• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| "Progress" It's Been 15 Years. . .

rykomatsu

Magicpaint said:
lol. How long before we start paying to unlock extra hi-ougis and skits now?! smh!

Well, they already had a paid beta test of sorts which was pretty close to that :)

You can thank all the otaku idolmaster dlc buyers for nbgi going this route...

Shouta

It has arrived! I will be opening it up shortly.

Oh sweet! I got the mascot charm. I didn't think I'd get one.

My Limited Edition OST has arrived.

For those who wanted to get it but didn't, and thought they would miss out on a download code for the game, rest assured because the 3 download cards are not for ingame use.

Datschge

Thoraxes said:
Man, i'm glad someone gave Sakuraba new soundbanks.

He's definitely using higher quality patches this time around, and his mix and EQ is a lot clearer than previous games he's worked on.

I need to see his studio.
img20091102212714.jpg

More on his site.

Aeana said:
I looked on my page. I could have sworn it used to say it would ship out September 8, 2011 somewhere on the order details page. Now it has no date anywhere. And the "cancel" button is still there at the top but I haven't tried clicking it. I went ahead and sent a message to their support. The reason why I am concerned is because I had an issue with my bank a little while ago and it may have affected this.
oh no. hope you get it sorted.

anyways play-asia shipped mine.

i'll be getting it tomorrow end of day as usual lulz.

Shouta

Man the DLC contents up on the PSN store already is ridiculous. Star Driver costumes for 500 yen a piece? Fuck that! I'll just take a few free items then be on my merry way.

Shouta said:
Man the DLC contents up on the PSN store already is ridiculous. Star Driver costumes for 500 yen a piece? Fuck that! I'll just take a few free items then be on my merry way.
secretly you'll go buy it and not tell anyone.

Shouta

This is a little weird. As soon as you start up the game and finish the install, it jumps straight into a cinematic and then you get to choose your character, no opening movie or regular title screen. I guess it'll unlock as you get into it a bit with this being a bit of a prologue.

I've found one annoying feature config option they overlooked already. It's a personal preference of course but the automatic dialogue option is universal so it works for both talking with NPCs and the cutscenes. Would've preferred it for just the scenes and not for NPCs. =|

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looking forward to your full impressions Shouta, that and how you'll be ranking ToX compared to the rest of the Tales games.

Aeana

DMPrince said:
oh no. hope you get it sorted.

anyways play-asia shipped mine.

i'll be getting it tomorrow end of day as usual lulz.
There was an issue. Glad I contacted them. Got it all sorted out, and how it shipped. Yay.
Estimated delivery Sep 9, 2011 by 10:30 AM

Synless

I had been staying out of this threadbfor spoiler reasons, but I read you choose a character this time around? Is that correct? Who are the choices and how does it alter the game?

xero273

Synless said:
I had been staying out of this threadbfor spoiler reasons, but I read you choose a character this time around? Is that correct? Who are the choices and how does it alter the game?

A guy named Jude and a woman named Milla.

Synless said:

You can choose to start as either Milla or Jude, which changes the opening scenario of the game.

toxtopicselect.png

One Tale, Two Characters
New to the Tales series is the ability to choose the hero. Pick between Jude and Milla. Both have their own prospective on the plot and different opening movies

Mine shipped. Yay. Somehow the estimated delivery date is tomorrow. I want to know what kind of crazy black hole technology UPS is using to make that happen.

pancakesandsex said:
Mine shipped. Yay. Somehow the estimated delivery date is tomorrow. I want to know what kind of crazy black hole technology UPS is using to make that happen.
overnighted on the plane. coffee+energy drink the rest of today and tomorrow.

DMPrince said:
overnighted on the plane. coffee+energy drink the rest of today and tomorrow.

RK told me that conbini clerks and emo teenagers use the power of love to teleport it to foreigners and I believe him.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Mine has also shipped. Yaaaaay. Forgive my lack of enthusiasm, but I am dead tired. Whoever decided to schedule an analytical chemistry lecture at 8 AM is an insane person. *naps*

And screw the DLC costumes. If I'm desperate for one (ie: if it changes the battle theme to something cool), I'll find a way to purchase one. But they're way too expensive. No thanks.

Really looking forward to Shouta's impressions.

LiK

xero273 said:
yes, dlc is region locked. so jp disc needs dlc from jp store.
Ok, guess I'll need to make a new jpn account. After PSN hack, I forget all my pws in other regions.

matmanx1

No word yet from NCS but it's early for them yet. I'll keep tabs on my email today on my work breaks and hope for the best. I'm jelly of you guys who have the game already!

Bury

Neo Member
Mine copy has shipped. Estimated Delivery: Tomorrow at 5:00pm but I have to start work at 4:30 and I don't finish until 10 ;_; so I guess I'll be playing it on saturday

pancakesandsex said:
Oh shit, I havent logged into mine since the hack. I probably need to get on that.
i logged in mine. still have a bit of cash from buying malicious. won't be enough for any DLC obviously lulz.

DMPrince said:
i logged in mine. still have a bit of cash from buying malicious. won't be enough for any DLC obviously lulz.

Gonna hold off on the dlc because star driver was terrible and most of it will probably be available when the ENTHUSIASM fueled US version comes out and I'm not gonna double dip on costumes.

Shouta

ULTROS! said:
Looking forward to your full impressions Shouta, that and how you'll be ranking ToX compared to the rest of the Tales games.

The opening sequence is really, really nice. A lot more interesting than the other Tales games and it hits all the right points I think. It does a few interesting things right off the bat. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other Tales game that has an opening sequence that is this well done, at least off the top of my head.

Battle system seems ok so far, I just did the tutorial battle for the link system but I haven't had a chance to mess with it a bit more, will do after this post. TP gain seems to be ok at the moment, you really build it up quick if you you're just doing regular attacks and not using it. Jude's Instant Teleport dodge is very nice and very good for keeping on the offense and I already got the skill that increases the CC gauge (or whatever they're calling it) when I successfully do it. The Gauge starts off at four and only goes up when you land a critical or so.

Graphics are good, definitely same as Graces but the design and aesthetics is a big step above. The lip-synch is a little loose and the general direction of the scenes is a bit messy because a lot of the talking scenes are can be advanced by the player or so. This gives some of the talking and movements a bit of a lag or pause inbetween things that feels a bit unnatural but is something that is kind of unavoidable the way they did it. This system is noticable if you set the automatic dialogue forwarding to off so you have to hit Circle to advance it. It'll stop even during normal talking scenes.

Eh, that's it for now. Only an hour or two in so I'm just starting out.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Shouta said:
Jude's Instant Teleport dodge is very nice and very good for keeping on the offense and I already got the skill that increases the CC gauge (or whatever they're calling it) when I successfully do it. The Gauge starts off at four and only goes up when you land a critical or so.
A lot of this sounds really nice so far.

When you get into it a little more, I'd like to know your opinion on how Jude plays in comparison to Senel... in terms of artes, regular attacks and animation speeds if that's possible, of course. Ah, I should compare them on my own when I get the game. :lol

xero273

matmanx1 said:
No word yet from NCS but it's early for them yet. I'll keep tabs on my email today on my work breaks and hope for the best. I'm jelly of you guys who have the game already!

Usually afternoon is when ncs starts sending emails out. If you get charged today then it is a good sign that they are shipping today.

EDIT: yep, as i typed this, i just got charged from ncs. So tomorrow it is.

Zhund0r

Neo Member
LiK said:
Ok, guess I'll need to make a new jpn account. After PSN hack, I forget all my pws in other regions.

I had the same problem a few days ago, but it turns out you can attempt to login with your japanese account on your PS3 and they will send a new mail for choosing a new passwort again after you confirmed your mail during this process. I know, the links in the old mails aren't working anymore...

Otherwise, try it out here (It's basically the same user database and you only need your e-mail and birth date)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Shouta said:
God no, not wasting my money on that! That's a almost a full game for that set of costumes!
Shouta, the reason why the Star Driver costumes are so expensive is that it's not just the costume but it comes with accessories as well. You can remove and add pieces of the costume to other costumes and such. But you're right, the price is still ridiculous.

LiK

Zhund0r said:
I had the same problem a few days ago, but it turns out you can attempt to login with your japanese account on your PS3 and they will send a new mail for choosing a new passwort again after you confirmed your mail during this process. I know, the links in the old mails aren't working anymore...

Otherwise, try it out here (It's basically the same user database and you only need your e-mail and birth date)
Yea, I made the mistake of using a fake email and no email verification when I signed up. I was following a guide on Youtube.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
kayos90 said:
Shouta, the reason why the Star Driver costumes are so expensive is that it's not just the costume but it comes with accessories as well. You can remove and add pieces of the costume to other costumes and such. But you're right, the price is still ridiculous.
I still think it's kind of effed up that there aren't a lot of in-game costumes in this one just because a lot of them look like they're DLC. I understand the collaboration/commercial costumes being DLC (and maybe the previous Tales character costumes), but not, like, swimsuits, hair attachments, maid/butler costumes, and school uniform costumes.

Just noticed that a lot of you paid for express shipping. I hope I don't pull an RPGCrazied while waiting for my copy (because I'm a cheapo). At least I got my copy of Xenoblade to occupy myself with. >.>

The trophies popped up on PS3trophies.org.

The lack of real numbers is a bit upsetting (descriptions for the trophies don't give how much you need, they only tell you to get "the most" of whatever that trophy is)

I'd say that most of them won't be that hard to get (it could take a long time however).
The fact there are 2 playable characters/story is making me wonder how completing
monsters, items, subevents etc
at 100% will be handled.
Do you get to keep everything you managed to record in the first story when you decide to play with the other chracter, or is everything obtainable in both parts.

Trophies in Japanese from PS3trophies.org said:
モンスタードクター
モンスター記録の登録数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。エクシリアのモンスターを誰よりも知り尽くしたあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

アイテムクレイジー
アイテム記録の登録数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。エクシリアのアイテムを誰よりも知り尽くしたあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

誰よりもサブイベンター
最大サブイベント達成数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。エクシリアのサブイベントを誰よりも知り尽くしたあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

ラジオ
最大ロングチャット再生数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。エクシリアのロングチャットを誰よりも知り尽くしたあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

開けずにいられない
最大宝箱発見数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。エクシリアの宝箱を誰よりも知り尽くしたあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

ペタトレジャーマン
最大ランダムトレジャー発見数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。エクシリアのランダムトレジャーを誰よりも知り尽くしたあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

海賊王
最大アイフリードの秘宝発見数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。エクシリアのアイフリードの秘宝を誰よりも知り尽くしたあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

漆黒の片翼
漆黒の羽を交換屋に渡した数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。多くの漆黒の羽をあなたは見た!

道具屋VIP
道具屋のショップレベルが基準値を突破した者への贈り物。道具屋で最高のもてなしを受ける権利を得たあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

武器屋VIP
武器屋のショップレベルが基準値を突破した者への贈り物。武器屋で最高のもてなしを受ける権利を得たあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

防具屋VIP
防具屋のショップレベルが基準値を突破した者への贈り物。防具屋で最高のもてなしを受ける権利を得たあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

装飾品屋VIP
装飾品屋のショップレベルが基準値を突破した者への贈り物。装飾品屋で最高のもてなしを受ける権利を得たあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

料理屋VIP
料理屋のショップレベルが基準値を突破した者への贈り物。料理屋で最高のもてなしを受ける権利を得たあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

魔物討伐騎士
エンカウント数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。多くの戦いを経験したあなたはまさに戦士。

レアモンスター教授
特殊シンボル撃破数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。多くの発見をしたあなたはまさに冒険家。

グレート・コンボイスト
最大連続ヒット数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。ここが折り返し地点!

残忍なやつ
弱点攻撃回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。華麗に決める弱点攻撃はまさに外道。

共鳴術技総代
共鳴術技使用回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。共鳴術技を使わせればナンバー1。

チェインワンダラー
共鳴術技チェイン回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

メンタリスト
オートアイテム使用回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。他人の考えや行動を見抜き、己の力とする。

スンゲーシェフ
料理効果発動回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。料理の道を究めんと止まない者。

集中回避マスター
ジュードを操作中に集中回避使用回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

精霊術マスター
ミラを操作中に魔技使用回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

チャージマスター
アルヴィンを操作中にチャージ使用回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

ティポマスター
エリーゼ操作中にスイッチングティポ使用回数が基準値を突破した者へ贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

調律マスター
ローエンを操作中に術後調律使用回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

活伸棍術マスター
レイアを操作中に活伸棍術使用回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

レストア上手
ジュードのレストア発動回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

縛り上手
ミラのバインド発動回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

ブレイ家ー
アルヴィンのブレイカー発動回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

吸い付き魔
エリーゼのティポドレイン発動回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

鉄壁の精霊術士
ローエンのオートマジックガード発動回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

すげえぶんどり屋
レイアのアイテムスティール発動回数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。まだまだ上を目指してください!

黒帯拳法使い
ジュードの術・技、スキルの獲得数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。戦闘という大空を華麗に羽ばたくあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

精霊の主
ミラの術・技、スキルの獲得数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。戦闘という大空を華麗に羽ばたくあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

最強傭兵
アルヴィンの術・技、スキルの獲得数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。戦闘という大空を華麗に羽ばたくあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

プロ精霊術士
エリーゼの術・技、スキルの獲得数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。戦闘という大空を華麗に羽ばたくあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

天才軍師
ローエンの術・技、スキルの獲得数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。戦闘という大空を華麗に羽ばたくあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

流派伝承者
レイアの術・技、スキルの獲得数が基準値を突破した者への贈り物。戦闘という大空を華麗に羽ばたくあなたに贈る最高の名誉。

Secret Trophies

エクシリアマスター
TOX完全制覇の証。ここまで遊んでくれてありがとう!

リーゼ・マクシアを知る者
テイルズ オブ エクシリア本編第1部を終了。引き続きお楽しみ下さい!

リーゼ・マクシアを行く者
テイルズ オブ エクシリア本編第2部を終了。引き続き彼らの旅をお楽しみ下さい!

リーゼ・マクシアの秘に触れし者
テイルズ オブ エクシリア本編第3部を終了。いよいよ物語は佳境へ突入!

揺るぎなき信念で挑む者
クリアおめでとうございます!ジュードの物語は完結しました。

揺るぎなき信念を貫く者
クリアおめでとうございます!ミラの物語は完結しました。

地上最強
この世で最も強いといわれる剣士、黄金魔剣士を撃破しました。

Aeana

Dark Schala said:
I still think it's kind of effed up that there aren't a lot of in-game costumes in this one just because a lot of them look like they're DLC. I understand the collaboration/commercial costumes being DLC (and maybe the previous Tales character costumes), but not, like, swimsuits, hair attachments, maid/butler costumes, and school uniform costumes.

Just noticed that a lot of you paid for express shipping. I hope I don't pull an RPGCrazied while waiting for my copy (because I'm a cheapo). At least I got my copy of Xenoblade to occupy myself with. >.>
I think it's always worth it to pay that extra $10 for courier shipping for international stuff. Otherwise, yeah, you end up with an RPGCrazied situation where it can take 1-2 months to arrive.

Dark Schala said:

idk. but $20 for 2-3 day with UPS is quite fast and affordable. and since i bought the asian version total came out to be $87 which is cheap ;D

kiryogi

Banned
Dark Schala said:

Heh, I went with a domestic store, but I always go EMS for titles I must have day one plus.

Top Bottom