• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Zep

Banned
Had it in my hands but couldn't go through with the mark-up of $20. Fuck that.

Anyone in the Philly area looking for it early, send me a PM...I'll give you his email to set it up. Its just one person, not a store.

anyone know where this pic originated from?

1305411701614.jpg

This is interesting...some 360 owners are more insecure on this game than ps3 owners usually are... I guess thats because people are more used to getting the inferior version on ps3.... Going by the 360 vids I have seen, it looks pretty much identical. Given the game's history though, it seems like the ps3 version would be stronger if anything.

Sethos

Banned
Remij said:
anyone know where this pic originated from?

1305411701614.jpg

Would be funny if that was legit. Looks more like a comparison between a higher quality stream and some older footage from the trailers.

Amir0x

Banned
of course it's not legit. They've been showing almost nothing but PS3 footage for weeks and months now and it looks nothing like that.

DrBo42

Amir0x said:
of course it's not legit. They've been showing almost nothing but PS3 footage for weeks and months now and it looks nothing like that.
Not saying that picture is legit but the PS3 footage I've been seeing has been similarly blown out. Maybe it's from someone's setup that hasn't been adjusted for PS3.

Amir0x

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Not saying that picture is legit but the PS3 footage I've been seeing has been similarly blown out. Maybe it's from someone's setup that hasn't been adjusted for PS3.

We've seen PS3 footage all over the place. Almost all the video you've ever seen so far is PS3 footage. We know how the PS3 game looks. It's not legit.

jackdoe

Amir0x said:
We've seen PS3 footage all over the place. Almost all the video you've ever seen so far is PS3 footage. We know how the PS3 game looks. It's not legit.
Actually, the "PS3 Shot" in the comparison is from the first gameplay video "Orientation". Of course, it is compressed so much that it doesn't even work as a proper comparison.

Watched the first 15. Great stuff and was happy to see run mapped to R2 instead of a damn face button (cause you know, it's nice to have camera control)

Do we know yet if shooting is with R1 or R2?

Plasmid

AgentOtaku said:
Watched the first 15. Great stuff and was happy to see run mapped to R2 instead of a damn face button (cause you know, it's nice to have camera control)

can i get a link to the first 15/

DrBo42

Einbroch said:
Friend got about 4 cases into the game. If you have any questions I can try to answer them the best I can.
Which platform? How does it look/run? Do cases/interrogations stop holding your hand at some point?

Einbroch

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Which platform? How does it look/run? Do cases/interrogations stop holding your hand at some point?
360. It runs pretty well. There was one part where it stuttered REALLY bad but that might be because his 360 is dying. It's already red-ringed once. :lol

And they seem to, but some people have REALLY obvious tells. Some don't. I guess like real-life. He messed up a few times. There seems to be a real snowball effect. You miss a clue early on, you miss out on a question. You miss the question, you can miss entire suspects. I have no idea if it actually makes a difference as to the outcome of the case, but it does a good job seeming like it does.

ZeroRay

Einbroch said:
360. It runs pretty well. There was one part where it stuttered REALLY bad but that might be because his 360 is dying. It's already red-ringed once. :lol

And they seem to, but some people have REALLY obvious tells. Some don't. I guess like real-life. He messed up a few times. There seems to be a real snowball effect. You miss a clue early on, you miss out on a question. You miss the question, you can miss entire suspects. I have no idea if it actually makes a difference as to the outcome of the case, but it does a good job seeming like it does.

That's great to hear. I really want the game to punish you for missing something.

CrazyDude

Einbroch said:

How far along is he?

Amir0x

Banned
Einbroch said:

Good. So amazing. It's finally a game concept that actually seems to live up to its lofty aspirations.

Kintaco

AgentOtaku said:

PzbJy.png

I took this off the PS3 unboxing video. It looks like R2 is used for shooting.

Does anyone know the replay value of this game? After finding out that there really isn't a difference between winging cases and completing them correctly, I'm a bit on the fence of buying this at full price.

hlhbk

Can someone who actually has the ps3 version and has seen the 360 version confirm that that pic is not legit? I have the PS3 version preordered but if it is not the best version technically I will change it.

vehn

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Does anyone know the replay value of this game? After finding out that there really isn't a difference between winging cases and completing them correctly, I'm a bit on the fence of buying this at full price.

way to spoil that shit. now people will be less enthused about completing cases correctly, ass

Yeah you know the 30 hours you'll be spending trying to do the cases the comprise the entire game? Guess it means shit what you actually do

Tawpgun

Shed_a_Ninja said:

Wait what? That can't be right, then what's the point?

hlhbk

Shed_a_Ninja said:

Can anyone confirm this is true????

vehn said:
way to spoil that shit. now people will be less enthused about completing cases correctly, ass

Yeah you know the 30 hours you'll be spending trying to do the cases the comprise the entire game? Guess it means shit what you actually do

I didn't spoil anything. It was in an article with Rockstar.

Sheesh.

Kintaco said:
PzbJy.png

I took this off the PS3 unboxing video. It looks like R2 is used for shooting.

Bah!

Oh well, as long as R2 only requires a light touch ala RDR (and not ALL THE WAY DOWN, like GTAIV), I'm fine with it.

Shed_a_Ninja said:

Finding landmarks, vehicles, 5 starring cases, trophies/achievements, etc...

hlhbk said:

A27 Tawpgun said:

I am looking for it right now.

EDIT: Here it is-

"As you rise through the ranks, you earn Intuition points, which can be cashed in to eliminate one wrong question-tone (or reveal the location of all the clues at a location)."

"Luckily, LA Noire is pretty forgiving, so if your body language-assessment skills aren't up to CSI standards, you should still get the right result in the end, although you risk a chewing-out from your boss for shoddy police work, which is genuinely mortifying"

duckroll

A27 Tawpgun said:
Wait what? That can't be right, then what's the point?

Self-satisfaction? What's the difference between playing really well in an action game and getting a SSS rank for a level, and barely beating it and using tons of items and getting a D rank? You still make it to the next stage.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shed_a_Ninja said:
I am looking for it right now.

EDIT: Here it is-

"As you rise through the ranks, you earn Intuition points, which can be cashed in to eliminate one wrong question-tone (or reveal the location of all the clues at a location)."

"Luckily, LA Noire is pretty forgiving, so if your body language-assessment skills aren't up to CSI standards, you should still get the right result in the end, although you risk a chewing-out from your boss for shoddy police work, which is genuinely mortifying"
I don't see anything at that link other than:

Removed: Embargoed game review

guardian.co.uk, Friday 13 May 2011 15.35 BST

A story and comments relating to a game review have been taken down as we inadvertently breached an embargo by publishing the article. All will be restored when the story is out of embargo.

Gacha-pin

AgentOtaku said:

found this on lanoire forum. I wonder we can't run when you arm the weapons.
It's my guess but I don't think we can swap R1/R2 for shooting like RDR.

On Foot
Left Stick - Movement / Manipulate Clue
Right Stick - Rotate Camera
Triangle - Enter / Exit Vehicle / Hold to Make Partner Drive
O - Leave Clues Analysis / Reload
X - Interact / Investigate Clue
Square - Talk / Ask Partner for Help
R1 - Enter / Exit Cover
R2 - Run / Shoot (with weapon armed)
R3 - Look Behind
L1 - Dismount Armed Weapon
L2 - Aim Weapon