• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift files for trademarks to stream her music from her website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just call it Swift? Start out with her own music, then expand to deals with others and eventually fube her own label and sign on others to promote. Swift could be a billionaire, she's that insanely popular and well connected.

Yo can't be serious...

ieD2lnz.png
Jay did it with Tidal, so it's not completely out of the realm of the possibility. Again, we don't really know much about this supposed site other than the fact the site will have music streaming. It could be this fan club thing, or it could be a dedicated streaming site with albums by Ed Sheeran and other famous friends being exclusive to the site.
I'm not familiar with how large her fanbase is so forgive the question but: Is her fanbase large enough to sustain a streaming music service?
If it's a dedicated streaming site, likely no. If it's a fan club with a small subscription fee, it can be successful, I think.

If it's a dedicated streaming site, likely no. If it's a fan club with a small subscription fee, it can be successful, I think.

Yea, that's something niche that would work and wouldn't even be anything resembling an attempt to cannibalize streaming music sales/subs..etc. Shit, her music would still be on streaming providers if that's the case.

Falchion

I was actually just thinking the other day how it sucks her music wasn't on Spotify. Guess it makes sense to just subscribe to a completely separate service for her discography.

louiedog

I'm currently on a 6 month free Tidal subscription I got from Sprint. I previously have had 3 month Spotify and 3 month Google Play trial subs.

If we can get enough streaming services going maybe I can get a lifetime of music paid for by venture capitalists.

Oozer3993

No she isn't. As is their wont, TMZ is shamelessly sensationalizing a small bit of news to get clicks.

But Gossip Cop has exclusively learned TMZ is reaching. The superstar has no intention of creating her own streaming service called “Swifties” to compete with Spotify. That part of the report is completely wrong.

Streaming was included in the filing just to make sure every possible base was covered for this "Swifties" project, which is almost assuredly a fan club.

GhaleonEB

Update the title to indicate what she actually appears to be doing, without playing the leap to conclusions game the article in the OP does. This doesn't sound very unusual. She's going to stream her music and sell branded stuff from her website.

DJChuy

I'll buy a Taylor Swift guitar pick just for the fact that there are actually Taylor Swift guitar merchandise for sale. Did she even play guitar in her last album?

Volimar

This is something that doesn't affect her haters the tiniest bit, so of course they're going to give her loads of shit for it.

LosDaddie

Banned
Update the title to indicate what she actually appears to be doing, without playing the leap to conclusions game the article in the OP does. This doesn't sound very unusual. She's going to stream her music and sell branded stuff from her website.

Thank you. This is nothing abnormal for an artist to do.

I saw this news earlier and now all I can think about is rebranded Tom Swifties.

"I'm not a country artist anymore," Taylor popped off.

"Why am I not one of Barbara Walters's most interesting people?" Taylor wondered listlessly.

DOWN

Banned
This is actually likely just a sort of fan club site that happens to include access to stream her music. There's no way she exits her deal with Apple Music.

BlitzKeeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom