged down with short chapters, re-exploring Liese Maxima, and the debt stuff was a little more intrusive. I feel like the game picked up a ton around chapter 9 and really became a blast to play until the end.

Whoa, how long did that took? Any tips?

jae

Whoa, how long did that took? Any tips?

Blue Sefira & 50% exp/gald food on all the EX Gigants & bonus dungeon bosses. Switch to 80% gald food once you feel you are comfortably leveled up. I didn't have to specifically farm gald at all. With all that the bonus dungeon final boss gave me like 6.2 million alone.

Top Bottom