• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

God damn, the amount of stuff that pops up after chapter 7 is kind of overwhelming. So many more places opening up, quests everywhere, character stories, and all on top of the debt payment going way up. I might need to slow down a bit with doing all of this stuff instead of all at once or I'll end up getting burned out lol.

Zafir

Amazon UK really love waiting till the last possible minute before they ship stuff out don't they? Still ain't shipped my CE.

Hope it isn't shipped via Yodel. I hate Yodel. :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Does Nova trigger more if you have more than enough to pay the debt or something? She was popping up after every single screen transition for awhile. NOVA PLS STOP

I'm liking the music in here more than I recall in the first game.

Bladenic

oh shit

uhhh how about Jude?

Instant healing arte plus an instant status effect removal arte. Only Elize has field wide healing, so if she's got Nurse she's set. Everyone has an instant heal arte like Jude, but the area is usually around them (except Muzét).

Semajer

My PAL Day One Edition showed up this morning. I've put a couple of hours in so far and I'm enjoying it. It looks pretty nice, and the Graces-like additions to the combat should be fun when I'm a bit deeper into the game. The metal case is very nice too.

ohlawd

God damn, the amount of stuff that pops up after chapter 7 is kind of overwhelming. So many more places opening up, quests everywhere, character stories, and all on top of the debt payment going way up. I might need to slow down a bit with doing all of this stuff instead of all at once or I'll end up getting burned out lol.

I just run now through fields now. If a monster gets in the way, I'll take the L with the back attack

Instant healing arte plus an instant status effect removal arte. Only Elize has field wide healing, so if she's got Nurse she's set. Everyone has an instant heal arte like Jude, but the area is usually around them (except Muzét).
mmk, thanks

you know, I was gonna complain that at least Xillia 1 let us see what we'd be getting down the road but I forgot if it did.... lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sweet jesus, finally got fast travel. Thank god.

RalchAC

Is the game really that short? I'm seeing people that has almost finished it like 2 days.

Amazon UK really love waiting till the last possible minute before they ship stuff out don't they? Still ain't shipped my CE.

Hope it isn't shipped via Yodel. I hate Yodel. :(

Same problem here. Not using Amazon, but where I've bought it it says: "Paid, awaiting release date".

I hope I get it on Friday.

Zafir

Weird, they posted my CE this morning via Royal Mail
>.< Ordered it as soon as it came up too.

I dunno if it's because I've got Prime, so it isn't being shipped via RM. I wouldn't normally have prime, but couldn't say no to the free student trial. It just says "Dispatching Now" on the page. :/ I'll be very annoyed if it doesn't arrive tomorrow.

I'm kind of ashamed, I started this on moderate and was getting reked, I played Xillia no problem on moderate. Switched it to normal and its way too easy lol. I'm loving it so far though, and like others mentioned its weird having Ludger being silent.

Helloween

>.< Ordered it as soon as it came up too.

I dunno if it's because I've got Prime, so it isn't being shipped via RM. I wouldn't normally have prime, but couldn't say no to the free student trial. It just says "Dispatching Now" on the page. :/ I'll be very annoyed if it doesn't arrive tomorrow.

Ah yeah could be. I got normal scrub amazon but the pre order means they always sue RM rather than yodel or some garbage

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm kind of ashamed, I started this on moderate and was getting reked, I played Xillia no problem on moderate. Switched it to normal and its way too easy lol. I'm loving it so far though, and like others mentioned its weird having Ludger being silent.
I generally keep it on moderate except for bosses. Usually I give it a try on moderate, but sometimes I wimp out and change it back to normal at the save point. Encounters are way too easy on normal and bosses can be really challenging on moderate or above.

I generally keep it on moderate except for bosses. Usually I give it a try on moderate, but sometimes I wimp out and change it back to normal at the save point. Encounters are way too easy on normal and bosses can be really challenging on moderate or above.

I had to switch it back and forth a lot in Graces, I hate the solo fights with
Hubert
lol. Usually I don't like switching, but I might switch it back to moderate.

Zafir

Ah yeah could be. I got normal scrub amazon but the pre order means they always sue RM rather than yodel or some garbage

Yeah seems like it was because of that. Just got the shipping confirmation and it's being shipped via DPD, which I'm pretty happy about. DPD are probably one of the best couriers thanks to their amazing tracking.

Does anyone know how to get consistent power hit combos on bosses?

I know you're supposed to hit them with an element they are weak to then another attack of a different element, I don't know if pierce/slash/blunt count as elements for this purpose though.

Hugstable

Banned
How's the game so far everyone? I'm thinking I might pick this up early on next week. Do you get the characters from Xillia 1 pretty early on or does it take awhile for them to join the party? I need my Leia Aerial Combos! I really liked that about Xillia 1 that each character had a pretty fun fighting style to them, but I liked doing aerials with Leia so much that I pretty much spent more than 50% of Xillia 1 playing as her -___-

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Chapter 7 spoilers:

So they beat up Aska and free him, only to find out that, oops, that's not the villain we were looking for! Gilland dies as collateral damage. Good job, guys.

Glad to see more Tales summon spirits in the game. I guess in the main world Aska died off or became a fossil because Elympios was so low on mana?

Chapter 7 spoilers:

So they beat up Aska and free him, only to find out that, oops, that's not the villain we were looking for! Gilland dies as collateral damage. Good job, guys.

Glad to see more Tales summon spirits in the game. I guess in the main world Aska died off or became a fossil because Elympios was so low on mana?

Not like it matters anyways since that entire world is supposed to go boom when they find the right guy.

abrack08

I have a question from pretty early in the game. Can you run from Duval to Trigleph without lifting the travel restrictions? I would assume no, but what happens when you try? I would have if I had known they were connected by 2 fairly small field areas.

dorkkaos

I have a question from pretty early in the game. Can you run from Duval to Trigleph without lifting the travel restrictions? I would assume no, but what happens when you try? I would have if I had known they were connected by 2 fairly small field areas.

If I remember correctly, there's an invisible wall, like, you'd get a message saying you can't (or were there guards....something like that)

Hugstable

Banned
But do you have this?

30-tales-of-xillia-2-dlc-2.jpg

OMG is this in the game right now? I need this! My Leia needs to be whooping ass looking like Mami!

T_T. Is it gonna come later or do you think they just aren't bringing it over? Homu-Milla looks amazing also.

Hugstable

Banned
My copy will finally arrive on Monday next week. Can't wait to play.

I keep telling myself I'm gonna hold off til next week on buying it since I still want to finish off Dark Souls, but the temptation.. The second I saw those Madoka costumes, I almost got ready to head out to buy the game just now. lol the backlog pain is real.

Vylash

pretty sure i'm not even supposed to be in Sharilton right now, but i refuse to let them keep Driselle from me any longer

Xenoflare

Man Elle is annoying.

Especially with the fact that she is one of those "important characters" that doesn't really fight besides yapping.
No, she being Ludger's key to transform is a plot device, that doesn't count

/ellehate

Other than that I have to say this is the best tales of game I've played in recent memories.

RangerBAD

I'm not getting past
Volt
on Hard. Can get rid of the djinns fast, but struggling with
Volt
even linked to
Alvin

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm not getting past
Volt
on Hard. Can get rid of the djinns fast, but struggling with
Volt
even linked to
Alvin

Turn the difficulty down, it's a very cheap boss fight that's not worth the struggle.

Pancakes

Anyone knows how to get Mysterious Liquid?

I need it for the
gun delivery quest for Driselle

I wanna say you can send kitties to the Xagauth(sp) Meadow to find it.

Finalow

the game is out tomorrow in Europe. I pre-order stuff all the time but I don't recall if you get some fast delivering option or not on .co.uk, still every game I pre-ordered MONTHS before the release date has arrived in 1-2 days after the actual release date.

amazon already dispatched it and still, Delivery estimate: Thursday, 28 August 2014. - one more fucking week am i cry

tumblr_m1xjo6l6ll1rsm220o1_400.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I need this week to be over so I can play games again. Holy shit. On the plus side, I made bank off of comission. =D

dorkkaos

the game is out tomorrow in Europe. I pre-order stuff all the time but I don't recall if you get some fast delivering option or not on .co.uk, still every game I pre-ordered MONTHS before the release date has arrived in 1-2 days after the actual release date.

amazon already dispatched it and still, Delivery estimate: Thursday, 28 August 2014. - one more fucking week am i cry

tumblr_m1xjo6l6ll1rsm220o1_400.gif

I preordered my guide from amazon. They say the earliest i'll get it is on september 3rd. I am not happy D: I feel your pain.

ohlawd

yeah you can get Mystery Liquids from either Djinns in Xagut Floodmeadow or Terra Ribbits/Polwigle in Lakutam Highroad.

Xenoflare

yeah you can get Mystery Liquids from either Djinns in Xagut Floodmeadow or Terra Ribbits/Polwigle in Lakutam Highroad.

Great!, also any clue on where white puff balls are?

I'm really confused with the Allium Orb, not how they work, but I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but Elize/Leia are still stuck with Pixie Circle and First Aid, I finished chapter 7 already and not having the sufficient healing spells is making me reverting to easy on boss fights.....

Great!, also any clue on where white puff balls are?

I'm really confused with the Allium Orb, not how they work, but I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but Elize/Leia are still stuck with Pixie Circle and First Aid, I finished chapter 7 already and not having the sufficient healing spells is making me reverting to easy on boss fights.....

Have you considered changing your elements for them. Going with a balanced run if you don't know what skills they are going to learn is probably better than focusing all on one element or two.

Or you can always look it up via Aselia.

kiryogi

Banned
OMG is this in the game right now? I need this! My Leia needs to be whooping ass looking like Mami!

T_T. Is it gonna come later or do you think they just aren't bringing it over? Homu-Milla looks amazing also.

Never coming, they were only in japan for 3 weeks and gone forever. Limited license deal. The cool part about these costumes too were that the chars did say stuff from the show. Like Leia would say "I can do this!". Famous last words for Mami :D

Xenoflare

Have you considered changing your elements for them. Going with a balanced run if you don't know what skills they are going to learn is probably better than focusing all on one element or two.

Or you can always look it up via Aselia.

Yeah, it totally flew over my mind. Chapter 7 and Ludger's having 0 points in darkness.

LOL.

Top Bottom