• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

LuuKyK

Guys. bosses are rehashed too. Asshole bosses are still assholes.

Also we have Seda and Aeana in here. Where the hell is Kagari?

Lol

Some bosses come to mind, now that you mentioned it. Dammit.

Also, I do wonder abou Kagari. I dont even remember the last time I saw her posting something.

kewlmyc

So by the way, looking at the web PSN store I notice that there's already DLC costumes up, lol

Elize's Gymnastic Uniform

Milla's Tennis Uniform

Rowen's Archery Uniform

This might be a premature mistake, lol

------------------------------------

I guess they ARE coming out this week.

Alvin's Baseball Uniform

Jude's Football Uniform

Leia's Soccer Uniform

Their Xillia 2 default costumes are so well done that I honestly don't want the switch them out of it. They all look classy, except Milla's second costume I guess.

abrack08

Their Xillia 2 default costumes are so well done that I honestly don't want the switch them out of it. They all look classy, except Milla's second costume I guess.

I feel the same about most games. I rarely used any of the accessories in the first Xillia, I don't like altering the way the characters look in general (unless it's a character I created, or in a game where what they where changes based on what armor you have equipped). I might actually go for the baseball uniform, I think it's pretty cool but... not for $3.00.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it I put some kind of tail on Rowen and forgot about it... so now, in my head, Rowen is just a guy with a tail.

Akibared

I wanna try to get a cosplay group going with my buddies I love their outfits!

kewlmyc

If anyone has put their bank account into the negative buying this game, congrats because you're officially meta.

After playing the game a bit, the debt system is definitely there to pad out the game, but it isn't super annoying. Train up a bit in the fields and you already have most of what you need for the sidejobs. Just do all the monster jobs first, then see how many items you have already to fill out the item jobs.

After playing the game a bit, the debt system is definitely there to pad out the game, but it isn't super annoying. Train up a bit in the fields and you already have most of what you need for the sidejobs. Just do all the monster jobs first, then see how many items you have already to fill out the item jobs.
It's a good thing I tend to grind alot. I usually have tons of gald in these games.

Voror

Hmm, code that came with the CE isn't working. Told me I entered it wrong or it has already been used. Double checked it twice so not sure what is going on there.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Did I mess up? Prologue spoilers

I chose to save the girl and failed the exam. Does this choice even make a difference?

SeanTSC

Ludger joins the shelf!

8qIZTa5.jpg

NL4svG1.jpg

Now I need to actually start playing. ><

khaaan

I was checking my emails and surprised to find that the game is in my mailbox waiting for me at home, I thought it would at least take till tomorrow. Unfortunately it doesn't matter since I'm still going through Xillia and will probably put Xillia 2 on hold until I can be fairly sure that I wont burn out on the franchise.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
All the girls must get bunny ears and tails. >.>

Speaking of, how do you add these through the menus? I thought it was menu->hover on character icon and add but I don't see it.

Eusis

wow, I hate this trend. It means I am a lot more likely to just wait and pick up on a digital PSN sale.
Admittedly I think the "throw the manual in the LE" isn't a bad trend versus "no nothing at all!" which unfortunately ToX1 did, but NNK/ToSC/ToX2 didn't follow.

It would be nicer to have a middle ground option that isn't too expensive though, but then by the same token you spend $100+ and you DEFINITELY want little touches like that there.

v1perz53

So I just picked up a retail copy of this (going against my digital preference because I want to play it asap), is there absolutely nothing inside the box except for a disc? On the left side where instruction manuals used to be there is nothing, no paper insert or manual at all. Doesn't bother me, but wanted to make sure there wasn't supposed to be something and the new copy I bought had actually been opened before. Anyway, super excited to start playing, a lecture only day tomorrow at med school so skipping that and gonna play all night and through tomorrow.

Pancakes

Damn that chapter 1 sequence:

I need to stop being so nice as Ludger I guess. Seems like I'm always getting the worst outcome when I do

Lynko

So I just picked up a retail copy of this (going against my digital preference because I want to play it asap), is there absolutely nothing inside the box except for a disc? On the left side where instruction manuals used to be there is nothing, no paper insert or manual at all. Doesn't bother me, but wanted to make sure there wasn't supposed to be something and the new copy I bought had actually been opened before. Anyway, super excited to start playing, a lecture only day tomorrow at med school so skipping that and gonna play all night and through tomorrow.

Couple of unboxing videos had a full colored instruction manual included in the C.E. I doubt it's exclusive to that bundle, so you might want to run back to the store..

Called it. Not for USgamer (since I have no idea what that is), but I knew the game would get shat on for reused assets.

Sounds like your typical "all japanese games are shite" reviews.

Mackey ain't that guy, but he did go the "button-mashy combat" route all reviewers who go low difficulty on Tales reviews say. Going Moderate or above would make it tougher and take longer so...

Seda

How do we access our save data bonus rewards? Are they in a specific tab?

Save data bonuses will appear shortly after the opening chapter. DLC costume items you purchased for Xillia will show up in the final tab of the Items menu.

Pooya

Uh, this game seems to be spawned from the same design ideas as FF13-2. I'm not exactly a fan of.

Seemingly meaningless choices atypical of the series and the genre added for fluff, progression dictated by completing fetch quests unrelated to the main story and oh, adding I guess 'non linear' progression in form of letting you choose your next destination. This is far far more rehashed than 13-2 though, uuhh. If that's a bother jump out now... it's too much the same, a little new.

On the bright side, they seem to have taken this as an opportunity to try things they normally don't (
man, all that blood and corpses everywhere and more
) and the overall tone of the story and the world go along with the original and continue it rather than ditch it to go inane and senseless. Core gameplay changes seem to be for the better so far, spamming link arte seems to be harder, the growth system instead of the boring zzz waste of time of before.

This cat sending thing seems to be straight out of Assassin's Creed and MGS Peace Walker. whatever.

Zestiria doesn't have kid characters right? good.

Cheska

Save data bonuses will appear shortly after the opening chapter. DLC costume items you purchased for Xillia will show up in the final tab of the Items menu.

Man, I totally jumped the gun! Haha. The message for the bonuses just popped up. Thanks though, Seda :)

Top Bottom