• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

jorgeton

This game sure is pretty. May not be the most technically advanced game out there, but on the PS4 the colors and art style really pop. Only managed to get an hour in before work but I'm looking forward to clocking in later tonight.

Is there any way to hide the minimap btw? I find myself staring at it way too much and it ruins the immersion.

Durante

I'll bump this question once, because I still haven't found anything:
Has anyone figured out what the level of detail setting does? Because so far I'm stumped.

Is there any way to hide the minimap btw? I find myself staring at it way too much and it ruins the immersion.
I don't think so, by default (and thus on console). The fact that I couldn't find one is the main reason I quickly searched for a UI hiding shader hash for GeDoSaTo.

Anteater

the skills/leveling/equipment stuff seem a bit overwhelming at first glance, going to have to get used to it, I don't remember much from vesperia but I remember it being much simpler.

Crevox

There are various modes that work with a few different flags. And i'll be making a guide later today explaining all of them.

But for SGSSAA, 0x084012C5 (Without the AA fix enabled. As the AA fix enabled lowers the quality in this game) is the best solution.

Thanks much for this, I'll try it later. :D

Any chances of SLI support?

Wondering whether I should get this on PC or PS4.

Are the graphic options any good?

If you've got an even remotely-decent PC, the graphics options available will make it look better than PS4 from what I understand.

My 3+ year old PC with a 6970 in it runs ToZ at 1080p/30 with all the graphics options at max, which at a minimum offers better draw distance than PS4.

I'd make sure you have a controller though, as I can't imagine playing with M+KB.

Crevox

I haven't tested it (I don't use SLI), but really, what would you need it for? Running the game at 12k?

Well, I can't handle 8k consistently right now with my GTX970 and gedosato (GPU usage hits 99% often which means FPS drops) but now with the announcement of SGSSAA, that's only going to tax my performance even harder.

It would be nice to have.

This is the first Tales title I'm not picking up on release since Abyss. Seems like I'm going to regret it just like Abyss lol.

I just don't have the time to fit it in my schedule. Working on Witcher 3+HoS, still haven't opened Batman, and Fallout 3 is around the corner!

I'm hoping Q1/2 next year there will be a big discount on PS+ or even retail like there was with Xillia 1/2 and Symphonia collection. Those were dirt cheap for awhile.

jorgeton

I don't think so, by default (and thus on console). The fact that I couldn't find one is the main reason I quickly searched for a UI hiding shader hash for GeDoSaTo.

Ah well. Not a deal breaker but it'd be great to be able to hide it on console.

Happy Namco ported this to PC though. Seems like this thread is a lot more active than the usual Tales thread at launch. Hopefully it bodes well for sales, future of the franchise etc,

aravuus

Where are the save files located on PC?

the skills/leveling/equipment stuff seem a bit overwhelming at first glance, going to have to get used to it, I don't remember much from vesperia but I remember it being much simpler.

It was a lot simpler (and better) in Vesperia. I'm starting to get hang of Zest's skill system, and I can definitely see why people dislike it. I'm okay with it so far, but we'll see what I think of it further into the game.

Rnr1224

looked on here this morning and forgot to make a backup. I left my computer on last night so I thought it would be screwed and it would update automatically. turned on my monitor and found that it was scheduled to update a little after 10 so i was able to make a backup.

I'm also enjoying the game a fair bit. Everything is running great for me and the concept seems cool. This is my first Tales of game so im definitely liking the combat style.

I just set it up as a gamepad and then swapped the right trackpad to Joystick Move with adaptive centering turned off. I then usually play around with the deadzone thresholds & shape and adjust the sensitivity until I get it feeling responsive enough. Worked quite well for me in games that use x-input.

Thanks. I'll give that a go this evening. Are you using the left analog stick for movement or have you got the left trackpad set up as well?

On my way to EB to pick up my copy. I have a test tomorrow so I need to study all afternoon afterwards. At night I plan on playing through the last episode of Tales from the Borderlands too... I don't think I'll be able to fire this one up until tomorrow. Maybe I'll manage to sneak in a Remote Play quickie right before bed.

Momentary

Banned
I'll bump this question once, because I still haven't found anything:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/147624

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/147626

I think it's a placebo setting or it isn't functioning correctly. I dont' see a difference. I tested in an interior and exterior environment. I figured it would have change the amount of foliage shown on the screen at one time but that doesn't look to be the case.

I made sure to restart the game on each take to make sure the settings took.

Durante

Yeah, I did 1:1 comparisons -- with reloading -- at multiple locations, and couldn't find any difference at all. Thanks for double checking.

(The distance setting does make a huge difference, as does the shadow one. I'll have comparisons for those in my upcoming article)

Zafir

Man I get so pissed off with support sometimes. :I

I've been complaining at Amazon DE about the situation of my Tales of Zesitiria CE for PS4. It came back in stock on the site earlier today so I know they're talking bullshit. Wish I'd have cancelled my pre-order and just made a new order.

First they said they oversold the pre-order, which would have been fair enough if it hadn't have come back in stock today. Then they stated I ordered when it was out of stock, when it was a pre-order, which they'd have known if they'd have read the conversation.

I wouldn't mind, but it's basically sold out everywhere now, so I'm utterly screwed if they don't come through.

Edit: Oh, it's £100 on GAME. Meh, not paying that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think it's okay to post it here since it's just the opening movie from the game's files (please don't ban me, mods D8 ), but I uploaded the Japanese intro file that was deleted from Zestiria: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xdm5x717rd4d243/AM_TOZ_OP_001.bk2

Put in this folder or equivalent to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Zestiria\RAW\MOVIE

And replace the file that has the same name in that folder (make a back-up just in case as that's the original opening, the file you're downloading is the Japanese-lyric opening).

(though it's also in the Reddit post in the OP, I uploaded this a few hours ago for a friend who wanted it and I think it's okay to link here, at least I hope so since it's just one of the game's files)

If I already swapped the file names of the english and japanese openings yesterday, would the patch have deleted the english version in place of the japanese version?

I'd check myself but I'm still only half way through the intro.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If I already swapped the file names of the english and japanese openings yesterday, would the patch have deleted the english version in place of the japanese version?

I'd check myself but I'm still only half way through the intro.

Yes, they deleted the file, but didn't replace it or anything.
coughThanksNamcoEmployeecoughcough

Tizoc

Just get the DLC now if you are from Europe. You just have to get a code from the VIP Bandai store and redeem it on PSN/Live/Steam. You don't even need the game in europe (PS4) for that...
Steam users from any region can redeem the code just fine too btw
If u dont have the game just get the code and redeem it when u do have the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think it's okay to post it here since it's just the opening movie from the game's files (please don't ban me, mods D8 ), but I uploaded the Japanese intro file that was deleted from Zestiria:

Honestly? It's a bit of a gray area since it's something that's no longer legally obtainable with a purchase of the EN copy of the game, and (very likely) due to a licensing issue on the dev/publisher's side. If anything I'd PM moderation to ask first. (Aeana is posting in this thread regularly for example)

and as you mentioned not hard to find regardless

According to the OP you need the collector's edition to get the alisha DLC?

I have the regular edition pre-ordered. Kind of lame that I need to buy the DLC since I figured from all the outrage it would be included for all versions.

Stuart444

According to the OP you need the collector's edition to get the alisha DLC?

I have the regular edition pre-ordered. Kind of lame that I need to buy the DLC since I figured from all the outrage it would be included for all versions.

Alisha DLC should be available on the US PSN store when it updates and will be free for a limited time (while for EU and Steam people it's on the VIP Corner of the Bamco EU site)

Layell

Think I'm going to go replace that opening with japanese version.

Any way to further reduce that screen tearing on a 280?

Durante

Think I'm going to go replace that opening with japanese version.

Any way to further reduce that screen tearing on a 280?
You shouldn't have any screen tearing if you enable V-sync (and restart the game).

Alternatively, you can also set the resolution to your desktop resolution and disable fullscreen, which will put the game in borderless windowed fullscreen mode and automatically enable triple buffering.

Top Bottom