• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Started doing more character quests and getting old party members back and I think I'm starting to warm up to the game a lot more now. I've been keeping a habit of knocking out all the quests before I move on to the next area but I think I might stop it. It's getting really tedious to keep going back to lower level areas, kill 5 frogs, horses, and birds and repeat in the next chapter. You can usually hit the debt payment by killing the elite monster anyway.

Game is hovering between a 7 and an 8 for me right now. Solid improvement over the first game but some questionable decisions regarding VO, reused areas, and the skill orb cause issues for me.

Vylash

is it me or is this a lot harder than Xillia? been getting owned more than i'd like to admit, Elize needs to get Healing Circle yesterday

Negator

There's a lot of stuff going on in this game. I feel like stuff keeps coming at me at a very fast pace. Is this the most complex Tales game ever?

Bladenic

is it me or is this a lot harder than Xillia? been getting owned more than i'd like to admit, Elize needs to get Healing Circle yesterday

It is, definitely.

A lot of the challenge comes from the pre-determined party too, since you don't always have Elize (or Leia). And while everyone in the party has an instant heal move like Jude's, it's definitely not as good as Elize throwing off Nurse (plus Ressurection and Dispel).

Taruranto

I did almost all the quests that showed up the first time, but for some reason I can't accept the last one because I'm missing a title, what's up with that?

kiryogi

Banned
My Leia maid DLC is already imported :)

But do you have this?

30-tales-of-xillia-2-dlc-2.jpg

Thoraxes

I knew you were gonna rock that maid outfit for Leia ;o
Yup! Now I just need to find twintails and red glasses again...
Playing Tales of Xillia 1 right now, so this makes me feel 'a little' more okay about spending $2.99 per outfit.
It was part of the reason I went ahead with it, knowing i'd get to use it in ToX2. Plus, Leia is worth it!
But do you have this?

30-tales-of-xillia-2-dlc-2.jpg

I want that ;_;

I also wanted the Star Driver costumes too!

kirby2096

My Day One edition arrived a day earlier than I expected. It's no steelbook but at least it has a plastic slipcover so it won't out of place on the shelf.

I couldn't justify keeping the EU CE preorder, especially since there's no colour user manual, Rollo plushie, and the Rollo metalcase is crap compared to the steelbook/regular case combo in the US CE.

Oh god, the debt system is so obnoxious. I take it I should just never accumulate any money or I will be spammed to death?

Nova will call you when you have more than the debt amount is, for e.g. the debt is 70000 Gald, and you have 70001 Gald you can ignore her, but when you have 100000 Gald you must pay the debt.

Ravage

The bosses in Xillia 2 is a definite step up from the first. And its nice how every arte can be chained now.

Wow, "silent" Ludger is by far the weirdest thing about this game. He talks, but it's limited to "yeah" and "what?" and the like. So he's silent, but also... not. He clearly has a personality, as seen in the dialogue in the choices you make and in the diary. I can't fathom why they thought this was a good idea.

Loving everything else so far. The debt system isn't too too bad. Ludger is even more fun to use than Jude.

This mirrors my experience so far. Nova's antics actually made me laugh out a couple of times.

Negator

Something I'm noticing that I like is that I always have enough money for everything I want at the shops. It's really cool that if I want the special shop items I can go out and explore and look for the items needed to craft them. Just something optional and fun to do.

Mohasus

About to finish the game, just completed the last character episode. I didn't like most of them, but skipping would leave me underleveled. :(
Then again, the whole plot of this game is a joke so whatever. At least the combat and skits are still fun.

paolo11

I like the opening OST for this game. Ayumi Hamasaki did an amazing job providing great soundtracks for both games.

ohlawd

About to finish the game, just completed the last character episode. I didn't like most of them, but skipping would leave me underleveled. :(
Then again, the whole plot of this game is a joke so whatever. At least the combat and skits are still fun.
holy cow some of you are fast >_>

kewlmyc

Is it possible to have every single character affinity maxed in one playthrough?

SaintZ

Okay I'm confused about something. Just got to
Rieze Maxia and the game said it's a country on the other side of the ocean. Uh wasn't it shown to be a completely different world in Xillia?
Oh I was confused about this too, but then I remembered that in Xillia 1, Rowen's girl (Nachtigal's sister) ended up in Elympios after the Battle of Fezebel so I guess this has been the case all along, they just never explained it very well in the first game.

Necrovex

Being in this thread is killing me that I can't justify buying this game at the moment due to my already high expenditure this month. :-(

I need my Tales of fix; I need that drug in my veins; I need some bazongas!

Bladenic

Oh I was confused about this too, but then I remembered that in Xillia 1, Rowen's girl (Nachtigal's sister) ended up in Elympios after the Battle of Fezebel so I guess this has been the case all along, they just never explained it very well in the first game.

I thought they were only thought of as different worlds due to the schism or whatever it was called (the barrier or wall between them).

Is there any reason to worry about killing those elite monsters in under 2 minutes for anything other than a trophy? If I don't care about trophies, can I just ignore that?

thanks

so for the quest board stuff, is there any reason to complete them other than the rewards that they give?

By that I mean, if they don't give anything other than money and points, do I really need to complete them like crazy, or do just enough as i need to make money and level up?

Should you really be mostly just aiming for the ones that give you items and cats and other important stuff?

thanks

so for the quest board stuff, is there any reason to complete them other than the rewards that they give?

By that I mean, if they don't give anything other than money and points, do I really need to complete them like crazy, or do just enough as i need to make money and level up?

Should you really be mostly just aiming for the ones that give you items and cats and other important stuff?

I only did the cat ones and the elite monster ones, also there are quests with an exclamation mark, did them too, the other fetch quests you can do later.
The elite monsters are good for money and lvling up.

thanks, two final questions:

1. is there any reason to delay paying off your debt? Does it ever force you forward in the story causing you to miss sidequests or anything? Or should I just pay her off whenever I can just to get her to shut up?

2. Speaking of paying off the debt, I just got a pop up that there was something left for me in my apartment for my payments, but I'm not finding anything, anyone know what this is?

1. is there any reason to delay paying off your debt? Does it ever force you forward in the story causing you to miss sidequests or anything? Or should I just pay her off whenever I can just to get her to shut up?

2. Speaking of paying off the debt, I just got a pop up that there was something left for me in my apartment for my payments, but I'm not finding anything, anyone know what this is?

Besides getting her to let you to move onto the story, nothing is really withheld from you if you skim paying off your debt besides probably going crazy from hearing Nova so often, lol

You can find the gifts from paying off your debt in the mailboxes when you first enter your apartment building to the right. There should be a glowing mark like items you find in the fields there.

To 1.
Well not really, she even bothers you when you have to much money, so you have to pay nonetheless, and yes it forces you to pay the debt, you get new locations granted when you pay it off.
And it is necessary for story progression.

You can get your stuff at the apartment in Triglephin the 1F Fréres Apartment, it is in the mailbox glowing there.

ohlawd

welp, base healing isn't cutting it

Does Leia learn multi party heals and for which elements? My Elize has Nurse and Healing Circle

Top Bottom