• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| "Progress" It's Been 15 Years. . .

salromano

Kyon said:
I know Japanese, but for the people importing who do not, or if this is their first Tales game you should post it for them

Well, it's in Japanese, so I don't quite see what you're getting it, but here it is:

Really curious how this game turns out. Famitsu likes it for whatever that's worth.

You just get a weird feeling when half of the trailers and news seems to be about dlc costumes instead of the actual game.

Aeana said:
Clearly, I am about to receive payback for getting my copy of Xenoblade way before RPGCrazied.
haha. that would suck. i'm checking every minute to see when PA has it shipped out out.

made a bet with BlazingDarkness that i would get the game before RPGCrazied does. please don't come bite me in the butt for saying that lol.

shwimpy

Wait, there's a version of this game with Korean subtitles? Is that the Asian version or is there a specific Korean version?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
shwimpy said:
Wait, there's a version of this game with Korean subtitles? Is that the Asian version or some other version?
No, it's the same thing as Graces f. It's Japanese with Korean packaging and Korean Guidebook that translates the script in Korean. However, the Pre-order period for Xillia is already over. You have to buy the leftovers, if there is any, after the release date.

kayos90

shwimpy said:
Oh okay... =(

'Cause I saw this and got excited. Oh well, guess I have to wait for a potential U.S. release.
Same here. I actually really wanted the KR version instead of the Asian version even if it wasn't subbed. I lost my chance though. Oh well.

Aeana

I checked in on the stream. It is funny to watch all of the Japanese dudes insulting the English speakers in the chat.

kayos90

Are they really insulting them? Personally I don't think the English speakers should talk. They're alienating themselves.

I don't want to spoil myself yet, but what's happening in the stream? Japanese speakers insulting English speakers because they are English? Or because they are being stream monsters?

Also, hoping my play-asia order goes from "preparing order" to "shipped" today.

kayos90

PoorFate said:
I don't want to spoil myself yet, but what's happening in the stream? Japanese speakers insulting English speakers because they are English? Or because they are being stream monsters?

Also, hoping my play-asia order goes from "preparing order" to "shipped" today.
Honestly, the English speakers were being big asses. They were being racist and crap. Anyway, I think he's a couple hours into the game. They just met Elise.

kayos90 said:
Honestly, the English speakers were being big asses. They were being racist and crap.

Yeah. Whatever was being said about them in Japanese was probably deserved.

I stopped watching when people started post spoilers. Luckily someone posted a big warning so I managed to avoid it.

jiggle said:
just hopped in the stream
uh
there's no world map??????????

Same as Hearts and Graces.

Nix

Banned
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Opened the stream just in time for the player to start fishing for panty shots. >_>
Hey, if it's gotta happen, it's gotta happen. You don't want some girl with kawaii waii bear panties do you? (actually, some of you might, so scratch that)

Want to see some basic arte's. Will try to tell the guy to speed it up.

Pyrokai said:
Should I be expecting an English localization announcement, or should I not even get my hopes up? :( :( :( :( :(
you should be worried that they stopped talking about Graces F ever since they said it was coming to NA.

Pyrokai

Seriously, what the hell??? Once again, I was born in the wrong country for gaming.

So can someone program Japanese into my brain?

I saw some of the streaming.... god I really love the new direction the series is taking!

Finally the Characters are tall like normal anime human being :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I like Japanese manuals a lot. They're so colourful and informative... And I'm glad I missed that streaming. I wouldn't have been able to resist! :lol

I see my CC got charged too. I hope it ships today!

My wallet is going to hate me this week. Tuition + texts + Tales of Xillia... oh my.

Torraz said:
Those ~10 days that yesasia takes to ship are going to be hard :(.
I feel ya. I have to wait a while since I chose a slower shipping speed. Ah well. I'm looking forward to everyone else's impressions before I get it.

kiryogi

Banned
Dark Schala said:
I like Japanese manuals a lot. They're so colourful and informative... And I'm glad I missed that streaming. I wouldn't have been able to resist! :lol

My wallet is going to hate me this week. Tuition + texts + Tales of Xillia... oh my.

I feel ya. I have to wait a while since I chose a slower shipping speed. Ah well. I'm looking forward to everyone else's impressions before I get it.
This entire month is murder on my wallet...

For those that missed Milla's OP, it's also available over @ Abyssal Chronicles

Dark Schala said:

good. colored manuals are awesome. i hate when manuals are in B/W or it's like 2 pages of shit lol.

I picked UPS with PA. I really hope they ship out today lol. so I can get it friday or at least monday!

kayos90

DMPrince said:
good. colored manuals are awesome. i hate when manuals are in B/W or it's like 2 pages of shit lol.

I picked UPS with PA. I really hope they ship out today lol. so I can get it friday or at least monday!
You'll probably get it by Monday. I think they'll ship it tomorrow or Thursday.

I'll need to resist hearing the OST once it arrives in 2-3 days...

I think it'll have more of an impact on me if I can abstain myself and hear the songs in the context of the game.

9BR

Neo Member
This shit better get localized. The game looks amazing so far, and I'm really pumped for the character selection thing.
Curse you Namco.

kayos90

Are a lot of people going to start with Milla rather than Jude? That seems to be the case in a lot of places.

Paracelsus

kayos90 said:
Are a lot of people going to start with Milla rather than Jude? That seems to be the case in a lot of places.

Maybe because once they've spent many hours and farmed lots of grades they're just going to overpower the Jude playthrough and get done with it fast.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
kiryogi said:
For those that missed Milla's OP, it's also available over @ Abyssal Chronicles
Thanks. It looks great. Can't wait to see it on my TV.

The battle BGM...
sounds like Sakuraba all right. The second BGM is different though, so I like it. But with that said, I hope that isn't all of it.

I don't know if I want to start with either Jude or Milla. I'm leaning towards Milla considering this is the first time a Tales game has a female main character.

In the end, I'll be going through the game with both, so it's just a matter of who to start with.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
kayos90 said:
Oh, so the guitar-driven battle themes are definitely Jude's. The themes aren't bad, really. It's just that I wished that Sakuraba would do something new for this game.

The Milla battle themes are neat, though. I like them quite a bit.

Reveirg

Jude's battle themes -> snoozefest, basically the same generic battle themes Sakuraba has composed in his few latest games.

Milla's battle themes -> I'm not too sure I love them yet... but they do sound fresher. the first sounds a bit too "happy" I guess? The 2nd one is really nice though.

I hope the rest of the soundtrack is great. Everything about the gameplay and graphics looks awesome, but the story and music can make or break this game.

EDIT: Yeah, Milla's 3rd battle theme is really nice too.

kayos90

Dark Schala said:
Oh, so the guitar-driven battle themes are definitely Jude's. The themes aren't bad, really. It's just that I wished that Sakuraba would do something new for this game.

The Milla battle themes are neat, though. I like them quite a bit.
In the final Milla battle theme there is a section that sounds really similar to Irony of Fate.

Zhund0r

Neo Member
Top Bottom