• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| "Progress" It's Been 15 Years. . .

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Magicpaint said:
Sounds like Sakuraba 'Team Symphonia-esque' battle themes.
Maybe it's just me but I don't think so. Maybe back then it was MIDI or something but it sounded really arcade like in the Team Symphonia battle themes. These don't.

kiryogi

Banned
Ah that Nico video wasn't completely all of them. I must say I like Millas themes a lot. Definitely a BK vibe from them.

Droplet

Wow, Milla's themes are great! Gives me flashbacks to Eternal Sonata's soundtrack. Jude's is the usual, not bad but not that good either.

Hopefully this game comes out here! I'll be looking at impressions from the import crew.

matmanx1

I'm almost certainly going Jude first. I dig martial arts type characters anyway.

Got my shipping upgraded with NCS today. As long as they ship out Thursday I should have it by Friday in preparation for getting the new PS3 set up this weekend. /fingers crossed

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
matmanx1 said:
I'm almost certainly going Jude first. I dig martial arts type characters anyway.

Got my shipping upgraded with NCS today. As long as they ship out Thursday I should have it by Friday in preparation for getting the new PS3 set up this weekend. /fingers crossed
Good luck to you!

MechaX

kayos90 said:

Jude's Themes: generic sakuraba, snoozeville

Milla's Themes: Whoa, now this is the Sakuraba that I have been missing all of these years.

aw. i'm part of the second or third or later shipment. so i'll get it shipped on thursday. oh well. i got other things to play in the meantime lol

Aeana

DMPrince said:
aw. i'm part of the second or third or later shipment. so i'll get it shipped on thursday. oh well. i got other things to play in the meantime lol
How do you know that?

So.... how much differences in the story between playing as Jude or Milla ?

Don't tell me the whole game and I need to play it twice to see the everything!!!

Dammit, JRPG game should have only 1 main Character to focus on his\her path and only 1 story..... not two main characters to select from, we are talking about 40+ hours of each playthrough -_-"

Nix

Banned
The Praiseworthy said:
So.... how much differences in the story between playing as Jude or Milla ?

Don't tell me the whole game and I need to play it twice to see the everything!!!

Dammit, JRPG game should have only 1 main Character to focus on his\her path and only 1 story..... not two main characters to select from, we are talking about 40+ hours of each playthrough -_-"
Arc the lad was handled pretty well. I say if you can do it, do it, so we can get perspectives from multiple different facets. Like in VC, it was nice seeing where Selvaria stood, except as being labelled as that nasty ass, one shot motherfucker.

Jude and Milla's first battle themes are decent...ly good. Others not so much. I think they need to bring in a new composer for this series...

Zafir

Sagitario said:
Finally watched Milla's opening... ENTHUSIASM!
We are never getting get this game in the west, aren't we? :(
Looks unlikely at the moment, though it's too early to tell. :(

I dunno, if it looks very unlikely that we'll get a release, I'll probably import and use a translation guide. I really don't want it to come to that though. Not a fan of having to use translation guides.

Nix said:
Arc the lad was handled pretty well. I say if you can do it, do it, so we can get perspectives from multiple different facets. Like in VC, it was nice seeing where Selvaria stood, except as being labelled as that nasty ass, one shot motherfucker.

Arc the lad TOTS and Folklore also Suikoden III for example did it perfectly in only 1 main playthrough... so you don't have to play the game more than once to see the whole story.

but to select one character and then you need to start all over again with the other one for 40+ hours of playing.... it's just too much -_-"

That if this is what ToX doing.

rykomatsu

PoorFate said:
I don't mind if I get the game a little late. Just gives me more time to study. I also have Xenoblade and 999 to get through as well.

Isn't it better to get it early since your classes won't be as difficult now as they would be later? :p

kiryogi

Banned
NCSX is starting to worry me. They usually do daily updates and have a release forecast for the week, even on holidays! Is it the hurricane? Can't say I've kept up on that, but a mix of last week with GKH and now this week is making it a bit concerning.

MechaX

Bel Marduk said:
Jude and Milla's first battle themes are decent...ly good. Others not so much. I think they need to bring in a new composer for this series...

What they need to do is get Go Shiina back in.

Aeana said:
Well, unlike him, I have plenty to do besides waiting for a game to arrive.

Oh, you say that now. They always say that. Hell, he said that early on, but look what happened!

Zhund0r

Neo Member
AmiAmi Your Order is Ready!‏

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Payment done! Go to hell wallet!

€79,84 EUR = ¥8.430 JPY including EMS shipping :D

@ Rarutos: Thank you sooooooo much for recommending this shop! You're the man! Seriously!

btw: Did you get your payment e-mail, too? Damn, I'm pretty excited and I'm curious, if I'll still get the pre order bonus.

Netto-kun

Sweet, CDJapan shipped my order. :D

Thank you for shopping at CDJapan.

We shipped your order today.

Order Items:
================================
BLJS-10120
Game/TALES OF XILLIA [PS3][PS3]
PS3 1 x 7980 yen 2011/09/08 release

Datschge

MechaX said:
What they need to do is get Go Shiina back in.
Shiina never worked with Tales Studio (and his amount of contributions for the newer RM spin offs is comparatively few as well).

Kyon

Banned
my $55 ebay copy shipped, my poor wallet seriously im broke as hell, and i bought Disgaea 4 today which i havent even played, then comes Totori and ICO collection, fuck

kiryogi

Banned
Been watching all night. D: Non major cutscenes looks so bad. . . Stiff as hell. God, I want another Tales with TD and Tatsuro Udo. That aside, I really like Tippo.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Kyon said:
my $55 ebay copy shipped, my poor wallet seriously im broke as hell, and i bought Disgaea 4 today which i havent even played, then comes Totori and ICO collection, fuck
Did they have more cheap copies?

I haven't bothered to follow much about Xillia since it'll be awhile before it's localised (if at all) and I don't want to divert my attention away from Graces F

...but these live streams are so damn addictive...

I like that the targeting arrow also tells you how much HP an opponent has left.

kiryogi

Banned
CruxisMana said:
I haven't bothered to follow much about Xillia since it'll be awhile before it's localised (if at all) and I don't want to divert my attention away from Graces F

...but these live streams are so damn addictive...

I like that the targeting arrow also tells you how much HP an opponent has left.

First featured in Graces actually

Also, Jude opening.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15538255

kiryogi said:
First featured in Graces actually.

Even better.

Again, I didn't bother following Graces much either to avoid getting excited for nothing.

The OP's are nice as well. Only minor variations between them though, not that I would really have expected much more.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Jude OP also on Abyssal Chronicles.

It's pretty identical to the Milla OP, but with more focus on Jude. I like them both. If Jude is as acrobatic in the game as he is in the OP, then maybe he'll be a lot of fun to play around with.

jiggle

i think i prefer Production I.G
if only for the faces

the animation does look good though
love the beginning part on the mountain

Top Bottom