• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Xenoflare

So how's Milla's dub voice in 2? Any quality improvements?

I swear I sound like a broken record right now, she stuck out like a sore thumb in Xillia 1.

So how's Milla's dub voice in 2? Any quality improvements?

I swear I sound like a broken record right now, she stuck out like a sore thumb in Xillia 1.

Watching video reviews it seems a little better, but the sample quality for voice work is still nowhere near what it should be. Not sure why that is, you'd think there would be plenty of space on the disc for high quality VO.

Xenoflare

Watching video reviews it seems a little better, but the sample quality for voice work is still nowhere near what it should be. Not sure why that is, you'd think there would be plenty of space on the disc for high quality VO.

No kidding, the original xillia is like less than 7GB.

You would think that a PS3 exclusive would take advantage of the Blu ray drive space.

Alt Milla
sounds fine and her "lisp" is reduced, but that's not my main concern, the audio quality is still sub par.

kewlmyc

Played about an hour of the game now. About to start chapter 3. Ludger sometimes speaking and sometime not is freaking me out.

LuuKyK

The game won't be available for at least a week and a half in my country according to the store I contacted. I dont even know why I am surprised.

Played about an hour of the game now. About to start chapter 3. Ludger sometimes speaking and sometime not is freaking me out.

I still dont understand this.

I am pretty sure people said he talks more/all the time in the second playthrough of the game.

Like, whats the point?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I still dont understand this.

I am pretty sure people said he talks more/all the time in the second playthrough of the game.

Like, whats the point?

"Immersion..."

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Watched the GT review, gotta say their praise for the writing surprised me and I did actually chuckle at the included example in the review.

Might have to break out my dormant save from the first game and press on. Can't believe it's been a year already...

Seda

I can't wait to start playing tomorrow.

Are there any permanent missables?

As far as I am aware, it's a few smaller things:

-In chapter ten, you go to a one-time only dungeon. There is a room with four chests containing unique equipment.

-The quests "Traces of Kinship: Part 1" and "Traces of Kinship: Part 2" should be done as soon as possible. They disappear at some point. If you do these, a third part will open up in post game, allowing you to go into Julius's room to get a weapon.

-There are 100 'kitties' to find in the game. The quest "Poker Face" deals with finding a kitty, but it's separate from the "Kitty Sighting" quests. I hear this is missable but I am unsure.

Reveirg

As far as I am aware, it's a few smaller things:

-In chapter ten, you go to a one-time only dungeon. There is a room with four chests containing unique equipment.

-The quests "Traces of Kinship: Part 1" and "Traces of Kinship: Part 2" should be done as soon as possible. They disappear at some point. If you do these, a third part will open up in post game, allowing you to go into Julius's room to get a weapon.

-There are 100 'kitties' to find in the game. The quest "Poker Face" deals with finding a kitty, but it's separate from the "Kitty Sighting" quests. I hear this is missable but I am unsure.

Thanks for the info!

Rpgmonkey

Are you saying you get new sidequest and character episode scenes on NG+?

Is there a list of perfect choices?

Oh no, I don't think NG+ adds any new scenes. I just think it's interesting to go through the game without all the extra stuff if you have time to focus on Ludger's story, and then do another run with all the extra things. I feel the supporting cast really takes a back seat in Xillia 2's main story, so the extra scenes and character quests kinda bring a "Director's Cut"-vibe to the story where some interesting but not really essential stuff is added in. Plus you'll be able to have Ludger's choices voiced.

And after you complete the game the choice events will now show you which choices make certain characters like you more, another reason why I think a second run is likely to be a more more complete/fulfilling, though admittedly more predictable experience. There's Japanese guides that point out all the choices (and there's hidden relationship values as well for like two or three characters), I assume someone will put together an English list of the "perfect" choices eventually.

Seda

Thanks for the info!

I forgot to mention that you should also do the character quests as soon as they are available if you don't want to miss them. But that's kinda obvious. There are markers on the map screens and everything.

Xenoflare

I remember Xillia had a busy launch at my local EBgames (Canadian gamestop), although I think it's also due to the fact that Dragon's Crown was released on the same day.

Persona7

Banned
I remember Xillia had a busy launch at my local EBgames (Canadian gamestop), although I think it's also due to the fact that Dragon's Crown was released on the same day.

I remember gamestop being busy right when they opened on the xillia launch but every person in line except one bought Xillia. I wonder how it fared though the day.

Edit : wait, I think it was not right when they opened but around lunch time

MSMrRound

ToX2 get.

BvYFem9CUAAMLki.jpg:large

For anyone buying the Asian version (R3), do note that the physical copies that are sold to you are INDEED the Day 1 edition, with a code for the three outfits and special theme inside the normal box.

I was confused for a bit when I did not spot the special Day 1 packaging and shop staff also thought that it was the standard edition.

Oh, and pre-ordering at a certain store paid off with a mini-Rollo plush! Yay!

I know, but Minae Noji as
Alternate Milla
sounds really natural. I didn't see the other chapter in English where
the real Milla comes back

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm going to get the game in 4 hours!!!

But I'll be able to play it on Saturday. Meh. :/

I'm going to get the game in 4 hours!!!

But I'll be able to play it on Saturday. Meh. :/

Saturday is just around the corner. I won't be able to play till I finish ToX :(

The abundance of Tales of games has been incredible. I may not have time to play them all, let alone keep up, but I'm always excited for more.

I've always found ToX2 interesting just because Ludger is a silent protagonist. Never thought I would play as one in a mainline Tales of game. Since most have a wide and varied cast to play as, the introduction of a silent protagonist is an interesting take on how the player will interact with the already established characters.

FSLink

Banned
Hm, the name translations for the Mystic Arte seem decent enough to me. though
Earthcracker? Also want to see what the names for the max affection versions are, I want to hear PINKEST in English, haha...I like Heavenly Crusader for Rebirth Crusader...less Engrishy

Xenoflare

Hm, the name translations for the Mystic Arte seem decent enough to me. though
Earthcracker? Also want to see what the names for the max affection versions are, I want to hear PINKEST in English, haha...I like Heavenly Crusader for Rebirth Crusader...less Engrishy

I don't know if it's the voice is a lot louder than the music, but
Milla's voice really did improve, even though her mystic arte line is kinda iffy. Rowen obviously suffered from timing issues since it needs to "sync" with the Japanese one.

Xenoflare

Ayumi Hamasaki's opening for Tales of Xillia 2 doesn't seem like it made its way over to the English version...sigh...there goes my anticipation of waiting for the opening song everytime I boot my copy up.

That's a shame, especially considering the fact that Progress did for Xillia.

Namco probably didn't want to pay the licensing fees, it could be something else though

FSLink

Banned
Ayumi Hamasaki's opening for Tales of Xillia 2 doesn't seem like it made its way over to the English version...sigh...there goes my anticipation of waiting for the opening song everytime I boot my copy up.
You sure? The English footage I see on Youtube state they changed it so they wouldn't get hit by copyright.
Edit: uh it does that on first time starting up.
Should show up after a save.

MSMrRound

Should show up after a save.

That might be the case.

I'll try that in a bit. Sorry if I caused any false alarm ._.

Maybe I'm just used to Tales Of openings popping up right away.

Edit: Right. It started playing right after the end of the first movie with Elle.

Top Bottom