• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| "Progress" It's Been 15 Years. . .

Well at least I got my shipping notification while I was sleeping, should be here Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait for GOTY N°2 X_X

Shouta

Oh god, Tippo is really creepy looking in chats and he looks like that critter from .hack. His trolling face is kinda scary.

Anyway, it's really strange having Jude as the primary healer in this early part of the game, they really make you use the Link system to do it. You don't get many front-line characters that can heal in games, heal effectively I mean.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
393519900.jpg

:D

seipherzero

Neo Member
Alright, mine just got in from Play-Asia (FedEx'd) this morning :D!

Been so damn enthusiastic for this game ;].

XllsB.jpg

& Millia charm!
6zi1A.jpg

Gah, I hope my mascot charm is going to be Xillia's normal outfit too and not the Cameo outfit. I don't really like Jude and Milla in those costumes.
50/50 chance however.

Jimrpg

what other tales games can i get?

is it just tales of symphonia for the 360 that got translated into english? did that get released in PAL regions?

arbok26 said:
what other tales games can i get?

is it just tales of symphonia for the 360 that got translated into english? did that get released in PAL regions?

WAIT WHAT ??

Ok you're into the wrong place...

Tales of SYMPHONIA is a GC game ( it got a PS2 version in japanese and that's all )
Tales of Vesperia got a enhanced edition for the PS3 in japan ..No english version available (YET ..a patch in progress but requires a jailbroken PS3 so don't count on it )
The 360 Vesperia version was released everywhere ..( JAPAN , US, EUROPE )

If you're looking at the PS3 , there is also TAles of Graces F but again it's in japanese but a official US release in on the way MAYBE ( maybe ) in 2012.

Here we are getting hyped by Tales of Xillia , the first Tales of BUILT IN for the PS3 , that seems so far to convince everyone so far ( and it seems it's selling well too ) ..

Aeana

R_thanatos said:
If you're looking at the PS3 , there is also TAles of Graces F but again it's in japanese but a official US release in on the way MAYBE ( maybe ) in 2012.
It's definitely 2012. It's just a matter of when in 2012 - probably February.

Aeana said:
It's definitely 2012. It's just a matter of when in 2012 - probably February.
you're right ..but i'm so starved by NAMCO in regard of tales of ( so many titles not translated ) that i'm not screaming victory UNLESS i have Graces F box in my hands..

Next week , 'ill probably scream "SUGOOI" once i'll tear appart the outer packaging with Xillia inside.

LiK

NCS got the PS3 LE in, but the price is the same. i thought someone mentioned they would lower it cuz of the PS3 price drop. and i'm not sure if they include the charms...

Jucksalbe

Banned
LiK said:
i thought someone mentioned they would lower it cuz of the PS3 price drop.
That's what they told me. Well, this is what they told me in two separate mails:
we expect to reduce the price of the bundle commensurately with the lowered retail price in Japan
we confirm that the lowered price will be applied to existing preorders

i am confused with UPS and PA time. lol.

For UPS at the top it says last updated

09/09/2011 1:01 P.M. Eastern Time
ZKPTB.png

Play-Asia
cyXwr.png

Fed-ex makes it easier. got a dropdown box to change it to my local time.

and only reason i ask because at first it showed tracking number on ups.

then earlier it showed a date to be arrived on monday. and now it just shows tracking number again o_O

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just got Alvin. Really liking the battle system so far... seems a lot more fluid than Graces F was.

DMPrince said:
i am confused with UPS and PA time. lol.

For UPS at the top it says last updated

09/09/2011 1:01 P.M. Eastern Time
ZKPTB.png

Play-Asia
cyXwr.png

Fed-ex makes it easier. got a dropdown box to change it to my local time.

and only reason i ask because at first it showed tracking number on ups.

then earlier it showed a date to be arrived on monday. and now it just shows tracking number again o_O

I had the same issue with the monday thing. Mine is now in customs in KY. I am in NY.

First 2 timestamps are in HK time, the rest are in destination time I believe. UPS site will show everything on destination time.

pancakesandsex said:
I had the same issue with the monday thing. Mine is now in customs in KY. I am in NY.

First 2 timestamps are in HK time, the rest are in destination time I believe. UPS site will show everything on destination time.
alright. monday it is then!

Bury

Neo Member
Got my copy just right now but I have to go to work in an hour and a half. I'll probably play for 45 min and post my impressions when I get back from work. Also, I got the jude charm with him in the cless costume. Looks pretty neat.

LiK

So just got shipping confirmation from NCS and price is the same. Emailed them about it using the reply that was posted here. Need to know.

Labadal

I demand
am begging for
more impressions!

Mostly interested in:
Battle system, how do you like it and who is most fun controlling atm in the game?
How the overworld maps work, like DQ8 or FF12?
Soundtrack opinions.

I'm not expecting many impressions yet, but I hope to see some in a few days.

Jucksalbe

Banned
LiK said:
So just got shipping confirmation from NCS and price is the same. Emailed them about it using the reply that was posted here. Need to know.
I haven't received anything yet. Please post again when you get an answer.

rykomatsu

seipherzero said:
Alright, mine just got in from Play-Asia (FedEx'd) this morning :D!

Your cover insert is warped. I'd ask for an exchange and send it back to HK right away :p

Got a Milla charm as well :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kagari said:
Just got Alvin. Really liking the battle system so far... seems a lot more fluid than Graces F was.
Well, that's quite a statement. I hope it holds up to Graces F's standards, at least...

I want a Jude charm. :3

Labadal said:
Soundtrack opinions.
Now this I can elaborate on... when my boyfriend gets his LE soundtrack. He paid for express shipping on that one, so I'm guessing he may have gotten it today or will get it on Monday. Though when he had listened to the themes in the stream he exclaimed, "This is the Sakuraba I know and have been waiting for to return!"

Shinriji

It's killing me seeing my JP friends list playing Xillia and I will wait some months to play....Graces F.

ENTHUSIASM.

Bury

Neo Member
Apparently, the code that I got with the game is not working. I'm in despair ;_; I really want that custom theme too. Anyone else having the same problem? It's not letting me redeem my code from the JP PSN

Aeana

Bury said:
Apparently, the code that I got with the game is not working. I'm in despair ;_; I really want that custom theme too. Anyone else having the same problem? It's not letting me redeem my code from the JP PSN
Are you using it with the right store? If you got the Asian version, you have to use it with the HK store. Japanese version must be used with the Japan store.

Aeana

Getting started now. Lordy, the pre-character select scenes made it really easy to choose who to play.

Milla go.

matmanx1

LiK said:

Lik NCS charged me $599 also. I've already gotten my Paypal statement so it's a done deal. So much for passing along the savings, eh? I'll send them an email. I bet its just a mistake.

LiK

matmanx1 said:
Lik NCS charged me $599 also. I've already gotten my Paypal statement so it's a done deal. So much for passing along the savings, eh? I'll send them an email. I bet its just a mistake.

over an hour and still no reply which is weird. they usually respond fairly quickly. maybe they have no reason, lol

Aeana

Jucksalbe said:
How did it work in Graces?
Each title has a number of skills and traits attached to it. You equip titles, and your currently equipped title earns SP after battle, which lets you learn those skills and traits associated with each title.

In Xillia they're pretty much just like achievements that give you grade.

Labadal

Dark Schala said:
Now this I can elaborate on... when my boyfriend gets his LE soundtrack. He paid for express shipping on that one, so I'm guessing he may have gotten it today or will get it on Monday. Though when he had listened to the themes in the stream he exclaimed, "This is the Sakuraba I know and have been waiting for to return!"

Excitement beginulate! I can't wait to hear the music. I know everyone always says Tales music is predictable, etc, but I enjoy it most of the time. An inspired Sakuraba sounds great.

Aeana said:
Each title has a number of skills and traits attached to it. You equip titles, and your currently equipped title earns SP after battle, which lets you learn those skills and traits associated with each title.
Kind of like what they did with the weapons in Vesperia?

kiryogi

Banned
Woo that prologue took a bit. But Milla go!

That said, it seems Finishing Strike has evolved/changed into Link Artes. In the sense that you execute it with timing once the opportunity is given. So far though, Link mode is actually pretty neat.

Also TP/AC actually recharge at a very reasonable rate so far. You can also regain AC very easily thru bonuses during combat.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aeana said:
The title system is so blah compared to Graces's finally good implementation. Oh well.
That's quite disappointing to hear. I spent hours on titles in Graces and really enjoyed how they implemented the system.

Labadal said:
Excitement beginulate! I can't wait to hear the music. I know everyone always says Tales music is predictable, etc, but I enjoy it most of the time. An inspired Sakuraba sounds great.
Well, he's a Sakuraba fanboy so he'll be a little biased... He should be finishing work soon so I'll call and ask if he got it yet. I hope it's better than the Graces soundtrack. Despite having a few gems, I was pretty underwhelmed by it.

pancakesandsex said:

yeah. it just updated again. Play-asia removed the in transit to Louisville, KY. on UPS.com it's in Alaska unless there's an Anchorage in Arkansas lol.

I think I'm having the same issue too. First it said it was in transit to Lousville, now an arrival scan at Anchorage, now two more departure scans from Kwai Chang and Chek Lap Kok.

Not sure what's going on. Regardless, I'm hoping it arrives. Could be just an erorr with the tracking.

kiryogi

Banned
Okay lies on the TP. Still seems typical. Only seemed like during prologue that it was very giving. XD AC is still good however. Doesn't seem very restrictive yet.

Aeana

Milla is really weird with her ability setup. That'll take some getting used to. I like magic having two modes based on whether you tap or hold the button though.

Also loving the field chat or whatever it's called, even if Milla is only talking to herself so far.

Not really understanding exactly how AC works yet, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

Top Bottom