• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Akibared

Xillia 2 sure has a great full color manual full of tons of details!
ibk3bTCY1KTbRj.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Game is still not up on PSN.

Q___Q

Seda

What is the best difficulty setting to start with? For someone who's played a bunch of Tales games and knows the deal

Normal is pretty easy. I've been playing on Moderate without much difficulty. You can change at any time so just change it whenever you feel like.

In terms of tangible reward, you only get a slight boost to your bonus exp for playing at higher difficulties.

Mendrox

Don't play on hard your first time. The boss difficulty spikes are very very dumb and you won't be able to handle any of them if you aren't a Tales of Gamer

Finally got this game!

Annnnd I lost at the first boss. On moderate.

I really hope this one battle doesn't have THAT big of an effect on the story. Though it probably will >_<.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guys. bosses are rehashed too. Asshole bosses are still assholes.

Also we have Seda and Aeana in here. Where the hell is Kagari?

Xenoflare

Hey, just before I boot up the game, can I buy the costume DLC of Xillia and open it in Xillia 2 directly without launching the first game?

chrono01

Finally got this game!

Annnnd I lost at the first boss. On moderate.

I really hope this one battle doesn't have THAT big of an effect on the story. Though it probably will >_<.
If it's anything like previous Tales of games, the dialogue would probably have only been a little different immediately after the battle had you won, and likely received an item/accessory/etc. earlier than you would have. Probably not worth re-starting/re-loading your save to win.

This is only a guess, though, so I could be wrong.

Also we have Seda and Aeana in here. Where the hell is Kagari?
Probably adventuring in Eorzea [FFXIV]. ;)

How long until this could pop up on PSN today? I saw that people are already able to download SAO so I checked if this was available too, but it's not showing up in search or the webstore.

Still waiting for my Amazon CE to ship, supposed to be delivered on Thursday.

Guide got backorder'd even though I ordered it when it first went up, though. >.>

Downloading now :D

Surprisngly, ETA is less than 3 hours. Considering how slow my connection is I expected at least 5 hours for this.

Rhapsody

Banned
I recommend switching difficulties mostly for bosses. While you get plenty of money otherwise to pay off the debts, it's still a shame wasting gald for restocking items too many times with your leftovers.

okay I'm at the boss fight at the end of the train:

Is there a difference between choosing to kill my brother or not? I'm assuming the story plays out the same either way, just wondering if there is a better choice

TRI Mike

Well I ordered it from Amazon, it should take about 2 weeks to reach my country. Good thing I have Atelier Escha & Logy to keep me entertained.

My CE from Amazon just came. I must say, this CE is much better than the one from Tales of Xillia. Oh and there was a 55 page or so color manual in the game box with the CE version. Now off to play!

In other news, Amazon is now saying TBD for the release date of the Xillia 2 guide. My exclusive DLC themeeeeeee!

Hmmmm. Means either it got delayed, or so many people ordered it that they need to restock. I guess I'll find out when I go pick up my pre-orders this afternoon.

Pooya

okay I'm at the boss fight at the end of the train:

Is there a difference between choosing to kill my brother or not? I'm assuming the story plays out the same either way, just wondering if there is a better choice

dunno about the difference, I
refused to kill him and the cutscene after was hilarious, hahahaha.
too edgy lolz

Finalow

the game should arrive in a week. too much, amazon. :(

I can't read JP well and I beat every Tales game. lol.
lol, well beating it and actually following the story and understanding it are two different things.
what worries me the most is the kanji part, as far as I know there is no furigana and you can't use text hookers or stuff like that since it's a console game.

I'll probably give it a try anyway when it's out.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
the game should arrive in a week. too much, amazon. :(

lol, well beating it and actually following the story and understanding it are two different things.
what worries me the most is the kanji part, as far as I know there is no furigana and you can't use text hookers or stuff like that since it's a console game.

I'll probably give it a try anyway when it's out.

I understand the story because almost everything is voiced and I understand vocals.

Hmmmm. Means either it got delayed, or so many people ordered it that they need to restock. I guess I'll find out when I go pick up my pre-orders this afternoon.

Well Gamestop has limited numbers of it, since my coworker picked up a copy of that today, lol

I don't really care enough though so whatever, I'll wait for Amazon to get some in.

Rhapsody

Banned
question for the importers, how's the difficulty of the japanase used in the game(s)? Not about this game in particular but more about recent tales of games and what should I expect if I decide to import ToZ.
Story really depends on how well your listening skills are for Japanese. Even if you can't read everything, listening to the dialogue is useful since almost everything is voiced. Both styles of Tales games recently have the feature on telling you where to go or what to do next, so it's a lot easier to get through a game compared to Abyss or Vesperia.

Aselia wiki usually gets updated at a decent rate, so anything regarding artes and abilities should be no problem if you're not confident on reading japanese.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Amazon, why no release date delivery... :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I really hope remote download is working...

Top Bottom