• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Firestar

How's the game so far everyone? I'm thinking I might pick this up early on next week. Do you get the characters from Xillia 1 pretty early on or does it take awhile for them to join the party? I need my Leia Aerial Combos! I really liked that about Xillia 1 that each character had a pretty fun fighting style to them, but I liked doing aerials with Leia so much that I pretty much spent more than 50% of Xillia 1 playing as her -___-

I have only played for a few hours and I seem to have quite a few Xillia 1 characters already. The game is good if you enjoyed the first one

I'm kind of glad that the newer Tales is doing away with TP.

I don't like the way it interacts with the team AI. If they have no TP I'll frequently see them run up to an enemy, attack once then back off instead of using all of their AC to build up TP through normal attacks.

At least casters will taunt so they'll atleast have some TP to cast when they run out.

ohlawd

can someone tell me why Nova keeps her eyes closed sometimes during a popup?

like wtf she looks dumb so it has to be a glitch.

Mohasus

Question about max affinity:

Is it really fuckin nothing? I grinded for a while with Milla and my reward was a title and a trophy.

edit: ah, I had to talk to her in Marksburg.

They need to come up with some shading solutions for their next game.

A couple of years ago I wouldn't mind this but recent games have shown that if you really want that "anime" aesthetic you need a proper shading system to handle how your models look from different camera angles.

Is there a cameo battle in this game?

Maybe its me but I can't help but feel that the plot is really forced, not a lot of things are making sense and the cast of the last game just seems to go with the flow... things just seem... off. I can't really explain it very well.

I'm just after where you get the alternate Milla

Vylash

holy fuck
Agria! and i had to kill her dimension :(
this game is really making me feel shitty about what i'm doing :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hmm plot is finally starting to get interesting. Just finished up chapter 7.

Persona7

Banned
I loaded up the first game really quick and I forgot I had the Milla idolmaster costume. It seems that costume covers more skin than the stock costume, lol.

Are the DLC costume codes in the game box in the CE or are they separate?

The code is in the steelbook with the soundtrack. The game itself is sealed and comes with a regular case and manual.

The world map makes travel a lot less tedious. Especially after having already played the first game, I wasn't fond of the idea of having to run everywhere but they made the right choice in giving it to you fairly early.

Yup my thoughts exactly as I said a few posts ago. Fast travel actually makes me want to get some of the side missions done, and see all of the character chapters, since getting to places is just so easy and effortless after you have been there once already.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It feels like the proper difficulty where the game is not braindead easy nor bullshit hard is moderate for regular mobs and normal for bosses. So tired of my AI partners getting one shot from nearly unavoidable AOE spells on moderate/hard.

I too did the same thing thing, until I decided to just stick to normal for the first playthrough, just to see the story. Easy is just laughably easy, I tried it out and normal enemies die with 2-3 normal attacks lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Glad they give you fast travel fairly early. I usually don't keep up with Tales games to surprise myself on release, but do we know how the maps in Zestiria are handled yet? I haven't been a fan of the fields the series have had over the old world map, but they've stuck with it for a decent while now it feels like.

Pancakes

Glad they give you fast travel fairly early. I usually don't keep up with Tales games to surprise myself on release, but do we know how the maps in Zestiria are handled yet? I haven't been a fan of the fields the series have had over the old world map, but they've stuck with it for a decent while now it feels like.

Zesteria had larger fields in the gameplay demo IIRC. I miss the overworld from Vesperia as well.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Holy crap. Got my CE today, and that box is MASSIVE. I had no idea it was going to be that big. Neat!

Waiting till tomorrow to dive into the game. I got my sound system set up in my new apartment today, so I'm ready to go.

cafemomo

where is the spirius corporation again?
I know it's nowhere near nia khera, but I still somehow ended up here (to see if it was still the same)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ahhhh,
Gaius just joined my party.
I've been wanting that to happen since I
first saw him in Xillia. Do you ever get his Xillia 1 costume?

Xenoflare

I noticed that if you swap
the Xillia 1's character outfit on there will be a change in the battle theme and victory theme, I swapped Alvin's and I got Jude's first battle theme, will Milla's first battle theme in here too? Because I loved that one.

Soriku

Yup my thoughts exactly as I said a few posts ago. Fast travel actually makes me want to get some of the side missions done, and see all of the character chapters, since getting to places is just so easy and effortless after you have been there once already.

I don't have the game yet. Are any errand board quests missable? If not, it'd be recommended to start doing them all once you get fast travel right?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
hooooly crap, I am actually getting rocked at the second boss. The bounce move just wrecks the entire party.

Sandfox

I'm making great progress and I'm already at the end of chapter 12.
Its also nice to see I guessed right about the relationship between Elle and Ludger.

FSLink

Banned
I noticed that if you swap
the Xillia 1's character outfit on there will be a change in the battle theme and victory theme, I swapped Alvin's and I got Jude's first battle theme, will Milla's first battle theme in here too? Because I loved that one.
The female cast gets Milla's battle theme in their old Xillia costumes.

Holy crap. Got my CE today, and that box is MASSIVE. I had no idea it was going to be that big. Neat!

Yeah this thing is gigantic, I was thinking that it would be smaller after symphonia hds compact size but it's even bigger than the original xillia! I have no idea where I can fit this lol.
A bit of an odd question maybe (I haven't opened the game up yet), but is there a track listing for the selection cd printed on the steelbook or included in the packaging anywhere?

Taruranto

CZ4yi9l.jpg

Alvin looking good! On other hand they gave Elize a fucking short skirt, stay classy Japan...

I'm going to guess Muze and Gaiuss are going to be the last to join?

kirby2096

Yeah this thing is gigantic, I was thinking that it would be smaller after symphonia hds compact size but it's even bigger than the original xillia! I have no idea where I can fit this lol.
A bit of an odd question maybe (I haven't opened the game up yet), but is there a track listing for the selection cd printed on the steelbook or included in the packaging anywhere?

It's printed on the back of the DLC code sheet in the steelbook.
The Music selection CD contains 15 tracks (out of 55 in the full OST) - vgmdb.net/album/45413

I don't have the game yet. Are any errand board quests missable? If not, it'd be recommended to start doing them all once you get fast travel right?

Tbh I didn't pay much attention to that. I'm just playing the game and doing whatever missions I want here and there, progressing through the story and paying off the loan lol.

I've quit a quest to clear room to take another, and that quest disappeared forever, but for the most part quests seem to be disposable.

FireCloud

Don't you just love when you take on an elite monster and everyone of your attacks and artes are resisted? I know I sure do. **grumble grumble**

MSMrRound

Currently finished Chapter 8 (featuring
Gaius
). Hopefully I'm not missing anything much in terms of missables. It feels weird when ToX was full of those missable additional cutscenes that had a short window frame to them...e.g conversation with Leia's mom about Jude's training.

So if I'm not wrong after a "intermission" where I clear some character episodes, I'll be meeting up with
Muzet
?

Not much missable stuff up to this point right?

So will that missable
cat Julius the 3rd or whatsoever
appear right before the end of the chapter?

Btw...I keep on hearing you guys talking about this Traces of Kinship sidequest...when is it available? Since I haven't really seen it yet...

Top Bottom