• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Aeana

I really like the sphere grid type thing. Do they all have their own? Or is it one giant board? Is it easy to earn points to use on it?
They all have their own. Points come with levels. It's not that great of a system, though. It seems like you have a lot of choice at first, but as you progress you find that in going for the required nodes, you end up getting most things.

RPGCrazied

They all have their own. Points come with levels. It's not that great of a system, though. It seems like you have a lot of choice at first, but as you progress you find that in going for the required nodes, you end up getting most things.

Oh. Last question that I have, might be a spoiler, but do you get all the characters fairly early in the game? I really hope Rowen isn't end game like. I really want Alvin, Jude and Rowen in my party early game.

Never played a Tales game but I'm really hyped for this lol.
I understand I should play with Jude first, is that correct? I wanted to play as Mila first lol.

I think some people would contest that with Tenebrae, but I haven't played ToS2 so I can't comment.

ToS2 was shiiiiiiiit but I will admit that Tenebrae was a fun character.

Also, to reiterate my unanswered question..

Loved the gameplay of Vesperia and Graces, but wasn't a fan of their stories. In the case of Vesperia, I felt it kept baiting me with incredibly minor plotlines and then randomly, clumsily evolved into the "saving the world" plotline (also, the antagonists were terrible). How exactly does Xillia pan out in that regard? No spoilers, please!

Still enjoyed the two games, just curious.

Ready for this game after rushing through two thirds of Vesperia in like a week. Sadly won't be able to play it at launch, but I'll be able to possibly get some hours in on my brothers PS3 a few days after release. Have the day one edition pre-ordered as a birthday gift, shame about the size of the artbook though.

PKrockin

I'm pretty hyped for this even though I expect I won't enjoy it quite as much as Graces. I'm probably just itching for a new Tales at the moment.

Oh. Last question that I have, might be a spoiler, but do you get all the characters fairly early in the game? I really hope Rowen isn't end game like. I really want Alvin, Jude and Rowen in my party early game.

You get everyone expect Leia pretty early. At least before the end of Chapter 1.

Their availability changes though depending on the dungeon and whose story you are playing.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Whoa, reading the OP it sounded like Xilia 2 has the same content as this? Is it a situation where they bundled an enhanced and improved Xilia 1 into the sequel content ala White Knight Chronicles?

Bladenic

I'm thinking Jude/Milla/Alvin/Leia but since you can switch at any point, well, I'll use everyone a lot. Rowen is okay and I don't like Elize in battle but her healing spells are godly.

RPGCrazied

You get everyone expect Leia pretty early. At least before the end of Chapter 1.

Their availability changes though depending on the dungeon and whose story you are playing.

I'm thinking Jude/Milla/Alvin/Leia but since you can switch at any point, well, I'll use everyone a lot. Rowen is okay and I don't like Elize in battle but her healing spells are godly.

Sounds good, thanks! :)

Whoa, reading the OP it sounded like Xilia 2 has the same content as this? Is it a situation where they bundled an enhanced and improved Xilia 1 into the sequel content ala White Knight Chronicles?

A little different. Xillia 2 is a full sequel and doesn't include the first game. It just uses a bunch of the same assets and such so you'll be seeing the same things many times when you play both games.

FSLink

Banned
For newcomers, the battle themes also differ depending on which character you start with (Jude or Milla). They're the ones you hear in the battle showcase videos too.

Jude battle theme 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeqabwqMz4
Milla battle theme 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eXXpKLI2Uk

Out of the entire Tales series, the Xillia soundtrack is one of my favorites, so I hope everyone enjoys them too. Definitely better than Graces, Abyss, and Vesperia in the OST department.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, I'll be controlling Jude. Like my avatar hint wasn't enough. And I guess the last slot will go to the girl with Tipo. I want to see his/her/it battle victory pose with Jude.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, I'll be controlling Jude. Like my avatar hint wasn't enough. And I guess the last slot will go to the girl with Tipo. I want to see his/her/it battle victory pose with Jude.

You can switch characters mid-battle in this game, even the ones on the reserves. :p
So I would suggest trying everyone, Jude is fun (and hilariously broken late game due to his speed), but the other characters are great to control too (Leia is pretty similar due to both having mechanics in she gets a range boost on her staff if she dodges correctly, while Jude teleports if he dodges correctly). L1+D Pad direction swaps control to another character, and then R3 can swap a party member with someone in reserve. It's a pretty great system.

I really like Elize's and Jude's link artes, they have some fun synergy. She can drain HP/TP from the enemy to help Jude go all out on the enemy. Teepo Enraged!

I didn't see anything about bazongas in the OP.

Then you will never know bazongas.

ED Cantu

I'm so excited for this game! I can't wait to play it with my brother.

By the way, how's the co-op in this game? I know that you can link with other character to do artes and stuff and that if you do you're basically controlling 2 characters, but if it's only two people playing we can link to different characters and it would be fine, right?

Top Bottom