• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

fernoca

schick85 said:
Legitimate question: How did you have your partner drive? It would change my view of the game somewhat if this is true. I always found it weird having them ride shotgun. It's their car you know.
Once your choose a destination (any on the map), press and hold Y/Triangle. If there's dialog during the way, you'll hear them both talking and then cut to the place you chose (you can also skip this by pressing the A/X button).

schick85

fernoca said:
Once your choose a destination (any on the map), press and hold Y/Triangle. If there's dialog during the way, you'll hear them both talking and then cut to the place you chose (you can also skip this by pressing the A/X button).
Awesome. I'll try it out.

Alex

I didn't care for this game at first but it really grew on me, like a lot. I mostly do my own driving since I like to be able to pick up the radio calls for the street crimes.

fernoca

Quick reminder that the Rockstar Pass will be at 800 Microsoft Points / $9.99 till June 14.
After that, price will go up to (the regular) 960 Microsoft Points / $11.99.

'Nicholson Electroplating Disaster', to those with Best buy codes and that already got the Pass goes live the following week on June 21st.

fernoca

Hey You said:
I'm assuming the DLC's are a single case? Are they worth it?

I'm thinking of getting the Rockstar pass.
Yep. Each appear on their respective desks/folders. If you're playing the main game they'll appear as you play normally, if you finished the game you just go to the desk/folder and choose it.

I just DLed the Rockstar Pass, but I honestly might not play the extra cases until they're all available. I saw two cases that said "Owned -- Coming Soon" or something. Right now just doing street crimes.

Has anyone used the Sharpshooter suit? I'm not sure what's supposed to be different. It seems to auto-aim at people for me but I'm not sure if I have that enabled or not.

dwebo

UnluckyKate said:
So I bought the Rockstar Pass but I didn't get any content.

Am I missing something ?
At least on PSN, buying the pass doesn't download the DLC for you, it just makes them free.

dwebo

UnluckyKate said:
But how do I get them ?
Just go back to the game page in the store and add them to your cart IIRC. The in-game DLC browser still didn't work last I checked a few days ago.

Orgun

Finished this last night, good game but it dragged on a bit towards the end.

I would love to see a Blade Runner game in the style of LA Noire.

dk_

I'd appreciate if Team Bondi allows the player to skip any kind of dialogue. Replaying cases is a drag sometimes!

RyL

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
Today my mother came in, while I was playing LA Noire, she watched a little how I was trying to solve a case and then asked: "Why is this guying touching everything with his bare hands." :/

Seriously that must be the most annoying shit in this game. Plus the fact that 90% of my interrogations lead to "doubt"...

Because forensics worked like that in the 40's (you know... the early days of forensics)

back in the day they didn't have the tools to scan for skin particle, DNA and whatnot

for gods sake don't compare it with the modern times, the criminals had it much easier back in the day

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
When the pass came out I read a R* quote that made it sound like there'd be no more cases after these. If they don't release those unused desks I'll be seriously sad. Hope that was just PR parsing.

dankir

I found the game just got much more interesting during the Vice cases.

They finally linked the morphine to his old marine colleagues. I though the Sheldon guy was a side character didn't think he would show up in the main game. The newspaper stuff started getting intertwined with the main story was done really well. Initially I wasn't sure if they were going to relate the newspaper stories to the main story at all. I thought it would always be separate but good stuff Team Bondi.

I finished the Vice desk last night, was really surprised Cole went to nail the German broad. Also they made Cole's wife Marie really racked lol. But yeah fuck Roy

Those murder cases were fucking awful.

This game has two gameplay mechanics and that's it. How it got reviewed so highly I have no clue.

andycapps

Was just starting to get into the game, probably 2 hours in, and it gives my OG PS3 the YLOD. Looks like I need to try to do the fix with some thermal paste and such. Doing a quick Google search it seems like I'm not the only one.

Loving the game thus far, but this definitely puts a damper on the night.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Patrick Bateman said:
Wait, so Cole Phelps is Ken Cosgrove?

Blows my mind.

You just now noticing that? ;) The resemblance is pretty strong.

There are quite a few Mad Men actors in the game, I saw Kinsey as well before I bailed out.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Patrick Bateman said:
Wait, so Cole Phelps is Ken Cosgrove?

Blows my mind.

Not my creation.

mmlanoire.jpg

Snuggler said:
You just now noticing that? ;) The resemblance is pretty strong.

There are quite a few Mad Men actors in the game, I saw Kinsey as well before I bailed out.

I always thought that I might know this game. Of course I recognized a couple of Mad Men characters, but not him. :O

RBH

LA Noire is now $39.99 on Amazon.com

I haven't read this thread too much due to fear of spoilers, but do you guys think it's worth $39.99?

Scotch

Snuggler said:
Wait, Elizabeth Moss is in LA Noire? Damn, I did not know that. Same with Pete.
She was the girl in front of the bar who saw the hit and run. She had a surprisingly small role, and she's not even credited on IMDB for some reason.

T-0800

Just started playing this and wanted to say it's good to see something a bit different to the usual FPS shooters we see these days. LA Noire and Heavy Rain certainly have their issues but both are a refreshing change in this day and age.

mr afghan jones

Neo Member
Scotch said:
She was the girl in front of the bar who saw the hit and run. She had a surprisingly small role, and she's not even credited on IMDB for some reason.

She's also in a radio side quest and I saw her sat down in the lobby of Jack Kelso's office.

(Spoiler for a late gameplay mechanic)

Man, the chase scene where you're the one driving away was really fun. I liked it a lot better than the usual chase scenes.

The best chase mission was this one where my car went off a ramp and landed on top of their car and all I had to do was stay on before they gave up and got out. This game has some funny glitches.

I think I'm at least more than halfway through now. I still don't know what to say about it as a whole. It's really fun to just drive around and explore the city, but the cases are kind of..empty after a while. It just feels a little too episodic for my liking. The music is great, and the acting is pretty well done. Pointing out actors is great too.
Oh, hello cast of Mad Men. Hell-- WALTER IS THAT YOU

The questioning is..fun sometimes, I guess. I'm glad that games are going for this sort of thing now, but the "Doubt" option threw me for a loop. As it seemed to be more of a "THIS CHARACTER IS A HORRIBLE PERSON-- THREATEN TO DO HORRIBLE THINGS TO THEM" button more than calling them out on withholding information.

Gravijah said:
I say we bust in there and find the goddamn evidence.
You ever hear of soap?

Mohonky

Do I seriously suck ass at this game or do some of the interrogations / questions seem kind of ham fisted?

I am consistently getting less than 50% correct answers / responses to interrogations. Some times it seems more like guess work. I get a statement from the witness or suspect; go through my clues and think "hmm yeh there's nothing in here that really contradicts what this person is saying so I can only assume it's the truth" only to find out nup, I was wrong. Then when I try doubt on some questions because I see the character shifting eyes but again I don't really have any proof to the contrary and buzzz, wrong again.

Wtf? Is there some trick to this I'm missing? I'm getting really frustrated by the idea that I am getting the majority of questions wrong (last interview was 0/4). The hell?

Did anyone else find this to be a problem? It'd be nice to be able to re-ask the question again occasionally or be able to go back to slightly before the questioning rather than replay an entire case.

ced

T-0800 said:
Just started playing this and wanted to say it's good to see something a bit different to the usual FPS shooters we see these days. LA Noire and Heavy Rain certainly have their issues but both are a refreshing change in this day and age.

I said that too until about 6 hours in when you realize it's the same shit over and over. I don't regret buying it though, those first hours were a lot of fun, I just can't finish it.

Top Bottom